Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 19:03   #1501
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Look like Sky Cinema Hits HD was moving about on Virgin Media last night as it was my box for an hour.

The last time it happen was the time Zee Channels was moved and the Zee channels you need to pay extra for was on my box for an hour as well.

I do not pay for Sky Cinema or Zee.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2017, 20:46   #1502
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Had more info on the WWE network rumour on vm v6 boxes the source has said WWE Network should be on vms v6 box by the end of October this year.
We shall see.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:49   #1503
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Look like Sky Cinema Hits HD was moving about on Virgin Media last night as it was my box for an hour.

The last time it happen was the time Zee Channels was moved and the Zee channels you need to pay extra for was on my box for an hour as well.

Well spotted.

The changes are:

Spanish Tier, Portuguese Tier, French Tier, Polish Tier and Russian Tier move from Transport Stream 1, Service IDs 117, 118, 119, 120 & 123 to Transport Stream 104 Service IDs 10457, 10458, 10459, 10460 & 10461 respectively.

There are further services set up on TS 104, so more of this migration to follow.

TS ID 8 Service 801 has changed its service name from TalkingPicturesTV to Talking Pictures.

Any other service name changes were temporary re-brands, which I will continue to ignore.

Sky Hits HD moves from TS ID 23 SID 2303 to TS ID 24 SID 2404.

4SevenHD moves from TS ID 35 SID 3503 to TS ID 38 SID 3803.

No major changes for VM customers, just more channels playing the game of musical chairs.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:10   #1504
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Had more info on the WWE network rumour on vm v6 boxes the source has said WWE Network should be on vms v6 box by the end of October this year.
We shall see.
I look forward to this and lots of new on demand (including UHD) coming to our screens this year. If this doesn't happen, I will be very disappointed with VM.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:28   #1505
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I look forward to this and lots of new on demand (including UHD) coming to our screens this year. If this doesn't happen, I will be very disappointed with VM.
You always seem to be disappointed with Virgin Media OB but l cannot understand for the life of me why as don't you espouse that your TV viewing consist of mainly streaming , streaming and more streaming.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:08   #1506
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You always seem to be disappointed with Virgin Media OB but l cannot understand for the life of me why as don't you espouse that your TV viewing consist of mainly streaming , streaming and more streaming.
I want VM to be a successful company, making good profits, so it can give us more choice and afford the best technology to provide to its customers. The scandal of those cranky old Tivo boxes must never be allowed to happen again.

Streaming apps would be an essential aspect of the strategy that I would propose, which should please everyone. For example, Pluto tv is a streaming service with a range of live channels on it, which are not available on Sky. Much more of this sort of thing would be very popular, and Pluto tv is free!
Old 08-06-2017, 13:15   #1507
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I want VM to be a successful company, making good profits, so it can give us more choice and afford the best technology to provide to its customers. The scandal of those cranky old Tivo boxes must never be allowed to happen again.

Streaming apps would be an essential aspect of the strategy that I would propose, which should please everyone. For example, Pluto tv is a streaming service with a range of live channels on it, which are not available on Sky. Much more of this sort of thing would be very popular, and Pluto tv is free!
I like pluto tv.
Old 08-06-2017, 15:26   #1508
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
I like pluto tv.
It will have a really good appeal to the You Tube generation. There's something there for most tastes - politics, music, comedy. Worth having, IMHO.
Old 08-06-2017, 15:58   #1509
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

They could have made it 90 minutes so you could have watched a complete film
Old 08-06-2017, 16:06   #1510
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
It will have a really good appeal to the You Tube generation. There's something there for most tastes - politics, music, comedy. Worth having, IMHO.
Totally agree mate i wouldn't be surprised to see a app pop in in the near future on the v6 either.
Old 08-06-2017, 16:19   #1511
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
I like pluto tv.

Always thought you guys were on the moon or somewhere............
Old 08-06-2017, 16:31   #1512
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Totally agree mate i wouldn't be surprised to see a app pop in in the near future on the v6 either.
I was hoping for rather more than one app!
Old 08-06-2017, 18:18   #1513
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
I was hoping for rather more than one app!
Why would pluto tv have more than one app on the v6 for?
I think you mis interpitated my reply i was refering to pluto tv app.
Old 08-06-2017, 19:44   #1514
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Why would pluto tv have more than one app on the v6 for?
I think you mis interpitated my reply i was refering to pluto tv app.
Oh, right ; sorry, I misread your post.

What I meant was that I'd like to see many apps loaded onto the V6s, with free, pay per view and subscription based apps available.
Old 09-06-2017, 18:25   #1515
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

A Sky Source has confirm to MB HQ that "Looks like the Daily Mail rumour was almost correct, about 2 months before Sky staff were told... Look out for more info on or after 13th July."
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread