Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2005 tvdrive being billed at current prices!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

2005 tvdrive being billed at current prices!

Old 11-01-2017, 19:00   #1
tvdriver
Inactive

tvdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 tvdrive being billed at current prices!

Hi. Haven't been in the UK for a few years but my new partner's VM bill shows her being billed (as TiVo with V+ HD) same as my parents' state of the art system but for a 2005 TVDrive complete with Telewest Broadband remote control!!!

This has remained installed despite additional more recent installations by VM (eg more recent 'second' vbox V+) but I am genuinely shocked at this state of affairs from VM.

While my partner feels it must be her fault for not knowing, I see billing which may have more of a feel of pure fraud!

Any opinions, experience or advice would be appreciated from the forum
tvdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2017, 19:14   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: 2005 tvdrive being billed at current prices!

Common practice for VM. They will happily leave you on old equipment and an inflated bill unless you complain/haggle each year. Ok for those in the know but there must be many with old equipment and massive bills.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 19:27   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Have she ever asked them to update it ?

I had an old (non Tivo) box for years in my daughters room.
We decided to get it replaced so simply rang up and asked, they sent a Tivo out the same day.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 20:21   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

TV Drive was the original Telewest name for the V+.
Old 11-01-2017, 21:33   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Anyone with the original Scientific Atlanta box (which it will have been if it's the TVDrive) should have been offered a free swap to TiVo last year.

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/boxswap
Old 12-01-2017, 08:21   #6
tvdriver
Inactive

Thanks for all the replies people.
She didn't ask VM to update TV Drive box but at one point she recalls a new TiVo remote being sent out but not a new box offered and the remote doesn't work with the TV Drive. When she ordered a second box for bedroom, they came and installed a new v box but paid no attention to the TV Drive if they even saw it.
My question at the moment is whether this original box is even capable of delivering the v+ HD service she's been paying for. Certainly going to look at this because I don't think it's enough to place responsibility for an upgrade on 'customer request' while meanwhile upgrading the bill without upgrading the installation!
Old 12-01-2017, 10:53   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdriver View Post
at one point she recalls a new TiVo remote being sent out
VM wouldn't send a remote out of the blue, so she must have had some contact with them to initiate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdriver View Post
My question at the moment is whether this original box is even capable of delivering the v+ HD service she's been paying for.
Yes it is. At some point, some of the HD channels might stop working on it though.

As BenMcr says, last year these boxes were being proactively replaced with TiVos. Maybe they couldn't get hold of her. Get her to call Customer Services to discuss.

Edit: I didn't realise the https://keepup.virginmedia.com/boxswap page was still live. She could try that first.

Last edited by spiderplant; 12-01-2017 at 12:00.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 14:10   #8
tvdriver
Inactive

Many thanks. It seems this is something like a common occurrence, perhaps so I'm better advised thanks to your help. Frankly amazed though that a Telewest item could still be 'in service'. I could barely recall NTL last night