Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 20:53   #3031
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
TV Player gets £5m cash injection from A+E Networks which is 50% owned by Disney
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...p-ae-networks/
I thought the TV Player announcement was quite important too. And its channels are licensed for 4G making it the first UK app to do this.
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2016, 21:20   #3032
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I thought the TV Player announcement was quite important too. And its channels are licensed for 4G making it the first UK app to do this.
i think it also puts to bed any doubts if tvcstchup is legal or not, it clearly is legal if networks are investing.
Old 04-10-2016, 22:12   #3033
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
i think it also puts to bed any doubts if tvcstchup is legal or not, it clearly is legal if networks are investing.
TV Player is also being pre-loaded onto Samsung tablets, it's all above board. It's quite good value at £5pm.
Old 04-10-2016, 22:51   #3034
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
TV Player is also being pre-loaded onto Samsung tablets, it's all above board. It's quite good value at £5pm.
tv player is one i meant lol, blooming jack daniels kicking in lol.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:55   #3035
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
There is no smoke without fire old chap.
People seem to think Netix will definitely be bought but by who ?
https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/07/wh...o-buy-netflix/
Old 10-10-2016, 12:13   #3036
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I think Disney are going to buy it if anyone tbh, was surprised seeing Amazon thrown into the mix, Apple i know they're sniffing around streaming services have been for a bit but i can see them setting up their own.
Old 10-10-2016, 14:43   #3037
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Netflix + Amazon Prime would make a dynamite bundle.
Old 10-10-2016, 16:39   #3038
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Netflix + Amazon Prime would make a dynamite bundle.
A merger between Netflix and Amazon would reduce competition and ultimately, there would be less choice.

Disney is the most likely to merge with Netflix, I think.

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...flix-purchase/
Old 12-10-2016, 11:38   #3039
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Amazon Music Unlimited launches in US with UK coming later in the year

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1391...y-subscription
Old 12-10-2016, 17:02   #3040
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

anyone know if Amazon plan to release an app that will work with Chromecast ,i have Prime but the only way i have to watch films on the tv is through the PS3 and that's just a pain .My tv is a Panasonic and Amazon won't let Panasonic UK have an app to download ,rights issue i think

Old 12-10-2016, 17:59   #3041
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
anyone know if Amazon plan to release an app that will work with Chromecast ,i have Prime but the only way i have to watch films on the tv is through the PS3 and that's just a pain .My tv is a Panasonic and Amazon won't let Panasonic UK have an app to download ,rights issue i think

Get a Roku
Old 12-10-2016, 18:21   #3042
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Get a Roku
thanks but i'm not paying 40 quid for a stick so i can access one app,can't really understand why Amazon won't allow Chromecast or Panasonic UK to have their app

Old 19-10-2016, 19:05   #3043
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Amazon 'plans to launch broadband service in UK'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...service-in-uk/
Old 19-10-2016, 19:26   #3044
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Amazon 'plans to launch broadband service in UK'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...service-in-uk/
This could be a real threat to Virgin Media. They will need to think of something fast to distinguish their offering, geared to the multiple packages of broadband, TV, telephone and mobile, to prevent existing customers from leaving. Even more reason to improve their TV packages.

I can see many opting to subscribe to Amazon Prime for their broadband and TV, supplemented by a Freeview box. That could turn out to be a very attractive deal, particularly for those who are starting to doubt the value of the existing pay TV channels on offer, and they wouldn't have to pay for a land line that they don't use either!
Old 19-10-2016, 19:34   #3045
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This could be a real threat to Virgin Media. They will need to think of something fast to distinguish their offering, geared to the multiple packages of broadband, TV, telephone and mobile, to prevent existing customers from leaving. Even more reason to improve their TV packages.

I can see many opting to subscribe to Amazon Prime for their broadband and TV, supplemented by a Freeview box. That could turn out to be a very attractive deal, particularly for those who are starting to doubt the value of the existing pay TV channels on offer, and they wouldn't have to pay for a land line that they don't use either!
Amazon will more than likely use the Openreach network the same as Sky , Talk Talk , Vodafone etc do now.

The threat for the other providers is Amazon has a huge customer base in the UK and could potentially bundle it's broadband service with Prime and other Amazon services. It's potentially an interesting development.
Closed Thread