Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lack of competition getting annoying now!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Lack of competition getting annoying now!

Old 01-07-2019, 14:20   #1
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS
Lack of competition getting annoying now!

I fortunately live in a Virgin Media area, and currently i subscribe to the 350mb/s Virgin Media Business service (as i work from home... purely for the 24hr SLA)

But the lack of competition in the area from Open Reach, Gigafast, hyperoptic is getting annoying now.

Open Reach annouced a few years back G.Fast in Guildford.... to date i've yet to see it leave the town center.

To date the max speed i can get via any open reach provider is 40mb/s, obviously i'm reluctant to pay similar prices to virgin for an inferior service... however some competition in the area would be nice...

Any one got a similar problem?

(I'm in Guildford Surrey)
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2019, 14:43   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Lack of competition getting annoying now!

Er ... yes. My small rural exchange is enabled for ‘up to’ 24Mb ADSL, retailed by BT, BT and, f you’re lucky, BT.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:44   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Lack of competition getting annoying now!

Same here living in a village 9 miles from a city, i can either get up to 500Mbps with VM or 50Mbps with another provider.....

I'm not really complaining as i could be stuck with 50Mbps or less like alot of people, but it would be nice to get fast speeds with other providers to without having to live in a city.