Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 360 set top box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

360 set top box

Old 06-03-2021, 10:29   #31
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: 360 set top box

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonespeaker View Post
You picked that up wrong All Virgin boxes require a coax cable to work properly.
Which means the only real benefit, that I can see anyway, is the cost saving for VM in supplying a non HDD box.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2021, 11:57   #32
Glitch33
cf.member

Glitch33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
I have 2 V6 boxes, I asked about a 3rd box with the 360 stuff and he said a new coaux cable would need to be installed.

Are they not ment to wirelessly connect to the main box?? Or have I picked that up wrong����
Coax and on the same network.
Not really a multiroom system IMO if you need the coax
Glitch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:23   #33
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Well I've just been on chat just now and it was half an hour of frustration. I told him/her I am a Ultimate Omph customer and that I would like to take the free upgrade to Virgin 360.
He/She then offered me Sky Sports in HD for £38.75 a month so I told them I already have it as part of my Omph package.
He/She then offered me Virgin 360 for an extra £7 a month but I refused because I've been reading everywhere that it is a FREE UPGRADE. Then I was offered it for £3.50 extra a month but I still declined it and as I was saying goodbye I was offered it for free which s as it should be.
So they are sending me the remotes in a couple of days for a one off fee of £24.95 and then it will be the over the air upgrade.

When I was asked if there was anything else I took the opportunity to complain about the charge to Omph customers for Sky Cinema UHD. Predictably, I was then offered it for the £6 a month which I declined. I told him/her that I will ride it out until Sky Sports UHD launches (whenever that will be) so I can make a decision depending on it being bundled with Sky Cinema UHD or a seperate subscription.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:04   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Well I've just been on chat just now and it was half an hour of frustration. I told him/her I am a Ultimate Omph customer and that I would like to take the free upgrade to Virgin 360.
He/She then offered me Sky Sports in HD for £38.75 a month so I told them I already have it as part of my Omph package.
He/She then offered me Virgin 360 for an extra £7 a month but I refused because I've been reading everywhere that it is a FREE UPGRADE. Then I was offered it for £3.50 extra a month but I still declined it and as I was saying goodbye I was offered it for free which s as it should be.
So they are sending me the remotes in a couple of days for a one off fee of £24.95 and then it will be the over the air upgrade.

When I was asked if there was anything else I took the opportunity to complain about the charge to Omph customers for Sky Cinema UHD. Predictably, I was then offered it for the £6 a month which I declined. I told him/her that I will ride it out until Sky Sports UHD launches (whenever that will be) so I can make a decision depending on it being bundled with Sky Cinema UHD or a seperate subscription.
l am surprised you are paying for a remote as surely that should come as standard with a new box.

Who did you speak with as my experiences with some of the foreign call centre staff is they often get things wrong when they send me a agreed new contract and l have to phone up again to make sure the contract is right and l am not being overcharged,
Old 08-03-2021, 16:13   #35
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I didn't speak to anybody Den as I was on chat to someone with a British name. I went on early to avoid any foreign call centre as I always have a bad experience with them.

As far as I have seen from my research on various forums you don't pay for the remotes as the £24.95 is the activation fee and it's a free upgrade. That's why I stood my ground.