Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New VM Business service - 350Mb

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

New VM Business service - 350Mb

Old 11-10-2017, 21:57   #76
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: New VM Business service - 350Mb

My understanding is these series of changes are to migrate the GRE tunnel endpoints to a new area of the network, in preparation for the fix to the performance issue.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2017, 14:26   #77
kalleh
cf.addict

kalleh is an unknown quantity at this point

Date of Issue 12/10/2017
Planned Work Ref C00856895
Planned Work Start (Local UK): 22/11/2017 09:00
Planned Work End (Local UK): 22/11/2017 15:00

Date of Issue 12/10/2017
Planned Work Ref C00857097
Planned Work Start (Local UK): 09/11/2017 09:00
Planned Work End (Local UK): 09/11/2017 15:00
kalleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 08:27   #78
mrdanny
Inactive

mrdanny is an unknown quantity at this point

Something is definitely happening, business customer care called me yesterday, to say ignore the message which I got sent on 6th October, as the dates for the work were incorrect, and the provisioning work on my service is being carried out next week not in November.

Overnight I received a revised email:

NOTIFICATION OF PLANNED WORK

Date of Issue 12/10/2017
Planned Work Ref C******
Planned Work Start (Local UK): 18/10/2017 00:01
Planned Work End (Local UK): 18/10/2017 06:01

With impact time of 15 mins.

Looks like they made a mistake on the dates and put 11 instead of 10 in the dates for me earlier, hope those with dates of this work advised for November also receive this news of the work being moved forward, we shall see.
mrdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 08:18   #79
mrdanny
Inactive

Confirm they did do something service was off for just about 15 minutes as per the notification.

Effect was ZERO so guess we can confirm it is provisioning work and not the fix.
Old 18-10-2017, 23:39   #80
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Just got a series of 4 planned work notifications - so more changes about to happen.
Old 21-10-2017, 13:07   #81
amstel
Inactive

amstel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I spoke yesterday to a Virgin technician and he told that this issue will be sorted next year :]
He also said that at the moment I should not use a static IPs in the modem mode.
amstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 13:38   #82
kalleh
cf.addict

It's not possible to use static IP's in modem mode.
Old 26-10-2017, 07:16   #83
kalleh
cf.addict

Old 26-10-2017, 13:02   #84
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Unfortunately an Intel 'fix' makes BQM graphs meaningless. They didn't actually fix anything, they just changed the path ICMP takes within devices so that it avoids the Puma 6 problem.

Nothing is actually resolved: your production TCP, UDP, etc, traffic is still hosed, but it makes the BQM graphs look prettier.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 13:31   #85
FGUK
Inactive

FGUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been through similar problems with VMB and the SH1 a couple of years ago, promises, misinformation etc etc. I currently use VMB with a SH2, Dynamic IP (with DDNS service) at I think the 150Mb speed. Reasonably happy, but its not what I rely on day to day.

But to the point. I have been offered an upgrade, and being an old hand with VM, didn't believe what sales said until I had read this forum. So whats the latest on the Hitron, Static IP`s (either single or multiple) and modem mode/No NAT?
FGUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 14:09   #86
mrdanny
Inactive

Tech support called me last week to ask if it was OK to put us into a test of the fix for the poor speeds with Static Ips, which I said was OK. They this testing should start in next 2 weeks towards the end of the month. Also they said that it will involve a mixture of fixes both at their end and also to the hub.

They said they will call or email at least 48 hours before any implementation is made.

They are still aiming for end January for complete roll out of the fixes.

Will keep you posted.
Old 21-11-2017, 23:02   #87
ccarmock
cf.geek

Got an email today to invite me to participate in a Hitron firmware trial, so sounds like things are starting to happen....
Old 24-11-2017, 08:55   #88
mrdanny
Inactive

Hi all yes can confirm the trial of the new firmware is proceeding I have been given 30th November 2017 as date for the update to our Hitron. It will be interesting to see how it goes is it going to be a improvement in the performance or a complete fix where you get the speed you were originally sold. Will let you all know how it goes anyway.
Old 02-12-2017, 16:05   #89
ccarmock
cf.geek

The trial Hitron firmware upgrade was postponed. Now due next week
Old 05-12-2017, 14:56   #90
mrdanny
Inactive

Happening tonight, let hope they keep their word this time.