Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 28-03-2022, 18:32   #7126
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
M11 is an awful road, I once got diverted trying to get to Takeley via Buntingford

TBH if you are coming from the west then this is not too bad as you go from the M25, A10 then A120, from the east, its not so easy.

I've been to Lakeside and the M11 was screwed, and it took me the A10, A414 route
Old 29-03-2022, 14:31   #7127
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Our bin men have been on strike since March 21st and don't go back until April 11th. As you can imagine some of the rubbish meisters round here are already drowning in the stuff. It won't be long before the foxes and seagulls have the stuff strewn about the streets.

The only thing we have piling up is re-cycleables as the wheelie bin is stuffed but I can always store them in the garage and feed them out over the next month or so. At least we don't make much trash and that wheelie bin is only 1/3 filled.
Old 31-03-2022, 20:37   #7128
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Our bin men have been on strike since March 21st and don't go back until April 11th. As you can imagine, some of the rubbish meisters round here are already drowning in the stuff. It won't be long before the foxes and seagulls have the stuff strewn about the streets.

The only thing we have piling up is recyclables as the wheelie bin is stuffed, but I can always store them in the garage and feed them out over the next month or so. At least we don't make much trash and that wheelie bin is only 1/3 filled.

We are good at rubbish in my house, the non-recyclable bin could take me about 6 weeks to fill, the same with the recyclable which is a 3rd bigger.

If I broke down boxes I could last longer, but as it's every 2 weeks I just bin it.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:22   #7129
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

I was so happy to get my 4th Covid jab yesterday, until around tea time when the side effects started to kick in, I was frozen, went to bed 9 pm after a cup pf milky drink, put on a woolly cardigan and extra blanket, lay shivering for half the night, other side effects:-
  • a sore arm from the injection
  • feeling tired
  • a headache
  • feeling achy as if I had flu
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:50   #7130
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Sainsbury's have ruined their cling film. It's so clingy you can't even get it off the roll cleanly. I've thrown it away and will have to try and find a brand that actually is usable.

I had been buying Lidl's own brand until a couple of years ago when they managed to ruin it with similar clingy-ness combined with tearing lengthwise and getting raveled up round the roll.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:31   #7131
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Sainsbury's have ruined their cling film. It's so clingy you can't even get it off the roll cleanly. I've thrown it away and will have to try and find a brand that actually is usable.

I had been buying Lidl's own brand until a couple of years ago when they managed to ruin it with similar clingy-ness combined with tearing lengthwise and getting raveled up round the roll.
Try Beeswax reusable wraps - nowhere near as cheap as cling film but also not use once and bin. Not sure the product is as eco-friendly as they say but if you take the claims at face value you can have that smug feeling of doing your bit. And I believe they're made in the UK.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:47   #7132
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Waitrose.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:55   #7133
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

I do not think I have ever successfully used cling film and never even try now
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:03   #7134
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I do not think I have ever successfully used cling film and never even try now
Back in the 90s, I was asked to give a presentation to a large group of Polish government IT bods (in Warsaw); the topic was Microsoft vs Apple. But never mind that.

I had brought a roll of clingfilm with me and demonstrated what had been wrought upon the country as a result of liberation from Communism.

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-04-2022 at 11:03. Reason: typo
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:20   #7135
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Back in the 90s, I was asked to give a presentation to a large group of Polish government IT bods (in Warsaw); the topic was Microsoft vs Apple. But never mind that.

I had brought a roll of clingfilm with me and demonstrated what had been wrought upon the country as a result of liberation from Communism.
hahahaha very good
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:55   #7136
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:

I had been buying Lidl's own brand until a couple of years ago when they managed to ruin it with similar clingy-ness combined with tearing lengthwise and getting ravelled up round the roll.

A few years ago we bought 3 150 metre rolls from North Weald market. 1st roll nearly finished, I gave one to my sister.
Old 08-04-2022, 12:30   #7137
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:

I hate the stuff but have to admit it can be useful at times. I keep mine in the freezer and it's much easier to control. I mainly use silicone covers which work well. They can fit on round, oblong or square containers.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DigHealth-E...s%2C154&sr=8-5

Other suppliers and makes are available.
Old 08-04-2022, 12:37   #7138
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Never been able to use the stuff, it has a mind of it's own
Old 08-04-2022, 16:05   #7139
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I hate the stuff but have to admit it can be useful at times. I keep mine in the freezer and it's much easier to control. I mainly use silicone covers which work well. They can fit on round, oblong or square containers.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DigHealth-E...s%2C154&sr=8-5

Other suppliers and makes are available.
And here is me thinking you would wrap your shoe collection and husband in clingfilm!
Old 08-04-2022, 16:16   #7140
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
And here is me thinking you would wrap your shoe collection and husband in clingfilm!
I vaguely remember seeing a film clip of something along those lines . . many many years ago
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote