Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 27-08-2013, 21:54   #2101
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Won't sky just launch sky atlantic on virgin and then launch sky bravo as an exclusive channel. Sky atlantic is an old channel now. Sky adverts bragging about sky atlantic and all the shows on there probably don't have as much impact as they used to. Again my point before if people didnt want to leave their current provider for sky due to sky atlantic when it launched they won't do it 2 years later.

But the sky thinking will be....LAUNCHING SKY BRAVO AND ALL THESE EXCLUSIVE SHOWS ONLY ON SKY...

they can then do a new advert trying to tempt people over.

i'd guess we'll get sky atlantic within a year and i'd guess sky bravo will launch exclusively on sky within a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Don't forget thou matey sky bravo as been delayed due to the fact they can't agree on a carriage agreement with vm.this suggests to me that new carriage agreements are being made between vm and sky and this is why we will see some of the missing if not all channels
I still think when Sky and Virgin do sign an new carriage agreement (it not if but when) I really do think Sky will axe Sky2 again so that Sky Bravo can use both Sky2 channel numbers on Sky and Virgin from launch.

Sky Bravo HD may also launch - But can only see it being an Sky Exclusive.

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And hopefully that deliverance will be with us within the next month.
Yes.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2013, 21:58   #2102
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Personally l think the market is changing and thus Sky and Virgin are entering into a period of entente cordiale which will suit both parties as BT are seen very much by Sky as the enemy now and thus doing deals with Virgin is very much to their benefit from a financial point of view but also they benefit from a strong Virgin curtailing some of the threat of BT by having their content on Virgin but with-holding from BT as much as l can thus in the process weakening BT's hand.
I agree den as I kinda thought this is how it would play out a couple of months ago (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1270.html) although I was wrong about BT Sports being a premium channel!

Quote:
i'd agree den they must surely now know that people who are on virgin now arent going to switch now. we lost sky basics we stayed. we dont have sky atlantic we stayed. we had hardly any HD channels we stayed. etc

sky's biggest attraction i think is sport coverage if they lost the main rights to that then they'd lose customers. BT are the threat. They must ensure BT doesnt succeed between now and the next football deals.

the best way to do it would be make virgin seem more attractive so people who won't go to sky and have never contemplated it wont go to BT instead
Again, completely agree vince, I think Sky realise that VM should be an ally not the opposition (which is now BT) as VM will never challenge them for content and anything that Sky allow VM to have will make Sky money.

I also agree with posters on here that there is going to be massive changes in TV consumption in the years ahead with the growing popularity of On Demand and IPTV options.
Old 27-08-2013, 22:23   #2103
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Just had a thought, since Freeview does something similar;
Wouldn't it have been logical if HD channels was a 4 digit number keeping the original 3 digits intact. ('1'+'[channel number]');

e.g. BBC One HD would be 1101
MTV HD would be 1134
Film 4 HD would be 1429
and so on...

This would also mean:
- Freeing up space in the EPG for other channels
- Allowing easy transition of everything to HD when equipment allows

Maybe I've had a few too many pints today, but I'd like to know your opinions :-)
Old 27-08-2013, 22:34   #2104
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

What have i missed today then people? I am too tierd to read a few pages
Old 27-08-2013, 22:35   #2105
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
What have i missed today then people? I am too tierd to read a few pages
No confirmed channel launches - just this http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post2058.html
Old 27-08-2013, 22:36   #2106
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
No confirmed channel launches - just this http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post2058.html
Wow im on the list, first time on this list. Woohoo im so happy
Old 27-08-2013, 22:40   #2107
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Wow im on the list, first time on this list. Woohoo im so happy
But you will get remove if you do not post in Vol. 5 - launching in October.

Right now the list only have 81 posters on it - as they posted on every thread so far.
Old 27-08-2013, 22:43   #2108
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
But you will get remove if you do not post in Vol. 5 - launching in October.

Right now the list only have 81 posters on it - as they posted on every thread so far.
Dont worry MB ill be posting in Vol 5. I need to keep my banter flowing
Old 28-08-2013, 03:34   #2109
jj20x

Quote:
Sky Bravo HD may also launch - But can only see it being an Sky Exclusive.
They do like their HD exclusives but I would think, in this case, it would largely depend on what content they have lined up for the channel. If it is just general entertainment skewed to a male audience, it might not be attractive enough to use as a USP. From what has been said so far, it looks as if they need the VM audience to make launching the channel worthwhile. The same could apply to the HD version.

Old 28-08-2013, 12:24   #2110
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
So does that mean they will give us sports 3&4 in HD and 3d now we are best buddies?
Don't think so.
My reading of the situation is that we will get all the missing Sky channels in September as a result of the recent deals with Sky.

I know it sounds too good to be true, but just wait and see!! Not long now.
Old 28-08-2013, 13:00   #2111
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon Sky Atlantic will be here next week.

Showing repeats of Game of Thrones for us Virgin Customers.

REASON: Just ordered Series 1-2 blu-ray from Amazon
Old 28-08-2013, 13:13   #2112
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Watch the EPG between 12 and 5am tonight is all i'm saying

A couple know what i've heard is happening tonight but they're only tumours but as they're out of the blue they could be right.
Old 28-08-2013, 14:05   #2113
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Why - As far as I know nothing is set for tonight.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
They do like their HD exclusives but I would think, in this case, it would largely depend on what content they have lined up for the channel. If it is just general entertainment skewed to a male audience, it might not be attractive enough to use as a USP. From what has been said so far, it looks as if they need the VM audience to make launching the channel worthwhile. The same could apply to the HD version.
Also Sky has not say anything more about Sky Bravo.

It was only my own view.

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

Quote:

A couple know what i've heard is happening tonight but they're only tumours but as they're out of the blue they could be right.
Thanks for PM.
Old 28-08-2013, 14:09   #2114
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:

A BomberAF prediction eh!
Old 28-08-2013, 14:14   #2115
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
A BomberAF prediction eh!