Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is this Normal?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Is this Normal?

Old 19-05-2020, 12:19   #1
desi112
cf.member

Services: 200MB VM Cable
desi112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this Normal?

Hi Folks,

I've been a long time Sky+ subscriber so I've found it a little difficult adjusting to the Virgin V6 Box. I've been using the box for around 3 months and found the following issues...just wanted to know if this was "normal"?

1) On the TV Guide I can always see random shows recording that have no series link..for example yesterday I could see "Dad's Army" recording when no one in my household watches this, and there is no series link for this show.

2) When forwarding the breaks and then pressing play the box seems to always go back to the previous scene instead of the scene where I have pressed play?
desi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2020, 12:29   #2
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age
Re: Is this Normal?

Hi desi112,
I certainly experience the first issue although I haven't noticed the second but that may just be me.
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 12:34   #3
fenman35
cf.member

fenman35 is on a distinguished roadfenman35 is on a distinguished road

Yes,

1 Turn off suggestions

2 A great feature in case you are a bit slow pressing play
fenman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 12:36   #4
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

The random shows are recommended recordings based on your thumbs up and down and what you already have recorded.

It can be switched off in settings, Recordings, Suggestions, then set to off

When fast forwarding ads I always use the next botton >>| and it moves it on 30 secs, normal ad break is 3 and a half mins so 6/7 times should do it.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 14:10   #5
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
The random shows are recommended recordings based on your thumbs up and down and what you already have recorded.

It can be switched off in settings, Recordings, Suggestions, then set to off

When fast forwarding ads I always use the next botton >>| and it moves it on 30 secs, normal ad break is 3 and a half mins so 6/7 times should do it.
When I fast forward ads, I press FF then >| if I'm less than 5 minutes away from a 15 min marker. You'll be surprised how many shows ad breaks fall into this time scale. Hey Presto, most of the ad gone in one press

To the OP,
If you want to play ad roulette, you'll need to FF, then press pause followed by play to get an instant stop.
I quite like the roll back feature though and you do get used to it

Last edited by Joedm45; 19-05-2020 at 14:13.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 15:36   #6
desi112
cf.member

Services: 200MB VM Cable
desi112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, I'll try out the suggestions
desi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 20:33   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi112 View Post
Thanks for the replies, I'll try out the suggestions
You don't have to worry about 'Suggestions'. You may find them useful if you find yourself with not much to watch. They do not take up any recording space and your recordings will all have priority.

As for the 'jump back' when you press 'Play' after fast forwarding, this simply ensures that the video comes to rest at the point you intend it to.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote