Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PM's adviser on ministerial code resigns over his advice on Priti Patel being ignored

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

PM's adviser on ministerial code resigns over his advice on Priti Patel being ignored

Old 21-11-2020, 11:34   #76
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: PM's adviser on ministerial code resigns over his advice on Priti Patel being ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
And vice versa, it depends who is Doing the judging.
I’m not really sure it does to be honest. Unless you’re accusing the Civil Service of bias in the process.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2020, 20:36   #77
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: PM's adviser on ministerial code resigns over his advice on Priti Patel being ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

That said you've made it clear you think a Conservative can fundamentally be held to a different standard than a Labour politician. Which to any reasonable person would be a ridiculous notion.
I'm sure we've all noted that you have been pretty silent about the outbursts that were reported from Gordon Brown back in the day.

The thing is, the Home Office civil servants on the whole are pretty useless, and have been for many years. I seem to recall a certain Labour Home Secretary saying the Home Office was 'not fit for purpose'.

I can quite understand the frustration Priti Patel must have felt with that lot and I'm not at all interested in their childish bleating that someone actually required them to do their jobs.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 20:46   #78
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'm sure we've all noted that you have been pretty silent about the outbursts that were reported from Gordon Brown back in the day.

The thing is, the Home Office civil servants on the whole are pretty useless, and have been for many years. I seem to recall a certain Labour Home Secretary saying the Home Office was 'not fit for purpose'.

I can quite understand the frustration Priti Patel must have felt with that lot and I'm not at all interested in their childish bleating that someone actually required them to do their jobs.
You sound like a bit of a bully yourself OB

This isn't the first bullying case she's been involved with. A bad workman/woman blames her tools. She has a history of not delivering wherever she goes. Promoted beyond her talents and taking it out on those around her.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 20:50   #79
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You sound like a bit of a bully yourself OB

This isn't the first bullying case she's been involved with. A bad workman/woman blames her tools. She has a history of not delivering wherever she goes. Promoted beyond her talents and taking it out on those around her.
As a manager myself, I have never had any warnings given to me about bullying my staff. But your comment does seem to clarify my suspicion that many people seem to think that criticism is bullying.

If that is the case, all of us on this forum are guilty as hell!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 20:57   #80
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
As a manager myself, I have never had any warnings given to me about bullying my staff. But your comment does seem to clarify my suspicion that many people seem to think that criticism is bullying.

If that is the case, all of us on this forum are guilty as hell!
Neither of us have seen the details. Those that have have found her guilty of bullying and breaking the ministerial code. No one else has stayed in their job after doing that.

A weak and desperate for friends PM.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 21:09   #81
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K;36059261[B
]Neither of us have seen the details. [/B]Those that have have found her guilty of bullying and breaking the ministerial code. No one else has stayed in their job after doing that.

A weak and desperate for friends PM.

Kinda weakens your comment about her bullying.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 21:12   #82
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Kinda weakens your comment about her bullying.

The official report kinda doesn't though.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 21:12   #83
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Promoted beyond her talents and taking it out on those around her.
I am very sure that you are not qualified to make that assessment.
Old 21-11-2020, 21:13   #84
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
The official report kinda doesn't though.
Was that from the snowflakes?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 21:21   #85
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Was that from the snowflakes?

If you believe Sir Alex Allan is a "snowflake".
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 21:21   #86
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:

I’m quite sure absolutely nobody noticed that, and nobody has asked me.

That said it’s expected from you to simply deflect, deflect, deflect in defence of Tories at all costs.

There’s no evidence of childish bleating but it’s a common theme among the Tories on here to underplay the issue and simply blame the Civil Service.

The most recent thread I can find on Gordon Brown is from 2010 when I wasn’t frequently on the forum.
Old 21-11-2020, 21:26   #87
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Neither of us have seen the details.
Yet You are an expert on assessing her talent.

Quote:
Those that have have found her guilty of bullying
no they haven’t
Quote:
and breaking the ministerial code.
alleged.

Quote:
No one else has stayed in their job after doing that.
John bercow? Valerie Vaz? Gordon Brown? There’s 3 and Fergus Ewing MSP, if we’re allowed to include him makes 4.
Old 21-11-2020, 21:27   #88
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
I am very sure that you are not qualified to make that assessment.
Nor are you qualified to prove that she is competent. It’s an assumption grounded in your political bias.
Old 21-11-2020, 21:29   #89
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Nor are you qualified to prove that she is competent.
??? And.......?

I haven’t made that assertion. Such a childish response.
Old 21-11-2020, 21:31   #90
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
??? And.......?

I haven’t made that assertion. Such a childish response.
It’s not a childish response it’s a verifiable fact. You’re assuming she’s competent because she’s a Tory and it suits your narrative. Yet she appears to find herself encountering problems that other Conservative Ministers, dare I say more competent Ministers, have not.

Her breach of the Ministerial Code isn’t “alleged”. The report says she did.

Quote:
To that extent her behaviour has been in breach of the ministerial code, even if unintentionally.

Last edited by jfman; 21-11-2020 at 21:42.