Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Racing UK HD

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Racing UK HD

Old 12-08-2018, 06:19   #16
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Racing UK HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC Scouser View Post
£22 is worth it if you're making atleast that from the bookies a month! Would be much nicer in HD and is about time to be honest, especially with ATR's rebrand sending it to a better place.

The capacity issue might slowly alleviate itself as more channels move to better compression techniques that the new boxes VM are pushing support. Probably will be a case soon of "x channels aren't available on clapped out old boxes."
Yes hopefully in the six months we will get the RUK HD variant from Virgin with ATR's rebrand coming in January.

You can't live that far from the home of racing Scouser.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:55   #17
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
£22 is worth it if you're making atleast that from the bookies a month! Would be much nicer in HD and is about time to be honest, especially with ATR's rebrand sending it to a better place.

The capacity issue might slowly alleviate itself as more channels move to better compression techniques that the new boxes VM are pushing support. Probably will be a case soon of "x channels aren't available on clapped out old boxes."
I'm really not convinced that there is a capacity issue preventing the launch of new channels on Virgin Media.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:02   #18
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'm really not convinced that there is a capacity issue preventing the launch of new channels on Virgin Media.
Absolutely as to me capacity issues are a load of bollocks IMO.
Old 14-08-2018, 18:20   #19
LFC Scouser
Gigabyte Greed

Services: 2 x V6 Box, VIP Bundle, M600, etc.
LFC Scouser is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes hopefully in the six months we will get the RUK HD variant from Virgin with ATR's rebrand coming in January.

You can't live that far from the home of racing Scouser.
My friend can see Aintree from his garden, can't get more HD than that!

RUK HD would be a welcome addition + the new courses ATR are getting make me happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Eh, I doubt it's an issue for launching channels - there are always ways to make more room! Still something that is worth noting I guess.
LFC Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 18:31   #20
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
My friend can see Aintree from his garden, can't get more HD than that!

RUK HD would be a welcome addition + the new courses ATR are getting make me happy.
Yes l am glad ATR have got the Ascot rights again as they will give the course the coverage it deserves as when the Irish rights move over to RUK in 2019 l can foresee significant problems personally unless they launch a second channel.
Old 14-08-2018, 19:23   #21
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
1 that's a lot of money for one channel
Usually they give the biggest races for free though - I have seen two triple crowns championed in 4 years at like midnight UK thanks to like the BS being covered free to air. (Not to mention the year that AP messed up / Wicket Strong won out). Not bad.

It is like for golf...worth the entire sports package for 3 majors a year?
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote