Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you fixed lately?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you fixed lately?

Old 19-04-2017, 15:26   #586
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

A leak from behind our washing machine. Turned out to be the connection between the water pipe and the filler hose. All sorted.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2017, 18:11   #587
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Replaced the motor in our aging Dyson vacuum. What a pain in the backside. Will probably replace the whole lot next time. Though the saving is £25 vs £300+
Old 30-04-2017, 19:50   #588
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Replaced the motor in our aging Dyson vacuum. What a pain in the backside. Will probably replace the whole lot next time. Though the saving is £25 vs £300+
Excellent job.
Old 04-05-2017, 19:53   #589
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

New greenhouse leaking like a sieve, applied silicone to all the most obvious points, (keeping fingers crossed).
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 18:49   #590
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Neighbour kindly gave us wooden staging for our greenhouse (top only). Then I remembered one of our cupboards had wooden slats (not needed as very top shelf) so 4 legs sawed to the desired height.
Old 10-05-2017, 17:40   #591
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I fixed my dads pc it just needed a new bios battery and the bios settings updated. Nice.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 18:10   #592
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I fixed my dads pc it just needed a new bios battery and the bios settings updated. Nice.

But when are you going to post the details of how you did it for all us technophobes?
Old 21-05-2017, 00:25   #593
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

Fixing replacing and updating my Ariel distribution cabling and booster
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 22:44   #594
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

New suspension drop links and bushings front and rear on the ol' jam jar
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 21:51   #595
Osem
Inactive

Our remote controlled garage door. Went out this morning and it opened/closed fine but on our return it wouldn't open. A quick look at the control panel showed it was totally dead so I checked the plug fuse and when that proved to be OK decided to open up the control panel. I could immediately see the courtesy light bulb had blown and after a little searching located the little circuit fuse board fuse which had blown along with it. Luckily I had a spare so replaced that, put in a new LED bulb, closed it all back up and bingo it's now working just fine.
Old 31-05-2017, 21:56   #596
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Just replaced the security light on the side of our house. Cable all neatly tacked along the wall, about 12 feet up. Me no like high ladders
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:26   #597
moriah
Inactive

moriah is an unknown quantity at this point

I replaced wheel caster in my office chair.
moriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 16:31   #598
Osem
Inactive

My Braun shaver. It'd started making funny noises and I couldn't work out why. I took off the head and couldn't see anything inside but then noticed a tiny thin piece of black plastic on the floor. I nearly threw it away but closer inspection of the shaver head revealed it to be one of 2 tiny clips which sit under each end of the foil. Clipped it back in place and voila...
Old 21-06-2017, 08:53   #599
Tinky
To err is human

Serendipity Osem or just pure genius?

I've just fixed our patio door lock which had seized up, it was a case of desperation, in this weather need a through draught.
Old 21-06-2017, 10:14   #600
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Serendipity Osem or just pure genius?

I've just fixed our patio door lock which had seized up, it was a case of desperation, in this weather need a through draught.
Desperation is the mother of invention in this heat.