Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Old 06-08-2018, 12:53   #736
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
You've been moaning about VM for years haven't you? Yet seem to be using excuses of why you cant leave that have happened in the past year.
I can't make any sense of what this is supposed to be saying.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2018, 13:20   #737
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Seems obvious to me and possibly others.

You've continually moaned about VM, have contacts in higher management of VM which you have used to get a better deal, consulted solictors ete, etc.

Eventually it always comes back to bite you. Why don't you contact your VM management contacts to get the answer to your question?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 13:25   #738
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I can't make any sense of what this is supposed to be saying.
Why not?

From my time on these forums, it seems you love to moan about Virgin Media, if memory serves me right you were moaning about them the time the V6 was launched and people were saying similar like move to a different provider. Yet here we are and your excuses of why you cant leave are ones that have happened in the past year, like being in a contract or you've paid the line rental saver, yet you had plenty of chances to leave, yet you keep signing up to different things to make you stay. If it was that bad that I had to have a solicitor to send a letter to VM, I'd be gone in a shot.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 22:40   #739
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Well Gold had the highest pay TV viewing figure last Tuesday (that's without VM). https://mobile.twitter.com/UKTV/stat...94219615756290
It's Dads Army - DA always gets good ratings, just look at the BBC2 slots.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 13:29   #740
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Why not?

From my time on these forums, it seems you love to moan about Virgin Media, if memory serves me right you were moaning about them the time the V6 was launched and people were saying similar like move to a different provider. Yet here we are and your excuses of why you cant leave are ones that have happened in the past year, like being in a contract or you've paid the line rental saver, yet you had plenty of chances to leave, yet you keep signing up to different things to make you stay. If it was that bad that I had to have a solicitor to send a letter to VM, I'd be gone in a shot.
Your comments have got nothing to do with the topic of this thread The OP started this thread to discuss the removal of the UKTV channels, not the relationship that I have with VM, either in the past or present.

In addition, if my posts concern or upset you that much, put me on ignore- job done.
Old 07-08-2018, 13:46   #741
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Your comments have got nothing to do with the topic of this thread The OP started this thread to discuss the removal of the UKTV channels, not the relationship that I have with VM, either in the past or present.

In addition, if my posts concern or upset you that much, put me on ignore- job done.
Had a feeling that was coming. So if my comments have nothing to do with the the thread, why did you mention why you couldn't leave or is it ok for you to go off topic but not me.
Old 07-08-2018, 14:32   #742
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Liberty and ITV to invest in mobile entertainment platform.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018...eid=3598503789

Quote:
Between them Disney, Entertainment One, Fox, ITV, Lionsgate, MGM, NBCUniversal, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Viacom, Warner Media are among the initial investors in New TV. They’re joined by ‘strategic investors’ including The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Liberty Global, and Madrone Capital.
Quote:
While bringing together a collection of Hollywood studios, the partners also include the UK’s ITV Studios.
Old 07-08-2018, 14:51   #743
MatthewEastaugh
cf.member

MatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really nice

What with this, the continual pushing of Virgin Mobile, the emphasis on 'on-demand' and the signing up of Comedy Central / Nickelodeon but only as mobile apps, I'm wondering if Liberty Global / Virgin Media are only really worried about slanting their offering even more in that direction.

Kick the linear channels to the side (hence UKTV not being seen as being as important now), but focus on building up a bank of services, channels and programming for customers to access on their V6 boxes and their mobile phones.

(Not sure I'd be wanting to venture into a battle with the likes of Netflix, Amazon and the like, but horses for courses, I guess. And given my current preferences, that'd be something else that'd make me more inclined to switch to Sky at present...)
MatthewEastaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 15:04   #744
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewEastaugh View Post
What with this, the continual pushing of Virgin Mobile, the emphasis on 'on-demand' and the signing up of Comedy Central / Nickelodeon but only as mobile apps, I'm wondering if Liberty Global / Virgin Media are only really worried about slanting their offering even more in that direction.

Kick the linear channels to the side (hence UKTV not being seen as being as important now), but focus on building up a bank of services, channels and programming for customers to access on their V6 boxes and their mobile phones.

(Not sure I'd be wanting to venture into a battle with the likes of Netflix, Amazon and the like, but horses for courses, I guess. And given my current preferences, that'd be something else that'd make me more inclined to switch to Sky at present...)
Yes, I think that is exactly what's going on and I know that some are not comfortable with that. However, I think they will be proved right in the longer term. In the short term, they will get some flak, and the UKTV adventure is evidence of that!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 15:52   #745
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Had a feeling that was coming. So if my comments have nothing to do with the the thread, why did you mention why you couldn't leave or is it ok for you to go off topic but not me.
Because somebody wanted clarification. Basically, I shall run my affairs as I see fit, just as I assume that you do.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Liberty and ITV to invest in mobile entertainment platform.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018...eid=3598503789
Interesting, I wonder if this is what the senior engineer was referring to when I had my V6 installed after I asked if there was anything similar to Sky Q where people could watch channels away from the main TV.
Old 07-08-2018, 16:09   #746
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Because somebody wanted clarification. Basically, I shall run my affairs as I see fit, just as I assume that you do.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Interesting, I wonder if this is what the senior engineer was referring to when I had my V6 installed after I asked if there was anything similar to Sky Q where people could watch channels away from the main TV.
And if you make your affairs public knowledge on a forum, I will comment on them. If you believe the question was off topic that also means your answer was off topic. If you don't want to give me an answer, you don't have to reply.
Old 07-08-2018, 16:45   #747
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Do you have anything pertinent that you wish to contribute regarding the UKTV or ITV channels on the Virgin Media television platform?
Old 07-08-2018, 17:07   #748
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Do you have anything pertinent that you wish to contribute regarding the UKTV or ITV channels on the Virgin Media television platform?
I was commenting on something you posted.
Old 07-08-2018, 17:19   #749
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I was commenting on something you posted.
Indeed as comment and discussion is what a forum is about last time l looked.
Old 07-08-2018, 17:59   #750
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Every UKTV channel bar Home gained viewers after leaving VM according to the latest weekly reach update

Attached Images
File Type: png 950a5321-d39a-4d64-a335-bf99e427a218.png (5.8 KB, 195 views)
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote