Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media O2 to launch Volt bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media O2 to launch Volt bundles

Old 19-10-2021, 21:32   #31
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media O2 to launch Volt bundles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
My understanding is that once any current Oomph offer ends, you wouldn't get a new one. So you'd be able to carry on with your Oomph bundle including the Virgin Mobile SIM at the full price.

Any new cable and mobile bundle offer would be a Volt bundle.
Which is ridiculous way of working things in my opinion. I honestly don't understand why it has a RRP of £161
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2021, 22:00   #32
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Which is ridiculous way of working things in my opinion. I honestly don't understand why it has a RRP of £161
I genuinely thought it was a typo - adding the £25 for an O2 sim without discounting it from the £136.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 22:15   #33
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I genuinely thought it was a typo - adding the £25 for an O2 sim without discounting it from the £136.
It seems that from my reading it's correct. It's £74 for VM and £25 for O2 making it £99. After 18 months, VM is £136, but I'm guessing you still need to add O2 onto that at £25 making it £161.
I genuinely do not understand this one bit. Granted you are getting 1 gig over 600mb, but ultimate oomph are supposed to be on the top package, yet they've made this top package, making ultimate oomph redundant and have slapped an extra £22 on top. Surely it's not just me who thinks that is ridiculous?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 22:27   #34
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
but ultimate oomph are supposed to be on the top package, yet they've made this top package, making ultimate oomph redundant and have slapped an extra £22 on top. Surely it's not just me who thinks that is ridiculous?
I'm not commenting on the pricing here as I have no involvement in that.

But it is generally the case that newer 'top of everything' bundles are launched which supersede earlier versions. When the Ultimate Oomph bundles launched, they replaced the older cable only VIP bundles. And there were several versions of those older VIP bundles too.

Even with Ultimate Oomph there are technically two versions - one with two V6 boxes and one with a 360 + 360 mini box.

Oomph bundles are now no longer sold. All new cable + mobile bundles are Volt.
Old 19-10-2021, 22:30   #35
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

It's not just you Mythica.

I realise that they have to make money but those prices are madness if it transpires that it goes up to £161 after 18 months.

Ignoring the extra channels with Sky, you're locked in to VM in a way. Last time my Oomph contract was up, adding everything up (TV, phone, BB, two boxes and a SIM) to get the equivilent with Sky and BT etc was substantially more expensive than a discounted new contract and more expensive than even the full price of Oomph.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 00:51   #36
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It's also a clear signal that Virgin Mobile will disappear as soon as the contract with Vodafone runs out.
They are basically encouraging new mobile adds onto the O2 network, sacrificing VM Mobile.
I ditched Virgin Mobile a while ago, since then, so have other members of my family.

Only two remain on VM, and one of those simply because Im on Bigger Oomph atm.

That package is on a £28 a month discount atm, which runs out early next year.
At that point I'll be cancelling TV (not used anymore) and probably upgrading the BB to 1G.

Nothing 'Volt' related looks particularly appealing.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 12:13   #37
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

I'm hoping I can just renew what I have, currently on Ultimate Oomph plus an extra 3rd box for £115 and I feel that's not even that good of a deal got better ones for other members of the family.

Other than not currently having UHD (Not bothered until sport comes) and 1G BB, there is no reason to upgrade and have a terrible time in 18 months trying to get a good discount on £161 pounds

As others say Sky now offering 500meg, BT sport, I believe you can beat virgin media's price now
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 14:10   #38
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

If you took out a new O2 (12m) contract, say a 4GB plan for £6.00 per month, can you then get this bumped to 8GB *and* get your broadband speed "doubled"? It seems to be the case although the Volt press release talks about "Double mobile data on all eligible O2 Pay Monthly plans"

Seems a cheaper route to move to the next broadband tier?
Old 20-10-2021, 15:46   #39
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
If you took out a new O2 (12m) contract, say a 4GB plan for £6.00 per month, can you then get this bumped to 8GB *and* get your broadband speed "doubled"? It seems to be the case although the Volt press release talks about "Double mobile data on all eligible O2 Pay Monthly plans"

Seems a cheaper route to move to the next broadband tier?
All the 12 and 24 month PAYM plans on O2 are Volt eligible

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/...actLength=P12M

Obviously you can't get double Unlimited
Old 20-10-2021, 16:01   #40
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

You can, you just wouldn’t notice any difference…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 12:50   #41
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
As others say Sky now offering 500meg, BT sport, I believe you can beat virgin media's price now
I've just checked on Ultrafast for my area and estimated speed is 120meg which is pretty poor for a 500meg package
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 18:56   #42
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
I've just checked on Ultrafast for my area and estimated speed is 120meg which is pretty poor for a 500meg package
Says I can get 330meg
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 20:19   #43
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

330 ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 15:28   #44
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Just activated it on the O2 website - says it could take up to 14 days.

Funnily enough I had just changed my tariff last month (I was on 30GB data, everything else unlimited for £20, but wasn’t using that much data, so I dropped it to 20GB & unlimited data/calls for £10), so now my data will go up to 40GB a month.
That didn’t take very long (applied on the 18th).

Just checked my O2 account, and the Data Allowance has gone up to 40GB, and done a speed test on my broadband, and it’s still showing the original speed (386Mb/s down, 36Mb/s up), and my VM account still says 350Mb, so I’ll give it a day or two before I chase it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D9D05485-474A-4F99-B05F-68B590C2BDB8.jpeg (36.4 KB, 341 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2021, 15:46   #45
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

If you have a custom, retentions package with discounts, would the Volt VM speed uplift change the existing contract at all? I would assume the existing arrangements remain unaltered ..