Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2018, 19:16   #2101
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Sorry, I have just been enjoying the show. On what you ask? Well I could talk about:

• A campaign run by criminals
  • A campaign lead by Liars and Charlatans
  • A proposal to restructure the economy based on no, yes zero, planning
  • A backdrop of years of right wing media lies about the EU and immigrants
  • dog whistle racism used to encourage anti-immigrant hysteria
  • the fact that immigration from outside the EU has always been higher, in some years much higher, than from the EU
  • the fact that our Government has had the ability for some time now to control EU migration but chose not to use it
  • the fact that the country was not told that the vote would leave them, and the country, poorer

Yes, the list is endless but all of this does not matter one whit. You see, this is a religious thing. It always has been. Facts and evidence mean nothing if you have Faith. They are, by definition, incompatible.

Here is a Leave voter that represents the end of the Leave spectrum but he really believes this stuff and there are a lot like him:

"Let's get back to being the British Empire" - this leave voter at the #SaveBrexitRally in Harrogate explains why he doesn't want a #PeoplesVote

Yes, I know, I will get the same old crap about "I know what I voted for", "the EU is corrupt" and "Jean-Claude Juncker ate my goldfish" but I don't care.

This whole process is a Tory debacle: a rats in a sack civil war that is taking the country down with it. I for one am not happy to watch this play out and do nothing. I did my bit and I am proud of it. I stood up for what I think is right.

Last thought, for the literal amongst you: if you have a march of 500,000 that means there are many, many more in the country who support you: those who could not make the journey for myriad of reasons.

This is democracy in action: the people trying to stop the country being taken down by a cabal of elites, political opportunists and free market capitalists.

Time for dinner
There probably are others who support the marchers. Not as many as those who want to leave, though, and that is the point.

As for your nonsense about this being a Tory issue, you are not making the connection that the majority are in line with the view that the EU is bad for us.

However, let's not just issue a health warning. Let's get outta here!
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2018, 19:17   #2102
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It means that there's only 5% yet to go, most of which concerns the NI border issue.

Both Barnier and May agree on that figure.
Er - wouldn't it be better if we knew what was in the 95%? What stitch-up/capitulation is in there? And none of those MPs asked the question.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 22-10-2018, 19:18   #2103
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Er - wouldn't it be better if we knew what was in the 95%? What stitch-up/capitulation is in there? And none of those MPs asked the question.
We all know that this is mainly about the NI border and the backstop. Nothing else to see here.
Old 22-10-2018, 19:30   #2104
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Sorry, I have just been enjoying the show. On what you ask? Well I could talk about:

• the fact that immigration from outside the EU has always been higher, in some years much higher, than from the EU
  • the fact that our Government has had the ability for some time now to control EU migration but chose not to use it
  • the fact that the country was not told that the vote would leave them, and the country, poorer

Yes, the list is endless but all of this does not matter one whit. You see, this is a religious thing. It always has been. Facts and evidence mean nothing if you have Faith. They are, by definition, incompatible.

Here is a Leave voter that represents the end of the Leave spectrum but he really believes this stuff and there are a lot like him:

"Let's get back to being the British Empire" - this leave voter at the #SaveBrexitRally in Harrogate explains why he doesn't want a #PeoplesVote

Yes, I know, I will get the same old crap about "I know what I voted for", "the EU is corrupt" and "Jean-Claude Juncker ate my goldfish" but I don't care.

This whole process is a Tory debacle: a rats in a sack civil war that is taking the country down with it. I for one am not happy to watch this play out and do nothing. I did my bit and I am proud of it. I stood up for what I think is right.

Last thought, for the literal amongst you: if you have a march of 500,000 that means there are many, many more in the country who support you: those who could not make the journey for myriad of reasons.

This is democracy in action: the people trying to stop the country being taken down by a cabal of elites, political opportunists and free market capitalists.

Time for dinner
So on what I asked you have no answer for.

All I want to know is what is this peoples vote you marched for?

