Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | £10 SIM offer now only 100 mins + 100 texts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

£10 SIM offer now only 100 mins + 100 texts

Old 20-06-2007, 11:30   #1
Honeymonster
Inactive

Honeymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
£10 SIM offer now only 100 mins + 100 texts

I notice the £10 SIM offer, which was 300 mins + 300 texts, has been downgraded to 100 mins + 100 texts. So what was a good deal is now a pretty poor deal.
Honeymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2007, 12:54   #2
Quam256
Inactive

Services: XL,Phone and 60mb .
Quam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: £10 SIM offer now only 100 mins + 100 texts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeymonster View Post
I notice the £10 SIM offer, which was 300 mins + 300 texts, has been downgraded to 100 mins + 100 texts. So what was a good deal is now a pretty poor deal.
Cheaper to have a sim than a landline of them with that many minutes.
Quam256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 19:31   #3
tybalt21
Inactive

tybalt21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't say it's a bad deal as such, it's still only £10. I think the problem was that the 300 300 was a bloody brilliant offer - 100 100 simply ends up looking less attractive because of that.
tybalt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 01:24   #4
willas00
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L, PlusNet BB, PlusNet Landline
willas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enough

Im still unsure about this offer. I want to get it but i dont. I want it cause the minutes/texts would come in handy. But i dont find its alot. I emailed Virgin Mobile to confirm it and told them id go to another network hoping they would try to keep me. Not the case.! However i was speaking to someone on 3 this evening for about 14 mintues costing £5 (thankfully it was on 1 of the free virgin mobile sim cards) so im thinking it would i still save money in the long run
Can i have some feedback i would like to know what over people think

Thanks
willas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 11:01   #5
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

It is good value because it is 'Anynet anytime minutes'.

O2 Online Pay and Go offer 'Talk Anytime' where you top up by £10 and they give you 50 minutes only and when you run out of credit, you pay 40p per minute to call other networks which is 5p per minute more expensive than Virgin and you also have to pay 10p per call at all times for voicemail when it is free on Virgin. Oh and O2 customer service cost 20p per minute from your O2 mobile but no more than 8.5p per minute from a BT landline, you'd think it would be cheaper to call from your O2 mobile

But £10 for 100 mins and texts is good value since 100 texts on pay as you go cost £10 alone, and means that it is £1 per 10 minutes, which means that this tariff is equivalent to 10p per minute for all calls to any network which is good.

However, you can still get cheaper!

Asda Mobile charges 16p for the first 3 minutes of calls each day then 8p per minute after that to call UK landlines and all UK mobiles on all networks! Texts cost 10p for the first 3 messsages a day then 5p thereafter to all UK networks.

Sim packs are free when bought with a £10 top up instore or £4.95 otherwise or online.

Be aware that T-Mobile are raising call costs on the 30th july, new call costs are:

Minimum call charge: 10p
Pay as you go everyone: Rate is increasing from 12p to 15p per minute
Pay as you go mates rates: Rate is increasing from 5p to 8p per minute*
5 day pass: Rate is increasing from £5 per 5 days to £7.50 per 5 days.

*This applies to calls to other T-Mobile phones, texts without 5 day pass are also increasing to 8p per message. The minimum call charge for calling T-Mobile phones will be 8p on the Mates Rates price plan.

The new 10p minimum call charge effects all price plans including Pay as you go standard and Relax pay as you go. Voicemail remains free to Relax pay as you go customers.

Anyone using T-Mobile, I would recommend they switch to Orange speakeasy pay as you go with Bonus text reward where you pay the same rate (15p per minute) but get free texts included.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 15:42   #6
willas00
Inactive

willas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enough

See im thinking of taking the offer because if you dont use up your mins/txts they carry over as well so it would save me money in the long run and im allready with Virgin Mobile and have been for many years!
Old 22-07-2007, 15:49   #7
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Well in that case, retentions might give you the 300 mins and text deal instead!

The best thing about Virgin,Tesco,Asda and T-Mobile is that they are very simplified. O2 pay and go has way to many confusing tariffs and smallprint! as well as Vodafone free weekends and Orange bonus rewards. And as for mobile world, you even have to pay for the 0800 top up line.
Old 22-07-2007, 15:56   #8
willas00
Inactive

I find Virgin Mobile are great Ive had problems with them and they allways sort it out for me. There email reply service is quick and they look after me well!

And there cheap. I think im gonna take the offer up!

Cheers for the advice
Old 22-07-2007, 16:23   #9
m419
Inactive

Your welcome, in the meantime, if you find calling other networks expensive, please take a look at my thread in the Virgin Mobile section of Cable forum. You will find out how to make such calls for just 15p per minute rather than 35p per minute.
Old 22-07-2007, 22:18   #10
chamoan
Inactive

Services: 20MB, TV+PHONE
chamoan will become famous soon enoughchamoan will become famous soon enoughchamoan will become famous soon enough

Tesco mobile sims are fairly good for pay&go, the 'extra tariff' seems there best offer.

10p calls, 5p texts, but you have to top up £15 a month.

http://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/s...age=tariffinfo

or if you ring 1 number regular, try the o2 offer, send a text with the word 'ONE' and the number you wish to ring (must be another o2 number) to 21300 and you get 500mins a month free to that number, and 300 free texts when u top up £10 a month, it says this offer only lasts 3 months, i took this offer when it first started 3months ago, now i got another sim card and did it again, so im gettin 6months
chamoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 23:24   #11
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I wouldn't know how good Virgin mobile are because along with a lot of other people they wont let me have it
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 23:46   #12
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I wouldn't know how good Virgin mobile are because along with a lot of other people they wont let me have it
Why not?
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 03:47   #13
Roy MM
Inactive

Services: NTL cable 20mb Broadband, V+ package.
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Roy MM

I'm on Virgin mobile paygo along with my wife, 15p for first 3 mins then 3p after, has this changed, i very rare use the text, i can do it online for free.
Roy MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 04:33   #14
m419
Inactive

No they have had the same tariff for nearly 8 years and hasn't changed that much!

This is the current tariff:

Calls to Virgin Mobiles,landlines which begin 01,02 and the new 03 national numbers cost 15p per minute for the first 5 minutes of calls each day then 5p per minute after that.

Calls to voicemail: Free at all times

Calls to 0500,0800 and 0808 numbers cost 10p per minute at all times.

Calls to all other 08 numbers are charged at 15p per minute

Texts to other Virgin Mobiles are 3p per message at all times.

Texts to landlines and other UK networks are 10p per message at all times.

Texts to international mobiles: 20p per message

Calls to Europe and USA dialled directly: 20p per minute

Calls to New Zealand and Austrailia cost 40p per minute.

Customer services when you are in credit: 10p per call or free without credit

The new minimum call charge for calls is 10p.

The virgin mobile offer offering 3p per minute calls to call other Virgin Mobile phones was a lengthy promotion and ended on the 31st March 2007, however when I contacted Virgin Mobile last week, they said they had plans for a similar offer starting again this Autumn.

However until end of September texts sent to other Virgin Mobiles between 9pm and 10pm when every Friday night are free because of the Big Brother sponsorship. Its called the 'Happy hour'.

Hope this helps!
Old 23-07-2007, 11:23   #15
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

A lot of mobile networks seem to be increasing their costs at the moment to compensate for the lowering of roaming charges.
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote