Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I set to record a prog in SD but it records SD and HD

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

I set to record a prog in SD but it records SD and HD

Old 06-03-2021, 16:04   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
I set to record a prog in SD but it records SD and HD

I set to record a prog in SD but it records SD and HD, do you know what the problem is and how I can overcome the problem?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2021, 16:39   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: I set to record a prog in SD but it records SD and HD

How did you record it? If a Series Link, what options does it have set?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 17:04   #3
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

After suffered stuttering HD recordings, I switched to SD until I had cleared the V6 of series, just in case they declared it faulty and had to be swapped.

I went in deep to make sure the new recordings would be SD only ("record in HD if possible " greyed-out, and another global setting).

But it still insists on recording in HD!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 17:34   #4
Chris James
cf.member

Chris James is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I set to record a prog in SD but it records SD and HD, do you know what the problem is and how I can overcome the problem?
I am assuming the programme is broadcast in both formats, some channels are now HD only. If this is not the case, try selecting the SD channel (eg BBC1 is 101SD and 108HD), highlight the porgramme in the Guide then select RECORD then SERIES LINK.
Chris James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:36   #5
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris James View Post
I am assuming the programme is broadcast in both formats, some channels are now HD only. If this is not the case, try selecting the SD channel (eg BBC1 is 101SD and 108HD), highlight the porgramme in the Guide then select RECORD then SERIES LINK.
I will give that a try
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:41   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris James View Post
On mine bbc1 on 101 is hd not sd
Old 07-03-2021, 14:49   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

In England it's still in SD due to the news regions.
Old 07-03-2021, 21:16   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I went in deep to make sure the new recordings would be SD only ("record in HD if possible " greyed-out, and another global setting).
You are aware that the global settings only affect series links that were created after you changed the setting? Existing series links will retain their current options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
But it still insists on recording in HD!
I set up a few series links from SD channels yesterday, and they have recorded in SD, as expected. However, the My Shows programme folder does also list some HD episodes that are available in VOD. Could this explain what you are seeing?

If not, can you post some screenshots of the Series Link options and My Shows programme folder?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:21   #9
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I went through all my series links and set them to SD. A long and tedious task. I also ensured that the channels were SD ones.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote