Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HD Channels availlable without HD subscription

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

HD Channels availlable without HD subscription

Old 02-04-2011, 15:40   #1
kovarik
Inactive

kovarik is an unknown quantity at this point
HD Channels availlable without HD subscription

Hi, I am brand new here so please forgive me if this question has been asked/answered before.

I have just bought a Sky+ HD box and would like to know which HD channels are available without me paying the expensive HD subscription every month?

Thanks in advance

Mike
kovarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2011, 15:47   #2
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: HD Channels availlable without HD subscription

http://www.sky.com/shop/high-definit...e/hd-channels/

Scroll to the 'non subscription' section

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 16:04   #3
kovarik
Inactive

Thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
http://www.sky.com/shop/high-definit...e/hd-channels/

Scroll to the 'non subscription' section

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

I am unclear about the fine details on that page - e.g. I subscribe to the Variety Pack - does that mean I will get that pack's HD channels automatically without the HD subscription?
Old 02-04-2011, 17:14   #4
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

If you just pay the HD sub alone you only get the "Non Subscription" channels shown. If you then add a pack (ie. Variety) you will get the SD and any HD versions of the channels in that pack.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 17:29   #5
kovarik
Inactive

Hi, I think I get that though my question was slightly different - I don't want to pay the HD package of £10.25 a month but I DO subscribe to The Variety Pack, Style and News and events packages - I was wondering if I would get the HD versions of the channel within those packages, but on reflection I'm pretty sure I won't unless I pay the HD sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
If you just pay the HD sub alone you only get the "Non Subscription" channels shown. If you then add a pack (ie. Variety) you will get the SD and any HD versions of the channels in that pack.
Old 02-04-2011, 17:38   #6
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

No HD sub, no HD. Simples !
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 18:24   #7
kovarik
Inactive

As expected! Cheers nodrogd!

Quote:
Old 03-04-2011, 09:15   #8
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Bar the obvious non subscription ones.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:26   #9
kovarik
Inactive

Yes, think I've got it now - thanks for your replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Bar the obvious non subscription ones.
Old 03-04-2011, 16:59   #10
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

No HD sub = only receive non subscription HD channels.
HD sub = All HD channels of your chosen 'mix(es)' plus non subscription HD channels

/simples

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 18:44   #11
kovarik
Inactive

Thanks v0id - much appreciate the time taken by people to reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
No HD sub = only receive non subscription HD channels.
HD sub = All HD channels of your chosen 'mix(es)' plus non subscription HD channels

/simples