Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Updated: Boris resigns as party leader
Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2022, 16:08   #1666
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: All those No.10 lockdown parties

Hasn't enough time been wasted over this trivia.
Old 19-04-2022, 16:12   #1667
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
It's not wasted time to ensure our leaders follow the laws they created and required us to follow.
Old 19-04-2022, 16:15   #1668
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
As many have said, Johnson is extremely likely to win this vote but it won't look good for the Conservatives on May 5th.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-61143220
If Conservative MP's don't vote against Boris I rather suspect the inevitable trouncing in the local elections will not bother them that much.

A little bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth will no doubt ensue.

Local election results are, after all, hardly a pointer towards a likely GE outcome in two years time.
Old 19-04-2022, 16:17   #1669
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's trivia only to those who find democracy trivial.
Old 19-04-2022, 16:40   #1670
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's trivia only to those who find democracy trivial.
However speeding fixed penalty notices , for offences far more deadly than eating cake with people you have spent days with are treated as joke
Old 19-04-2022, 16:43   #1671
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I agree there are more important things happening in the world there doesn't need this as a distraction.

Boris, as much as I dislike him has done a sterling job in supporting Ukraine and needs to be able to continue this.
Old 19-04-2022, 16:45   #1672
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I agree there are more important things happening in the world there doesn't need this as a distraction.
It's only a 'distraction' by the actions of those that didn't follow the law.

If they had followed the rules they required us to follow, we wouldn't be talking about it now.
Old 19-04-2022, 16:50   #1673
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
However speeding fixed penalty notices , for offences far more deadly than eating cake with people you have spent days with are treated as joke
Misleading the house about laws you introduced and told the country to follow is far more important than doing 31 in a 30 limit. As I've explained before, the laws were about banning social gatherings and not about cake.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

Boris, as much as I dislike him has done a sterling job in supporting Ukraine and needs to be able to continue this.
Agree that Johnson has been doing well on Ukraine but there's a very strong UK consensus on this issue. So no reason that this won't carry on without him.
Old 19-04-2022, 16:53   #1674
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
To be fair, the Brexit thread is almost dead and buried.
Shortages of food, medicine, toilet roll and flower pickers never gets mentioned anymore.
Articles about refugee boats from across the channel have been replaced by £300 a month lodgers.

so I guess this thread is probably the only one left for moaning about the government

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's only a 'distraction' by the actions of those that didn't follow the law.
That'll be 98.62% of the population then, no matter which law they broke
Old 19-04-2022, 16:55   #1675
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

It's not the breaking of the rules that is the big issue here, it's the honesty to Parliament. Parliament (the legislative) exists as a check on the actions of the executive (Government) along with the courts. If the executive and its' officers are not honest to Parliament, then the link between the two is broken, breaking the (unwritten) constitution of the country.

Putting a hat on with 'Hyperbole' written on it, an executive pillar that does not and will not answer to the legislative and judicial pillars is a dictatorship
Old 19-04-2022, 16:59   #1676
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Politicians lie, to the public and themselves. Surely everyone of voting age understands this and that it will never change.
Old 19-04-2022, 17:05   #1677
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Politicians lie, to the public and themselves. Surely everyone of voting age understands this and that it will never change.
Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep having a go at them for it when they do though.
Old 19-04-2022, 17:10   #1678
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep having a go at them for it when they do though.
Funnily enough, I can't recall people on this forum doing that so vigorously over the years . . strange that
Old 19-04-2022, 17:16   #1679
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Funnily enough, I can't recall people on this forum doing that so vigorously over the years . . strange that
Just because someone can't recall something doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Old 19-04-2022, 17:18   #1680
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Others have had been called out for lying when needed

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33701595

Quote:
Cameron lied to get back in (tax credits and hard working people)
Maybe if the current government weren't doing it so regularly, then people wouldn't be so vigorous as they are.

Strange that.