Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 10-11-2020, 22:26   #1411
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not yet. But where the hell is Disney+?

Apple+ would also be nice, but no sign of that yet either.
You can keep whistling to the wind for both Disney+ and especially Apple+
For now.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:43   #1412
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
You can keep whistling to the wind for both Disney+ and especially Apple+
For now.
You are probably right. But this is unacceptable from a company that professes to be a super-aggregator of content.

I guess for the time being at least, I will still need the backup of my true super-aggregator - my Roku.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:37   #1413
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Even if that's a special in-contract price, can't see how they can justify it with Sky cinema and Sports included. Paying Sky for those can't leave much left over.
I pay £105.00 a month I wonder if its worth me ringing them to get that price lol?
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:40   #1414
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
I pay £105.00 a month I wonder if its worth me ringing them to get that price lol?
It sounds like you will get it if you take the Horizon box.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:03   #1415
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not yet. But where the hell is Disney+?

Apple+ would also be nice, but no sign of that yet either.
From https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020...-360-platform/

Virgin also confirmed that there is no support for third-party voice control platforms like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, but did not rule it out for the future.

As with the previous generation, the platform will integrate streaming apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer. There are currently no plans to integrate Disney+, but chief digital officer David Bouchier said that Disney is a strong partner of Virgin’s, and expressed confidence that the app will arrive “next year”.
While aggregation continues to be a focus for Virgin, Bouchier also said that “formal bundling is not something required” – indicating that we are unlikely to see a co-branded TV package like the bundle of Sky and Netflix.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 14:58   #1416
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
From https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020...-360-platform/

Virgin also confirmed that there is no support for third-party voice control platforms like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, but did not rule it out for the future.

As with the previous generation, the platform will integrate streaming apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer. There are currently no plans to integrate Disney+, but chief digital officer David Bouchier said that Disney is a strong partner of Virgin’s, and expressed confidence that the app will arrive “next year”.
While aggregation continues to be a focus for Virgin, Bouchier also said that “formal bundling is not something required” – indicating that we are unlikely to see a co-branded TV package like the bundle of Sky and Netflix.
Thank you, new Apollo. Pity it takes sooooo long!
Old 11-11-2020, 15:17   #1417
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Well we're all got sent home from work 3 members in our department tested positive for covid-19 so we're now self isolating for 2 weeks, offices are being deep cleaned.
I will do my best to keep getting information on services during these times.
Old 11-11-2020, 21:39   #1418
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Well we're all got sent home from work 3 members in our department tested positive for covid-19 so we're now self isolating for 2 weeks, offices are being deep cleaned.
I will do my best to keep getting information on services during these times.
I thought everyone was supposed to be working from home at the moment?

(Wherever they can)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 22:46   #1419
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I thought everyone was supposed to be working from home at the moment?

(Wherever they can)
Not a option for us due to sensitivity of the information we get.

On the plus side they're paying me in full for the two weeks.
Old 12-11-2020, 19:38   #1420
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I see that Discovery Shed isn't on the website of the Discovery+ service that launches today in the UK (but sadly TV exclusive to Sky Q for a year). That suggests Discovery Shed may be closing on all platforms.
www.discoveryplus.co.uk
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 00:26   #1421
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I see that Discovery Shed isn't on the website of the Discovery+ service that launches today in the UK (but sadly TV exclusive to Sky Q for a year). That suggests Discovery Shed may be closing on all platforms.
www.discoveryplus.co.uk
Discovery Home & Health isn't there either.

Discovery Shed and Discovery Home & Health are their two lowest-rated channels.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 08:54   #1422
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post

The reason being that they just repeat programmes over and over. These channels used to be my wife’s favourites, but she no longer watches them. I wonder why.
Old 13-11-2020, 10:14   #1423
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

I had a feeling there was a another...but my coffee was faulty
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 16:27   #1424
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:

I could imagine these two could close before long, with all shows moving to DMAX, Quest and Quest Red.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 20:05   #1425
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I could imagine these two could close before long, with all shows moving to DMAX, Quest and Quest Red.
I could imagine Really is set to go WITH all shows moving to the channels you have listed. And it Freeview slot use for DMAX +1 or GB News.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote