Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 18-03-2019, 19:21   #466
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Thanks for confirmation. I saw conflicting information and vaguely remembered seeing a headline a while ago, so I decided to go for the one that had definitely owned them at some point.
We now know what channels Virgin Media have still to move over to MPEG4. It way over 50+ channels.
Channels still to move over to MPEG4 on Virgin Media UK - Last update 18/03/2019 at 17:00:

ABN TV,
Vice,
A+E Channels,
BBC,
Clubland TV,
NBC,
Sky Sports,
Al Jazeera,
Viacom,
Jewellery Maker,
Sky Events (Sky Box Office),
Live Events Channel (Channel 0 on V+ Boxes),
Discovery,
God Channel,
Islam Channel Urdu,
NBCUniversal Channels,
CNBC,
B4U,
Gems TV,
PBS,
Sky Cinema,
UKTV +1 Channels,
NDTV (Not News channels),
Colors (All three channels),
QVC Beauty,
Star Bharat,
ALL Adult Nightly Channels,
Pop Power,
Love Nature,
Sky Witness +1,
Turner (Movies and Cartoon channels),
FOX and FOX +1,
Channel 4 Music Channels,
&TV,
ITV Be,
ITV2,
ITV4,
Channel 4 Audio Desc,
More 4 +1,
Film4,
Film4 +1,
CNN,
Sky Witness,
Liverpool TV,
4Seven,
Baby TV,
ITV2 +1,
ITVBe +1,
All MTV Channels,
BET,
Disney Channels,
Horse & Country,
Box Nation,
SONY SAB,
Sony Crime Channel,
QVC Style,
National Geographic channels,
MUTV,
Virgin Media Information channels and all the Red button channels.

PM us and we will give you the list in full.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 18-03-2019 at 19:25.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2019, 19:51   #467
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Don’t know if it is still the case, but the BBC used to block some sports programmes with rights issues from being viewed outside Scotland. The existence of 2 BBC Scotland versions, one intended for Scotland & the other for elsewhere would therefore make sense.

S4C also shows a lot of Welsh commentary sports that another channel may have rights to.
That sounds very plausible. Good idea.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Media Boy, what has listing channels still to move to MPEG4 on VM got to do with me thanking another user for telling me who now owns Chart Show TV? I don't understand why you quoted me on that.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 19:56   #468
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Media Boy, what has listing channels still to move to MPEG4 on VM got to do with me thanking another user for telling me who now owns Chart Show TV? I don't understand why you quoted me on that.
I do not know why I did that - sorry about that.

Just 100% confirm that Virgin are set to move the following channels to MPEG4 soon:

-CBS Reality
-horror channel
-horror channel +1
-CBS Reality +1
-Islam Channel English
-S4C AD

As first found by you on Saturday.
Old 18-03-2019, 20:03   #469
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Project 1 and Project 2 has been testing on that stream since last summer (Broadcasting Pick and Challenge). They was said at the time to be testing for the launch of Eleven Sports 1 and Eleven Sports 2.

But Eleven Sports 1 and Eleven Sports 2 was remove from testing an week later.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks.
Quote:
---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------
Quote:

-CBS Reality
-horror channel
-horror channel +1
-CBS Reality +1
-Islam Channel English
-S4C Audio Desc.

Look Virgin Media are set to move to the new stream and broadcasting in MPEG4.

http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ng=en&mux=C066
I've only been looking at the DigitalBitRate website for the last 2-3 weeks, so I'm fairly new to making sense of the tables. I had read it prior to responding there and I saw there were only the original MPEG2 versions which was why I was curious why it was suggested they were new versions, my searches of the multiplex tables using the browser's Find In Page tool found only the original versions.

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Quote:
I do not know why I did that - sorry about that.

Just 100% confirm that Virgin are set to move the following channels to MPEG4 soon:

-CBS Reality
-horror channel
-horror channel +1
-CBS Reality +1
-Islam Channel English
-S4C AD

As first found by you on Saturday.
Ah. I didn't realise you were saying the 6 I found were those you listed.

Clearly I need more coffee.

Thanks.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 10:48   #470
garethf1927
cf.member

Services: Virgin TV 360 4K UHD Bluray 4K UHD HDR TV
garethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Oddly there is a similar HD duplication for the new BBC Scotland Channel.
Its on 108 in Scotland and 162 everywhere else so maybe that's why?
garethf1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 10:51   #471
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

UPDATE:

CBS Reality, Horror Channel and Horror Channel +1 want over to MPEG4 last night.

Q: HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN CHANNELS HAS MOVED TO MPEG4?

A: If you have TiVo (and maybe V6 Boxes) you will need to give the channels that moved an new "THUMBS UP" on your Favourite Channels list.
Old 19-03-2019, 12:51   #472
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethf1927 View Post
I don't think that this will be the case as the two EPG positions probably point to the same stream.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Quote:
UPDATE:

CBS Reality, Horror Channel and Horror Channel +1 want over to MPEG4 last night.

A: If you have TiVo (and maybe V6 Boxes) you will need to give the channels that moved an new "THUMBS UP" on your Favourite Channels list.
You can thumbs up/down an actual channel? Never knew this, doing this might stop suggestions from channels I have no interest in like shopping, asian etc.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 19-03-2019 at 13:01.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 12:58   #473
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You can thumbs up/down an actual channel? Never knew this, doing this might stop suggestions from channels I have no interest in like shopping, asian etc.
Doing it on the channel name is a shortcut to putting it into the Favourites category in the guide. It doesn't affect the Suggestions.
Old 19-03-2019, 12:58   #474
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You can thumbs up/down an actual channel?
Something like that.

Let you watch BBC One, Sky Sports F1, BBC News and CNBC all the time and not an fan for Shopping Channels.

If you thumbs up that channel you will just see the ones you watch on the "My Favourites" list via TV Guide.
Old 19-03-2019, 13:01   #475
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Ahhhh ok, thanks.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 13:04   #476
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Something like that.

Let you watch BBC One, Sky Sports F1, BBC News and CNBC all the time and not an fan for Shopping Channels.

If you thumbs up that channel you will just see the ones you watch on the "My Favourites" list via TV Guide.
Do you mean click it on the EPG? Not quite sure what you mean.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 13:18   #477
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Your "My Favourites" list may look like this:

101. BBC ONE HD
103. ITV
111. Sky One
124. GOLD HD
199. FOX HD
519. Sky Sports News
740. QVC
904. BBC Radio 4

As you can see if you are not an fan of let say BBC Four HD it will not appear in "My Favourites" on your box.

Q: HOW DO YOU MAKE AN FAVOURITE CHANNELS LIST?

A:

1) Press HOME
2) Go to "Help & Settings"
3) Go over to "Settings"
4) Go to " Favourite Channels"
5) Pick channels you want to be on "My Favourites" by pressing THUMBS UP then go to Finished and press OK when you have pick your channels.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Or Press OK from the channel you can watch and go to the channel name and press Thumbs up.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 19-03-2019 at 13:21.
Old 19-03-2019, 14:43   #478
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You do need to press 'left' until the channel name / logo itself is highlighted rather than a show on the channel.
Old 20-03-2019, 14:56   #479
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethf1927 View Post
The two have the same programme ID (& bandwidth use) but different steam IDs, so this would be another possibility
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBC Scotland DBR.jpg (214.2 KB, 23 views)
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 16:26   #480
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

UPDATE:

CBS Reality +1, Islam Channel English and S4C Audio Desc has now gone over to MPEG4. It happen on Tuesday Night.