Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2021, 14:54   #991
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

I wouldn't be surprised if the comic book series like The Flash and other 3rd Party Sky 1 imports, all move to Syfy and Sky Witness.

Movies24, during Christmas, gets better ratings than likes of Sky Comedy, Sky Nature and Sky Documentaries. Though the rest of the year that not the case. Maybe they'll just axe Movies24+.
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2021, 14:56   #992
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the comic book series like The Flash and other 3rd Party Sky 1 imports, all move to Syfy and Sky Witness.

Movies24, during Christmas, gets better ratings than likes of Sky Comedy, Sky Nature and Sky Documentaries. Though the rest of the year that not the case. Maybe they'll just axe Movies24+.
DC shows are moving to Sky Max (Sky Max HD?)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-07-2021, 14:59   #993
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
SYFY is a global brand so that'll be staying, movies24 might aswell change that to romancemovies or even better crapmovies.
My mother watches it a lot. It isn't just romance movies. Not my cup of tea, but I've seen worse on other channels.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
DC shows are moving to Sky Max (Sky Max HD?)
They've said Max is for Sky Originals and Entertainment shows, DC stuff doesn't fit that. Though they may go to Max until WB reclaims them for their own streaming service.
Old 28-07-2021, 15:02   #994
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
My mother watches it a lot. It isn't just romance movies. Not my cup of tea, but I've seen worse on other channels.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

They've said Max is for Sky Originals and Entertainment shows, DC stuff doesn't fit that. Though they may go to Max until WB reclaims them for their own streaming service.
Here my source - https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...-shake-up.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-07-2021, 15:15   #995
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ta. They quote Variety, which is a trade paper, as source for the relevant section, which I believe a trillion times more than The Sun. So yeah, sounds like that is the case.
Old 28-07-2021, 15:31   #996
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

It’s in the actual Sky Press Release -

Sky Max’s launch schedule will include blockbuster entertainment such as the return of Never Mind the Buzzcocks, The Russell Howard Hour and DC Super Heroes.
Old 28-07-2021, 15:36   #997
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
It’s in the actual Sky Press Release -

Sky Max’s launch schedule will include blockbuster entertainment such as the return of Never Mind the Buzzcocks, The Russell Howard Hour and DC Super Heroes.
So it does! Ooops! My coffee is faulty.

I normally read them referred to collectively as the Arrowverse so my brain refused to cooperate.

Thanks Phunkenstein!
Old 28-07-2021, 16:19   #998
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
Sky’s press release does appear to stress that Sky Atlantic “…will remain the exclusive home of high-concept original dramas such as Landscapers, I Hate Suzie, Gangs of London and Chernobyl, as well as being the home of drama from HBO and Showtime.”

Looks like the Atlantic content will not be on Showcase and the dream still eludes Virgin subscribers…
I expect you are correct, although I would point out that, as you say, the press release states that SA will remain ‘the exclusive home of high-concept original dramas’. That does not necessarily mean that Sky Atlantic will remain exclusive to Sky satellite and Now TV viewers.

However, it is probably fairly safe to assume that it will, given the history.
Old 28-07-2021, 16:21   #999
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I expect you are correct, although I would point out that, as you say, the press release states that SA will remain ‘the exclusive home of high-concept original dramas’. That does not necessarily mean that Sky Atlantic will remain exclusive to Sky satellite and Now TV viewers.

However, it is probably fairly safe to assume that it will, given the history.
as i have always said sky will never let VM have SA OB
Old 28-07-2021, 16:42   #1000
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Make it look like we are offering more , Sky has gone backwards under Comcast ownership in my opinion.
Not really. Sky Replay (SD only) was a waste of space. At least Sky Showcase will be taking the pick of programmes from across its channels and in HD.

So that is an improvement and the number of channels remains the same. Sky One’s successor, Sky Max, looks to be an improvement, benefiting from an increase in original content from Sky Studios.

With the launch of Sky Nature and Sky Documentaries recently, it appears that Sky is concentrating on improving content quality rather than new channels screening hours of rubbish.

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
After 10 years anyone who wants Sky Atlantic should have it by now - why, oh why are we still wittering on about it - those that want it should go and get it and then we can all move on (please).
As explained very patiently over the years, many of us want to stick with Virgin Media and want that channel on our boxes.

I would not go to the Sky platform by choice.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Quote:
I can see Sky Atlantic being axe in 2024 anyway as Discovery are in the middle of taking over the owners of HBO right now.
Could be, but Sky Atlantic shows more than HBO programmes.

HBO is likely to be streaming only when the existing contract runs out.
Old 28-07-2021, 16:52   #1001
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I suspect that Showcase will show the first one or two episodes of Sky Atlantic series and then tell viewers to tune to SA to continue watching them.
Old 28-07-2021, 16:54   #1002
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Interesting to see there's still life left in linear.
Quote:
Launching the newly branded Sky Showcase channel, a linear only main event channel..
https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...se-and-sky-max
Old 28-07-2021, 17:19   #1003
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Interesting to see there's still life left in linear.

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...se-and-sky-max
Well of course there is. It was only 2021 when I last looked.

We’ll try our best to ignore the channels that are closing down to join the streamers for now, shall we?
Old 28-07-2021, 21:14   #1004
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Will be interesting to see if Sky Max becomes a Sky exclusive, like Sky Atlantic

Last edited by Gavin-D; 28-07-2021 at 21:19.
Old 28-07-2021, 21:28   #1005
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Will be interesting to see if Sky Max becomes a Sky exclusive, like Sky Atlantic
Already said earlier it won't be

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=977