Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Retentions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

You are currently Off Line----Your internet connection is Unstable---

Old 26-01-2021, 23:10   #1
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point
You are currently Off Line----Your internet connection is Unstable---

I keep getting these little pop up boxes in Zoom & Facebook since start of 2021. Never Ever had it before.
You are currently Off Line----Your internet connection is Unstable---Your internet was restored

Any ideas as to Why and what is causing it Please. Doing my Head in now. LOL
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2021, 23:15   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: You are currently Off Line----Your internet connection is Unstable---

Google .......

https://www.technipages.com/fix-zoom...on-is-unstable

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 23:42   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Also remember Zoom is streaming live video so its ability to buffer content is extremely limited. It can do a bit (you may notice sometimes other people on your call seem to start talking faster - this is Zoom trying to catch you up to the live conversation if you’ve been lagging) but nothing like, say Netflix on your TV.

We get this a lot because we rely on 4G for fast internet at home. It’s very fast, all things considered (typically 75mbps down, 15 up, occasionally 100 down and 30 up) but susceptible to occasional, momentary drop outs. The TV in the lounge has of course buffered so much that you never notice, but Zoom, which can’t buffer to any significant degree, can be a bit choppy.

As per the link Paul posted, however, there are other things on your home network that can start soaking up bandwidth and interfering with Zoom even if your internet connection is quite stable. With Zoom, the upload is especially vulnerable because you get a lot less upload bandwidth from your broadband. Have a read of it and see what comes up.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2021, 20:49   #4
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Cable is inherently a jittery technology as it's a broadcast network, so it has to handle upload by allocating a time window for your modem to 'speak' in, which is contrary to how things like VOIP, games and Videocalling wants a network to work.

Some things can be inside your network, but if your VM segment is congested then you can suffer quite bad jitter.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2021, 21:36   #5
copernob
cf.addict

Well Chris..It never happened until January 2021. I do a lot of Zoom presentations and Judging. It is happening on Facebook as well + one or two other places..

Paul I shall click that link in a minute......I was wondering if it is the Router is starting to fade away. Have had it since beginning of time. lol. I have restarted the router a few times now. Hopefully I will get to bottom of it. Thank You.

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

I get this in the Upstream in T3 Timeouts-------Upstream bonded channels
Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
1 ATDMA 0 0 1 0
2 ATDMA 0 0 1 0
3 ATDMA 0 0 0 0
4 ATDMA 0 0 3 0

Also this
Network Log
Time Priority Description
29/01/2021 21:21:45 notice LAN login Success;CM-MAC=40:0d:10:00:98:0b;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:7a:82:55;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
29/01/2021 05:22:25 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=40:0d:10:00:98:0b;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:7a:82:55;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
27/01/2021 01:00:6 Error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=40:0d:10:00:98:0b;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:7a:82:55;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/01/2021 15:26:23 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=40:0d:10:00:98:0b;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:7a:82:55;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Last edited by copernob; 29-01-2021 at 21:43.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:11   #6
copernob
cf.addict

Baffled like me then..I'll phone them up soon. Cheers