Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Colony

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Colony

Old 02-01-2016, 21:04   #1
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Colony

http://www.usanetwork.com/colony

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4209256/
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2016, 21:09   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Colony

Would be a lot more helpful if you actually posted some information rather than just links.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:20   #3
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Would be a lot more helpful if you actually posted some information rather than just links.
Yea your probably right! But at the time of the post I hadnt watched it.

Anyway

Stars Josh Holloway (Lost) & Sarah Wayne Callies (The Walking Dead)

After the invasion of America (possible earth), cities & districts are divided up & walled off. Overseen by sympathisers of the occupation those inside try to lead normal life’s. The resistance movement is in full swing.
Josh works for a delivery Co & tries to reach another district to find his son (middle of 3 kids) but because of the resistance he doesn’t make it & gets arrested.
After his arrest he is taken to the Governors residence where he is (?) coerced into working for the occupation with the promise of them getting his son back from another district.
Unbeknown to Josh his wife (Sarah) is part of the resistance & she becomes their inside person because of the roll her husband takes with the occupation, that of an investigator helping to find the resistance.

Short overview, looks like it has promise but as with all TV series nothing is set in stone & may end up with 1 short run.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 17:36   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Just watched ep1, looks good and seems to have a reasonable story behind it.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 21:40   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

ep2 is better. I like it but I hope it isn't just human drama hidden behind scifi plot. They only alien thing about it atm is the drones flying around making funny noises. Hopefully at some point we'll get to see some aliens and spaceships. Tbh my crystal ball is telling me it is going to be cancelled.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 22:16   #6
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

.... agree.

Too many people and not enough aliens. In fact no aliens at all. Perhaps they're asleep, or, as we got a clue in the last ep...they're perception of time is different to ours. Wow, what a revelation......zzzzzz
Old 09-02-2016, 22:30   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I havent watched ep4 yet but given what we saw in ep2 i am guessing it is like V and they are taking all the humans tgat go "the factory" up to their ship for food. As the governor said, they will leave when they get what they came for.
Old 09-02-2016, 22:40   #8
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I think the alien identify mystery will be the season finale. Bit of a twist which could open up the storyline at the end of ep4.. Not what I was expecting as I thought they were perhaps Geronimo??

It's watchable for an early season hopefully to get better.
Old 10-02-2016, 17:44   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

I just watched ep4 and it was flipping good. When I watched the pilot I thought it might try and be too light hearted so it appeals to the wider family audience but I love how serious it is getting and addressing the realistic social tensions and issues which would arise if such a situation were to occur. Season 1 is 10 eps so lets hope we can hold out till the end!
Old 12-02-2016, 23:06   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

just watched ep5 and I don't think I can wait a week for ep6. The poo is going to hit the fan.
Old 12-02-2016, 23:14   #11
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
just watched ep5 and I don't think I can wait a week for ep6. The poo is going to hit the fan.
Sure is
Old 15-02-2016, 20:30   #12
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

I am warming to this a bit, I admit.

A rip of V, yes. As it's all about how people treat each other, but still watchable.
Old 15-02-2016, 21:22   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

it is getting better and better with each ep.

Tbh I honestly thought Phyllis was Geronimo until they allegedly killed her. If you listened to how she talked to Will about the occupation, the things the aliens did and what she thinks of the provisional government, I was expecting her to turn out to be a high level resistance member. She definitely gave the impression she was sympathetic towards them. I couldn't decide whether it was genuine or whether she was doing it as a test to see how Will reacts and if she could bait him into switch sides.
Old 15-02-2016, 21:26   #14
Kymmy
Inactive

Yep it's what I hinted at in post #8

It'll be interesting when they source the "advanced optics" as that'll probably shed more light on the ETs
Old 15-02-2016, 22:09   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

nice, never seen spoiler tags before.