Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 12-08-2016, 18:00   #271
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Quite. Eloquently put.
Yes l have to agree with that as well.
Old 12-08-2016, 18:15   #272
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Ok so what do we think it will really cost then
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 18:53   #273
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Ok so what do we think it will really cost then
Your guess is as good as mine, old chap. As I said, be patient and all will be revealed.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 19:01   #274
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

As there is a rule of thumb on this forum that a couple of months later what was posted here becomes what was infact posted by virgin , i have book marked and screen shot a load of these post so we can refer back later

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 19:13   #275
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
As there is a rule of thumb on this forum that a couple of months later what was posted here becomes what was infact posted by virgin , i have book marked and screen shot a load of these post so we can refer back later
Very good idea actually
Old 12-08-2016, 19:20   #276
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Nice to see you keeping busy old bean.
Old 12-08-2016, 20:00   #277
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

I would if it was me think this is realistic

1tb TiVo £49 and due to the fact that it don't require 4K material I think £5.50 a month extra is enough

2tb 4K TiVo £99 and because it then has 4K £12 a month extra and some sort of early sign up promotion
Old 12-08-2016, 20:35   #278
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l have to agree with that as well.
Me too.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 20:50   #279
Wolf04
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media XL + Sports & Movies
Wolf04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm sure spec wise it will be a good box but I'efd sack the design team it looks awful.
Yes and the design of the remote is awful too, if it isn't rolling off the coffee table it's hurting my hand trying to use the number keys one handed. This obviously refers to the current model but the new one looks frighteningly similar.
Wolf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 21:27   #280
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Here is a poll for our predications http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-think-v6.html
Old 12-08-2016, 21:32   #281
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf04 View Post
Yes and the design of the remote is awful too, if it isn't rolling off the coffee table it's hurting my hand trying to use the number keys one handed. This obviously refers to the current model but the new one looks frighteningly similar.
The new one is designed to be used one-handed. And IIRC it has a flat bottom. (Personally I quite like curvy bottoms)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 22:04   #282
Wolf04
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media XL + Sports & Movies
Wolf04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The new one is designed to be used one-handed. And IIRC it has a flat bottom. (Personally I quite like curvy bottoms)
Ditto, but not on remotes
Wolf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 09:59   #283
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Well Tom mockinridge says "By offering the same box with some regional variations, Liberty has been able to bring down the cost of deploying its generation receiver while improving the feature set"

Wow if he had not the box could have been £300
Old 13-08-2016, 10:24   #284
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Maybe it`s just me but why do virgin charge anything for a new box when it`s never yours to keep? What would happen if everyone said "sorry virgin either give me a new box free of charge or I`l stick with what I`ve got"? i know it wouldn`t happen because they`l always be geeks willing to pay silly money to get the very latest.
When I was with Sky i paid for an extra box which had extra storage space for your recordings but the difference is the box is mine to keep forever and I can still use it,even record on it if I want to(albeit pay sky £5 a month). Now i know you don`t get to keep virgins boxes when you leave but that means virgin can re-sell a box over and over again! Nice little earner `eh!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 11:09   #285
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Maybe it`s just me but why do virgin charge anything for a new box when it`s never yours to keep? What would happen if everyone said "sorry virgin either give me a new box free of charge or I`l stick with what I`ve got"? i know it wouldn`t happen because they`l always be geeks willing to pay silly money to get the very latest.
When I was with Sky i paid for an extra box which had extra storage space for your recordings but the difference is the box is mine to keep forever and I can still use it,even record on it if I want to(albeit pay sky £5 a month). Now i know you don`t get to keep virgins boxes when you leave but that means virgin can re-sell a box over and over again! Nice little earner `eh!
Hi that's my thoughts exactly, sky's normal price is £99 for box which is installation and connection but the now it's all free. And the charge for UHD on sky is £12a month virgin media £15 a month. It's true sadly they can resell the box as much as they want, and charge as much as they want