What is the vote you actually want, if its on the deal what from do you want it to take and what do you expect to achieve?
Old 22-10-2018, 19:33   #2105
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We all know that this is mainly about the NI border and the backstop. Nothing else to see here.
I think Seph is asking what's in the 95% not what's in the 5%.
Old 22-10-2018, 19:35   #2106
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Yes we could have another vote on staying or leaving the EU but I honestly believe that the outcome would be closer but the result would be to leave still unfortunately.
Old 22-10-2018, 19:43   #2107
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Is it too early to apply for a visa to visit Paris in the spring?
Well, Theresa May is currently talking about staying in the single market and customs union until 2021 so I reckon you won't need one for a bit.
Old 22-10-2018, 20:01   #2108
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

At least one shadow labour minister has it right regarding a second referendum.

Quote:
Mr Gardiner said Remain and Leave campaigners told voters at the 2016 referendum that their decision “will determine the future of our country for the next 40 or 50 years”.

He added: “If you then say to people ‘We did give you a vote and actually we, the Remainers, lost the vote, but because you were stupid enough to do what you wanted rather than what we wanted ... we’ll give you another chance to get it right’ – that undermines the whole principle of democracy in this country.”
source https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8505261.html
Old 22-10-2018, 20:12   #2109
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

At least one Conservative MP has it right regarding a second referendum.
Quote:
The Cambridgeshire South MP, Heidi Allen, said she would now back a second public vote on leaving the EU because of the threat to jobs and businesses in her constituency and the rest of the country from crashing out without a deal.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ew-brexit-vote
Old 22-10-2018, 20:35   #2110
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Have IQ’s suddenly dropped on this forum?

A second referendum, which won’t happen but if it did, would have to take place before March next year. Also a bill would have to passed in parliament to repeal the withdrawal bill. Or at least to say if the country voted to remain to repeal the withdrawl bill.

I don’t see that happening in 5 months.

Therefore we will leave in March with, or without, a deal. Any second referendum would have to take place when we’re outside of the EU, which would mean having to negotiate re-entering the EU. Which would mean joining the single currency and a shed load of other things we opted out of when we were members.

We are leaving in March 2019. There is nothing that can be done to stop it. It would be unlawful.

Failure to grasp this concept is mind blowing.
Old 22-10-2018, 20:38   #2111
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

A second referendum, which won’t happen but if it did, would have to take place before March next year. Also a bill would have to passed in parliament to repeal the withdrawal bill. Or at least to say if the country voted to remain to repeal the withdrawl bill.

I don’t see that happening in 5 months.

Therefore we will leave in March with, or without, a deal. Any second referendum would have to take place when we’re outside of the EU, which would mean having to negotiate re-entering the EU. Which would mean joining the single currency and a shed load of other things we opted out of when we were members.

We are leaving in March 2019. There is nothing that can be done to stop it. It would be unlawful.

Failure to grasp this concept is mind blowing.
Old 22-10-2018, 21:00   #2112
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
So on what I asked you have no answer for.

All I want to know is what is this peoples vote you marched for?

What is the vote you actually want, if its on the deal what from do you want it to take and what do you expect to achieve?
The losers March on Saturday wasn't about a vote on the deal - the Stop Brexit posters showed the lot of them for what they are, abusers of democracy, they want another vote with the option to Remain in the EU.
Old 22-10-2018, 21:07   #2113
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The losers March on Saturday wasn't about a vote on the deal - the Stop Brexit posters showed the lot of them for what they are, abusers of democracy, they want another vote with the option to Remain in the EU.
I know that Mick.
You know that Mick.
None of the remainers here will come out and admit it though. That includes one who went on the march.
Old 22-10-2018, 21:20   #2114
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
No, but seemingly respect for other viewpoints just has.
Old 22-10-2018, 21:41   #2115
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Smile Re: Brexit

Quote:

Time for dinner
In years to come you can say i was there just before we left the EU, that's me in the photo waving a bit of cardboard around ,we were all fighting for a common cause [The we hate Trump,universal credit,the Tories,Nigel Farage,borris,david davis and brexit] campaign, dumbocracy in action, it was a nice day out and the bus was free.