Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 07-12-2016, 11:30   #2026
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
I think a lot of people aren't getting the e-mails at the moment (possibly due to volume of orders)
Having said that I recently upgraded to 200mb broadband and it still took 3-4 days for the e-mail confirmation to come through.
Ordered the Tuesday evening, e-mail didn't arrive until late Sunday evening.

I got my v6 boxes ordered, but only after been told 3 different prices, twice being told my contract would go up.
After 2 hours with the online chat I finally got a price in line with other people £114 for 2 boxes and no contract increase.
Not being installed until Jan though
OK cool that is good to know. I cannot remember the exact figure they gave me so will update once I have the email so that I don't provide misinformation, but sounds about right.
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2016, 11:35   #2027
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWB View Post
Does anyone know the height and width of the V6 box. The sizes quoted in various places don't match the pictures.
I haven't measured one, but this says 230mm x 153mm x 55mm, which sounds about right. It's about the same size as a SuperHub 3, or a V-HD, if you have one of those.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:39   #2028
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWB View Post
Does anyone know the height and width of the V6 box. The sizes quoted in various places don't match the pictures.

if you have a TiVo box already you can extrapolate a rough measurement from this image.

RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:17   #2029
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

Just managed to get through to an onshore call centre, I've been quoted just £49.95, she waived the activation fee also. We'll see what the email says. Increase in monthly fee by £3.78 to change from a V+ to a TiVo v6 but she managed to get it discounted by £3 for 6 months so just a 78p increase. I still think that's incorrect but I'm going to get rid of a Samsung V box at some point in the new year so I'm mess about with the package then.

Installation date: Sunday 11th December.
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:46   #2030
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
passingbat how did you do it? This is EXACTLY what i want but i keep being told my package will go up and being told its hundreds of quid for installation.

Ive already emailed the CEO complaining since ive 8 different people now and 8 different quotes!

Many years ago, I was speaking to retentions about an issue and because I was a long term customer, they told me to always go through Retentions for anything.

I decided to renew my line rental saver and, at the same time, ask about the V6. I had to change to the new M+ equivalent package, but also dropped the 'Talk 08 2' freebie that VM gave me several years ago, which, apparently, I hardly used. That, plus my loyalty discount, made it slightly cheaper.

Also, because I've been with cable for nearly 20 years, and got the current Tivo as soon as it was launched, I got the V6 for £49.99.

It's good to know that VM appreciates long term loyalty. BTW, I always ask (politely) and never demand.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:49   #2031
david_w2k
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
OK cool that is good to know. I cannot remember the exact figure they gave me so will update once I have the email so that I don't provide misinformation, but sounds about right.
Just in case anyone cares, I did just get the email through. My new monthly charge is £80.50 for Full House TV, 200meg, Talk weekends, line rental etc. EDIT: Which I think is the same as I was already paying now I am out of my promotional period.

Install/activation for 2x V6 boxes is £114.89

Sound about right?

Looking forward to hopefully having a box which actually responds within 5 seconds of pressing a button
Old 07-12-2016, 13:05   #2032
Salu
Inactive

Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu

Does anyone know what would craic is with having a faulty Tivo replaced with a V6 as the Tivo has a dodgy tuner that sometimes pixelates, pauses, misses sound etc. I know that one of the tuners is dodgy as an engineer told me at the last visit.

Would you have to go down the route of calling out an engineer and having the Tivo swapped for another Tivo or could you have it upgraded to the V6 at that point? I don't really want to go through multiple box swaps.

I realise of course I could just request an upgrade, pay the fees etc....but it does feel like I shouldn't have to pay for the engineer visit. Happy to pay for the upgrade btw.
Salu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 13:09   #2033
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

All fault replacements are like for like.

V6 is a paid upgrade, so has to be specifically ordered.
Old 07-12-2016, 14:12   #2034
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Still not sure why I've been charged £64.94 for two V6s. Was very clear that I wanted two. Rang back a few hours later and she confirmed two boxes were ordered. I wonder if the people who registered interest but couldn't get round to ringing still got offered one box for free. I don't know whether these charges show one box or two as the £0.00 is a Virgin V6 activation fee yet the £99.95 is a V6 box activation fee, so worded differently. Is the Virgin V6 activation fee of £0.00 the free box?

Other fees, charges & credits

One-off charges & credits

Virgin V6 Activation Fee £0.00
Activation Fee £14.99
Manned Installation Credit £40.00CR
Manned Installation Charge £40.00
V6 Box Activation Credit £50.00CR
V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
One-off charges & credits total £64.94
Other fees, charges & credits total* £64.94
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 14:17   #2035
david_w2k
cf.addict

Just been talking to a friend who is a new VM customer... They have been told they cannot have one without losing their new customer discount (£35/month!). Is that definitely the case?
Old 07-12-2016, 14:22   #2036
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Still not sure why I've been charged £64.94 for two V6s. Was very clear that I wanted two. Rang back a few hours later and she confirmed two boxes were ordered. I wonder if the people who registered interest but couldn't get round to ringing still got offered one box for free. I don't know whether these charges show one box or two as the £0.00 is a Virgin V6 activation fee yet the £99.95 is a V6 box activation fee, so worded differently. Is the Virgin V6 activation fee of £0.00 the free box?

Activation Fee £14.99
You are very lucky if you managed to get two for £64.94.

I registered interest ages ago and after initially being told it would be £154 just for one box I finally managed to get them for £114.
I'm really not sure of the logic with different prices, it simply causes confusion and upset when other people can't get the same deals (we live in an age where people find out what other people got).
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 14:30   #2037
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post

Activation Fee £14.99
I have exactly the same. They have confirmed to me twice that I will be having two boxes and my bill has gone up £10 because 2 x V6s are replacing 2 x VHDs

I am on the VIP package, not sure whether this influences anything...a box for free? lol
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 14:49   #2038
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

Out of interest, anyone who got a v6 box for free, did you have a random additional box showing in the 'Manage Tivo' section on the TV Anywhere website (not in the app).
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 14:59   #2039
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I have exactly the same. They have confirmed to me twice that I will be having two boxes and my bill has gone up £10 because 2 x V6s are replacing 2 x VHDs

I am on the VIP package, not sure whether this influences anything...a box for free? lol
Can I be rude and ask what you pay for VIP?

I was paying £144 which was one TiVo and one V+. The new VIP includes two TiVo's for £120 which I upgraded to but looks like they applied a discount without asking (£101, rang retentions) but with the new VIP having two TiVo's there isn't a charge or more so the charges are included in the VIP price. So is it right your price went up £10?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 14:59   #2040
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
did you have a random additional box showing in the 'Manage Tivo' section on the TV Anywhere website (not in the app).
That's your mobile device. It just gets a random name assigned.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salu View Post
I know that one of the tuners is dodgy as an engineer told me at the last visit.
If it really has a dodgy tuner, he should have swapped the box. But I suspect really you have a signal fault that he couldn't resolve. I suggest you report it again.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote