Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

Old 09-05-2020, 22:54   #1756
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Yeah I'm sick of all this political correctness too. I love the remake of Magnum PI but in my eyes the woman playing Higgins is an imposter!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2020, 23:11   #1757
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Not quite the same, she is not the title character.
I never saw the original Magnum, so I cannot compare.
I do love the current programme though.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 23:26   #1758
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well yes I also love the current Magnum and I'm old enough to remember the original well but the point I was trying to make is how this political correctness is crazy with switching a male character from male to female. I also remember the dteadful remakes of Kojak and Ironside where the main charactor was switched from a white guy to a black guy.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:30   #1759
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Being of a older vintage l remember it well and l thought it was very good as Magnum and Higgins worked well off each other.

Praise due where it is due as the new Magnum is just as good as the original series.

---------- Post added at 05:30 ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Well yes I also love the current Magnum and I'm old enough to remember the original well but the point I was trying to make is how this political correctness is crazy with switching a male character from male to female. I also remember the dteadful remakes of Kojak and Ironside where the main charactor was switched from a white guy to a black guy.
Telly Savalas and Raymond Burr were always going to be a hard act to follow though but l certainly agree with the points you have made.
Old 10-05-2020, 22:48   #1760
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Being of a older vintage l remember it well and l thought it was very good as Magnum and Higgins worked well off each other.
To be clear, I was perfectly old enough to watch the original (late teens) - it just didnt interest me at the time.

Old 10-05-2020, 22:54   #1761
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
To be clear, I was perfectly old enough to watch the original (late teens) - it just didnt interest me at the time.
Agreed, I found it uninteresting. At the risk of being pilloried I never rated Tom Selleck as other than a middle of the road actor.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 13:12   #1762
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Denzel Washington did the films. I am too young to have watched the "old" series I agree with Paul though, instead of trying to do a proper job they are going with PC and casting a black actress (either that or lgbt) and when the series gets cancelled it will be our fault as the audience.
Denzel Washington has done a good job with the films. Neither film are classics of the genre, but both are entertaining.

Regarding Magnum, I quite enjoyed the original. I like the new one. Tom Selleck was charming and entertaining as the original Magnum, and Jay Hernandez is similarly charming and entertaining as the new Magnum. I don't feel that the new Higgins is just an attempt to be PC. I think they've created a new character and given her the name, and job, of the original Higgins.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 09:50   #1763
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

The Purge and Treadstone have been cancelled
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 22:28   #1764
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
The Purge and Treadstone have been cancelled
Aww, I liked Treadstone.

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

The final episodes of Supernatural are expected to air in the autumn.
Only two remain to be filmed, the others just need post production work.

The CW is planning crossover between Batwoman and its new Superman & Lois, in 2021.
Might be good, if the new series is any good, and anyone is still watching Batwoman by then.

Doom Patrol returns for Season 2 on June 25th.

Old 10-06-2020, 13:56   #1765
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Cops has been cancelled after 32 seasons due to George Floyd protests. I don't watch it like but WTF?!?!?! This is getting pathetic.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...-tv-show-axed/
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 14:05   #1766
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I loved Cops and watched it religiously. I hope it gets picked up by another network.
Old 10-06-2020, 14:31   #1767
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Cops has been cancelled after 32 seasons due to George Floyd protests. I don't watch it like but WTF?!?!?! This is getting pathetic.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...-tv-show-axed/
Nothing in that article states the cancellation was due to the protests - they very carefully worded it
Quote:
Cops TV show cancelled after 32 seasons following George Floyd protests
"Following" does not mean "due to"...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 15:02   #1768
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

They could of mentioned anything to do with costs or viewers but instead it mentioned protests. So they tried to say it without actually saying it.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 15:25   #1769
General Maximus
Ran Away

It's pathetic. I know there is a correlation between race and arrests/prison population but it has deeper routers such as social inequality rather than direct racism. I will admit that the majority of people you see on Cops are black but that isn't because the police are going out of their way to arrest black people. They will pull over a car because it ran through a red light, flagged for no insurance, or a headlight isn't working or something and then when they pull it over they will either smell cannabis in the car, see a gun or the driver will have an outstanding warrant or something. You see some people pull the race card and say "you are doing this just because I am black" and I think "well if you fixed that headlight/paid your insurance/bothered to have a driving license/didn't run the red light...........(i.e. obeyed the law) then you wouldn't have been pulled over and you could have gone on your merry way and the police would have been none the wiser. It is just the same over here on Police Interceptors although I would say it is more white chavs but does that mean police are racist against whites? No.
Old 10-06-2020, 18:22   #1770
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Nothing in that article states the cancellation was due to the protests - they very carefully worded it

"Following" does not mean "due to"...
Of course it does, there is absolutely no other reason to word it like that.

(No, I dont watch it, and never have, not interested in "reality" shows).