Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Does anybody use Sky via XBox?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Does anybody use Sky via XBox?

Old 30-07-2012, 11:02   #1
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Does anybody use Sky via XBox?

At the moment I have no need for multi room but soon my son will be taking more and more control of the tv.

I only watch shows on Sky channels anyway so I don't actually need multi room as Sky On Demand on Sky Go has covered me so far. I don't mind watching on my phone at the moment but would ideally like something slightly bigger for sport. I thought a Nexus 7 would do the trick but there is no Sky Go on Jelly bean.

I have an IPad but its very popular in my household so I nay not get it when I need it. I can't justify buying a second.

So my thoughts are why bother buying a second STB and pay £10 a month when I can just get an XBox and pay £30 membership for the whole year pkus use it for gaming too.

Does anyone here use the XBox for streaming Sky? Is the UI any good? Does it have on demand similar to the Apple and Android apps?

Ideally I would like to get one in October.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-07-2012, 11:06   #2
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Does anybody use Sky via XBox?

I use Sky on Xbox and its very good you get full access to sky movies / sports ondemand and live if you have them as part of your package. You also get various other live tv channels and ondemand content. It's great.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 11:28   #3
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

The UI is excellent , you get on demand and live channels plus many other non Sky services if you want them like iplayer , demand 5 , 4OD , Netflix , Lovefilm , Muzu.tv , PPV movies (including HD) , Now TV soon (PPV&Sky movies options)
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 12:25   #4
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Thanks. Just the answers I was hoping for
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 12:47   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Don't forget that using Sky via your xbox will effect your download limit
Old 30-07-2012, 12:53   #6
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Don't forget that using Sky via your xbox will effect your download limit
Sky broadband does not have a downlimit, it's completely unmanaged