Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sending texts don't arrive?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sending texts don't arrive?

Old 08-09-2007, 14:38   #1
printerman
Inactive

printerman has a spectacular aura about themprinterman has a spectacular aura about themprinterman has a spectacular aura about themprinterman has a spectacular aura about them
Sending texts don't arrive?

Hi my mother is on the virgin network like me and some friends. When i text them they show up but when i text my mother no show. She CAN text me and they arrive. I can call staight after sending the text and she can answer but like i said, the text will never arrive!

Can anyone help?
printerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2007, 17:24   #2
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers
Re: Sending texts don't arrive?

Texts are sending fine to other networks for me.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 18:34   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Has she asked VM to check her account settings etc or maybe check that the sim is working correctly? Seems strange that only your texts don't arrive or has anyone else mentioned it to her...... maybe she is trying to ignore you lol
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 21:47   #4
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

You could try turning on "Delivery reports" if your phone has that function. It lets you know when the message you sent has been received.

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 00:37   #5
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

It's probably not related, but I am on T mobile (VM use the T Mobile network), and I find that texts to/from my phone can take up to three hours to arrive.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:08   #6
printerman
Inactive

printerman has a spectacular aura about themprinterman has a spectacular aura about themprinterman has a spectacular aura about themprinterman has a spectacular aura about them

No they never arrive....shes had the phone six months!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:56   #7
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

You're not sending fancy texts, are you? My mum sent me a text with pictures in it - my phone just does text. Nothing more. So I never got it. She's got a new phone - had to go over and show her the space button. Was sendingteXTSwithnoSPACESwhichmadeMEthinkshewasatth ewhiskeyagain

Oh and networks will drop texts to maintain service availability at peak times.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 16:26   #8
printerman
Inactive

no my phone can't do anything but texts....she has never recieved one and i must have sent 20 hoping one day they would turn up. I'm going to have to change my phone and see if i can get in it to work...its very irritating.
Old 09-09-2007, 16:39   #9
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Do the texts show up on your bill?
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 17:13   #10
printerman
Inactive

We are both on PAYG packages so we get no billS!