Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ISP Virgin Media UK to Launch Surprise 600Mbps Broadband Tier

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

ISP Virgin Media UK to Launch Surprise 600Mbps Broadband Tier

Old 03-07-2020, 13:24   #46
Lee
cf.addict

Lee is on a distinguished roadLee is on a distinguished road
Re: ISP Virgin Media UK to Launch Surprise 600Mbps Broadband Tier

I was paying £54 for the M350 standalone after my contract ended.

After speaking to VM, the best deal they would give me is £57 for the TV Mix/Talk Weekends and M500. I don't really want the TV or Phone line, but I caved and said yes...
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2020, 13:43   #47
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It's all about the bundles and that is why they came up with 600mbits.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 13:48   #48
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
Just spoke to them and they denied that bundle exists. The best they could offer me was £62/month for 350Mb, Mixit TV, and weekend calls. I declined.
This is from their confirmation email:-
"
Your new package now includes:
Broadband: M500 Fibre Broadband - 5GB Oomph SIM - Discount"

I don't think its a particularly good deal as I don't have TV included however it does match the best they would offer me for just M350 BB on its own if I re-contracted (I've tried several times over the past few months that I've been out of contract to see what they would offer).

I didn't want to commit to a contract as I was planning to move away this year and didn't know if I would be moving to a VM area,
however the Covid pandemic has put paid to those plans for a while and this so far is the best deal I can get from VM, I would still like to know though if all the deals I mentioned before are subject to the 18 month contract I was quoted on them.
buckeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 15:03   #49
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I was paying £54 for the M350 standalone after my contract ended.

After speaking to VM, the best deal they would give me is £57 for the TV Mix/Talk Weekends and M500. I don't really want the TV or Phone line, but I caved and said yes...
That's the same as a new customer deal. They wouldn't even give me that. They offered it to me for £77.

I cancelled this morning. I've had this account for 9 years. Loyalty comes at a price.
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 15:46   #50
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
I cancelled this morning. I've had this account for 9 years. Loyalty comes at a price.
I cancelled a few weeks ago as I thought their offers to a 15 odd year customer were outrageously bad, also my BB had gone wrong at least once a day for 25 of the previous 40 days prior to me cancelling.
Unfortunately for me I found the reasonably good alternatives I had researched evaporated into pathetic 11 meg old style ADSL connections when I tried to sign up for them.

The timing of the new services have worked out for me, but from my experience don't expect VM to offer you better in your notice period, they would have just let me leave if things hadn't of changed (I was 22 days into my 30 day notice period before signing up again without any contact from them since cancelling).
buckeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 16:02   #51
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

I still can't order 500Mbps due to it "only being available with Ultimate Oomph"
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2020, 08:23   #52
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Mike i was the same but i rang them up and they offered it to me as a stand alone package.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 14:20   #53
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

the roads and pavements round here have been dug up recently, then earlier today the doorbell rung, a rep from toob.co.uk gave us a flier, £25pm 18 month contract 900mps download and upload is tempting
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 14:43   #54
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I would have bit their hand off
Old 02-11-2020, 20:40   #55
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

I got upgraded tonight to 600 mb my speed test is 646mb upload 42.5
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 21:19   #56
General Maximus
Ran Away

My connection just went down for a few mins and i was hoping for a cheeky upgrade when it came back up but no luck.
Old 02-11-2020, 22:13   #57
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
I got upgraded tonight to 600 mb my speed test is 646mb upload 42.5
I think mine has been done, not hitting 600 but have the 42.5 upload.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 22:24   #58
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimpy View Post
I think mine has been done, not hitting 600 but have the 42.5 upload.
Check the hub config file.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:27   #59
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:40   #60
General Maximus
Ran Away

Sweet