Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 04-11-2020, 15:24   #1366
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

All our recordings stopped on SkyQ for ITVHD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That’s right. Nothing for Virgin Media customers to worry about.

However, Sky customers may need to check their planned recordings. I am told that these will need to be changed manually.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2020, 17:44   #1367
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Somethings going on. TS streams and total services figures have changed quite dramatically.
I can't recall previous figures. I know it's changed though.

TS streams has actually dropped I know that much now 33. Was it 47 previously? That at least seems like something I recall.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 18:11   #1368
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Because HD is the new normal and so ITV HD has been awarded the highest number available. This is now ITV’s main channel.

The SD channel will be obsolete before too long, I suspect.
Htv still not changed any information when it might happen? Just changed !!!!

Last edited by Itshim; 04-11-2020 at 18:22.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 18:41   #1369
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
Somethings going on. TS streams and total services figures have changed quite dramatically.
I can't recall previous figures. I know it's changed though.

TS streams has actually dropped I know that much now 33. Was it 47 previously? That at least seems like something I recall.
VM took some mothballed transport streams out of the config the other day according to JJ20X on Forum Box, so I'd say it's fairly likely to be this piece of housekeeping that you're noticing.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 19:29   #1370
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Because HD is the new normal and so ITV HD has been awarded the highest number available. This is now ITV’s main channel.

The SD channel will be obsolete before too long, I suspect.
Htv still not changed any information when it might happen? It's just changed .No hd logo showing on screen . Logo on the epg , is it hd or not confused
Old 05-11-2020, 05:44   #1371
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

ITV itself has no indicator as to whether it is HD or not - just the same ITV logo on both versions.

You should easily be able to tell by comparing 103 and 113.

The EPG does mark HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Htv still not changed any information when it might happen? It's just changed .No hd logo showing on screen . Logo on the epg , is it hd or not confused
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:15   #1372
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Many users are likely to have a series link set for ITV (when it was on 103). This will still work but now on 113.

A Series Link+ will record the HD version of ITV (or the version which starts first) whereever it goes.
I had a couple of manual recordings set for ITV-HD that I wasn't entirely convinced had carried across - so deleting and resetting them seemed the safe option.

I'd agree with SL though. Seamless.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 19:19   #1373
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Old eyes really ,can't really tell on alot of programmes . 42" uhd tv
Old 06-11-2020, 09:47   #1374
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post

Old eyes really ,can't really tell on alot of programmes . 42" uhd tv
A relative of mine swears blind they can't tell between SD & HD. Never did get my head round that one.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:35   #1375
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
A relative of mine swears blind they can't tell between SD & HD. Never did get my head round that one.
It's often found that those who get glasses for the first time didn't realise that everyone didn't see like them until they see better is possible. Maybe they need their eyes checked?
Old 06-11-2020, 11:42   #1376
Chris James
cf.member

Chris James is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
ITV itself has no indicator as to whether it is HD or not - just the same ITV logo on both versions.

The EPG does mark HD.
My area of North Hampshire does indicate ITVHD on 103, and ITV on 113 but my secondary region of ITV on 870 is now HD (from Meridian Southampton) does not yet indicate HD (as of yesterday)
Chris James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 17:08   #1377
Chris James
cf.member

Chris James is an unknown quantity at this point

..... and I will just add that although 870 is now itv HD it still comes up with the "Press Blue to watch in HD" banner. If I press Blue it jumps to 103. Needs fixing!
Chris James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 17:46   #1378
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Apparently ViacomCBS is to "shutter niche streaming services" to concentrate on Paramount+, and on the list is US service MTV Hits.

My point, this may be why after the My5 and Pluto TV apps arrived on VM, we haven't got promised MTV one yet.
Old 06-11-2020, 17:48   #1379
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

An other Comedy Channel to launch in the UK?

Ofcom has given an broadcasting license to Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited for Samsung Comedy to launch.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 20:52   #1380
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
An other Comedy Channel to launch in the UK?

Ofcom has given an broadcasting license to Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited for Samsung Comedy to launch.
Let’s hope it’s not more cheap American comedy, MB.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote