Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2018, 12:52   #256
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Linear BBC UHD channel , personally can't see that happening in the immediate future.
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2018, 12:59   #257
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Linear BBC UHD channel , personally can't see that happening in the immediate future.
I'm thinking they may of meant uhd on demand content, not completely sure but i think BBC are already trialing this on Iplayer.
Old 23-01-2018, 16:08   #258
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
And not at all on Freeview. This would have to be satellite, cable & online if it did materialise.
Old 23-01-2018, 16:24   #259
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I'm thinking they may of meant uhd on demand content, not completely sure but i think BBC are already trialing this on Iplayer.
Yes, on demand UHD is the most likely. You are correct to say the BBC are trialling it on their i-Player.
Old 23-01-2018, 17:45   #260
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

The launch of the Sony Crime Channel is already falling apart... only a few days after the announcement that the channel would be available on Freeview, Sky and Virgin their carriage on Virgin appears to have fallen through.

Virgin's logo and channel number have been removed from the website and reports no longer mention Virgin.

Sony probably thought that they could get away with removing pay channel Sony Channel and replacing it with free channel Sony Crime Channel and Virgin would carry on paying for it, but they've since told them to sod off!
Old 23-01-2018, 18:36   #261
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
The launch of the Sony Crime Channel is already falling apart... only a few days after the announcement that the channel would be available on Freeview, Sky and Virgin their carriage on Virgin appears to have fallen through.

Virgin's logo and channel number have been removed from the website and reports no longer mention Virgin.

Sony probably thought that they could get away with removing pay channel Sony Channel and replacing it with free channel Sony Crime Channel and Virgin would carry on paying for it, but they've since told them to sod off!
Or the contract was due for renewal and VM thought they could up the costs Sony currently pay and Sony told them to do one.
Old 23-01-2018, 19:00   #262
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Or the contract was due for renewal and VM thought they could up the costs Sony currently pay and Sony told them to do one.
Unlikely that would just so happen to be at the same time as they are merging channels but not impossible.
Old 23-01-2018, 19:05   #263
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Unlikely that would just so happen to be at the same time as they are merging channels but not impossible.
Most likely that's exactly what happened, VM aren't the saint many think they are infact VM are one of the most scheming and dishonest companies i have seen in a long time since LG took over.
No doubt VM will cry to Ofcom though and play the victim.
Old 23-01-2018, 20:03   #264
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Anyone know if the World Cup will be shown in UHD format anywhere?

Wouldn't be surprised if the beeb show some Wimbledon tennis matches in UHD within the next few year
Old 23-01-2018, 20:34   #265
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Most likely that's exactly what happened, VM aren't the saint many think they are infact VM are one of the most scheming and dishonest companies i have seen in a long time since LG took over.
I didn't realise you had such an issue with VM so looking at this as an opportunity to blame them for something.

It's unlikely that Sony's entire TV channel strategy is linked to the end of one contract with Virgin.
Old 23-01-2018, 20:44   #266
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
I didn't realise you had such an issue with VM so looking at this as an opportunity to blame them for something.

It's unlikely that Sony's entire TV channel strategy is linked to the end of one contract with Virgin.
I didn't realise you was a Virgin media fan boy either but still keep your blinkers on.
You think VM weren't charging Sony a fee? If so you're very mistaken. Ask yourself why don't VM have other freeview channels such as freesport which is on all other platforms and is arriving on the very impressive TVplayer very soon.
I can answer for you VM are greedy and want silly money for channels to be on their platform, yet if someone asks VM for a silly fee they go crying to Ofcom or play the victim often both.
Old 23-01-2018, 21:12   #267
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
I didn't realise you was a Virgin media fan boy either but still keep your blinkers on.
You think VM weren't charging Sony a fee? If so you're very mistaken. Ask yourself why don't VM have other freeview channels such as freesport which is on all other platforms and is arriving on the very impressive TVplayer very soon.
I can answer for you VM are greedy and want silly money for channels to be on their platform, yet if someone asks VM for a silly fee they go crying to Ofcom or play the victim often both.
Crikey, you having a bad day?

I'm very, very far from being a "Virgin media fan boy" if that's actually a thing. I wasn't even defending them.

Yikes.
Old 23-01-2018, 21:42   #268
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Anyone know if the World Cup will be shown in UHD format anywhere?

Wouldn't be surprised if the beeb show some Wimbledon tennis matches in UHD within the next few year
Think the BBC may be doing it in UHD possibly via red button though, MB will prob know more on that.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Quote:
Crikey, you having a bad day?

I'm very, very far from being a "Virgin media fan boy" if that's actually a thing. I wasn't even defending them.

Yikes.
No apologies if it seemed like i was having a go at you, but VM aren't the innocent they make themselves out to be.
It's no secret in here i have a grudge against vm after they messed up my credit file through fault of theirs not mine, they demanded money from me despite i had evidence showing i had paid my final bill, returned equipment yet they still got a CCJ against me and i'm not the only one they have done this too either.
But i stand by the reason Sony crime won't be on vm is down to the price vm are asking to be on their platform, this is why freesport isn't on vm either.
Old 24-01-2018, 05:03   #269
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
You have to remember out there in the modern world most companies want their pound of flesh to quote a phrase from a play from William Shakespeare and Virgin are no different from that as there are a few companies around that are more ethical then many but they are unlikely to number the fingers on your hand in my book.
Old 24-01-2018, 13:30   #270
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You have to remember out there in the modern world most companies want their pound of flesh to quote a phrase from a play from William Shakespeare and Virgin are no different from that as there are a few companies around that are more ethical then many but they are unlikely to number the fingers on your hand in my book.
Completely agree with you, all companies are as bad as each other especially the big three SKY, VM and BT.
Closed Thread