Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-04-2009, 22:38   #226
Mally_B
Inactive

Mally_B is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I've have had nothing but problems with the refurbished STB's they dump on you when they swap a Box. Calling the monkeys in La La Land is painful and i refuse to do it anymore so since my VOD is now offline I'm just going to switch to Sky instead. At least i will get some HD content when i do.
Mally_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2009, 22:54   #227
philmacavity
Inactive

Services: V+ (VIP service), 20meg broadband + phone
philmacavity is an unknown quantity at this point

Very helpful when you call to say you are going to leave but so far this year I've had 2 instances where I've asked them to send me something (a replacement V+ remote & a B/band router) & both times I had to make umpteen phone calls to chase the items up, the remote took nearly 4 weeks & the router 3 weeks, in both instances I was promised delivery in 5 to 7 working days at the point of ordering.
Ill give 'em 50/50.
philmacavity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 22:33   #228
MACH2
Inactive

Services: TV, Broadband and telephone
MACH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rang today about the proposed upgrade and nearly ended up with a new service and paying £20 (I think) more per month. The people in the Indian call centre are very polite but I don't think they understand very well. I won't repeat this experience. How do you speak to someone in the UK?

I've been an NTL/Virgin customer for more than 8 years and never had any trouble with my service.
MACH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 22:34   #229
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH2 View Post
Rang today about the proposed upgrade and nearly ended up with a new service and paying £20 (I think) more per month. The people in the Indian call centre are very polite but I don't think they understand very well. I won't repeat this experience. How do you speak to someone in the UK?

I've been an NTL/Virgin customer for more than 8 years and never had any trouble with my service.
Ring after 0800 on Tuesday.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 14:49   #230
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH2 View Post

I had the same problem today. I just wanted some information and they knew nothing except the sales pitch.
In the end I dialed 150 and chose the thinking of leaving and got through to a UK call center and he was vary helpful.
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 00:31   #231
KnightRider
Inactive

Services: 2 Samsung Tivo's, XL tv, Sky Sports Pack
KnightRider is on a distinguished roadKnightRider is on a distinguished road

Interesting the pole figures are almost identical from the best service to the worst service. What does this tell us?

Virgin media is a 'Hit 'n' Miss' company or just plain average!
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 11:18   #232
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough

i find it amusing that people think its all bransons fault or he has anything to do with services. Isnt he just pumping in the cash and making profit lol

Still, ive had cable 12 years, not really had many major complaints, apart from I always redial when I hear an accented voice, uugh!
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 20:51   #233
MrRanner
Inactive

MrRanner is an unknown quantity at this point

Before I start with an explanation into our situation, can I first of all say that I bear no malice to any Virgin Media Employee, as I’m sure they get screwed over just as much as the rest of us.

I got Virgin Broadband in July of 2008 when I’d moved into a new flat. The cabling was all installed so all I needed was the modem box. I was also sent a wireless router that wouldn’t work with a Mac and an excessive amount of CAT5. The box weighed about 4kg, for the sake of a 400g modem. At the time, I’d taken the 20Mb service as this seemed to promise the fastest available speed in my area, and living less than a mile from the main Virgin Media control room thing I thought I’d get some of this, and at present I get about 15Mb. This isn’t a massive problem, but is the first in a series of lies.

Since then I’ve not had a consistent connection for more than 6 weeks at a time. I’ve been told that the fault is with our line, the area, our switch box outside the flat and repeated software upgrades. I’ve had three direct debits set up, and all three have been set up for the wrong day of the month and then cancelled, without notification of the suspension being sent through to me, so I don’t know I’ve missed payments.

On one occasion, my partner had to take the day off work to be in for an engineer to come round to fix the line after the service had been down for two weeks. After missing their morning slot, they came round mid afternoon, then phoned me (at work) to say that they couldn’t find a parking space outside the flat, so wouldn’t do the work. An hour later (after calling tech support and being passed around department to department) I ended up in a row with the local engineering manger, who ended up sending out two engineers at 7pm – meaning that no-one needed to be in until after work anyway.

Today, in the latest round of problems, my partner called tech support because the internet was down again. The guy on the phone (Jim), was quite helpful, but informed us that the line had a fault on it and it would take 2 hours or so to resolve. As we were both trying to get work done, we both went to our respective offices. 8 hours later, we came back, having been assured that the line would have been fixed after two hours. It wasn’t. So again my partner phoned tech support, where she was informed that the line was fixed, but the operator needed my password to turn on the line. My partner said “I think the password is ******” to which we got the reply “If you’re not sure, I cannot proceed”. My partner asked to speak to a supervisor, but was spoken over with the operator saying “I just need to tell you one thing…” and generally not wanting to put the supervisor through. Eventually, in frustration, my partner hung up and waited for me to get home.

I called at 5:05 this evening and finally had my call answered at 5:09 by an operator. I informed him of my problem (ie. no internet), and was immediately informed by him that “there was an outage in my area”. This was odd, as between us (my partner and I), we’d been given three different reasons to why the service was down. When I challenged him on this, and questioned why two people from Virgin Media had lied to me, I was put on hold for five minutes (enough time to make a cup of tea and a slice of toast), and was informed on his return that the fault was with the line. I asked what he needed to get this sorted and what information or passwords he needed, and was told he’d have to check what the situation with the fix would be, but that there was no need for passwords as the technical support team DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. I was then put on hold for a further 9 minutes, at which point he came back on the line and told me that I needed to unplug the modem. Having done this, I was put on hold for a further 5 minutes, before the operator came back on line to ask me (repeatedly over the next 6 minutes) to plug in and unplug the modem. He then put me on hold (again), for a further 5 minutes before eventually asking that I check if the internet was working. It was. At this point I asked to speak to his supervisor, who must be a very busy man as it took him 8 minutes to reach the phone.

I questioned why it had taken over an hours worth of phone conversation to solve the problem, and why we had been lied to. His only reply was that he “would be filing a complaint against those involved” then put me on hold for another 5 minutes whilst he checked my account. He said that I should get in touch with customer services as technical support could not offer any financial compensation for poor service.

I’m now passed the point of anger, and slipped into resentment of ever taking this appalling “service” out. I’m disappointed that virgin care so little about their customers they can’t be bothered to find out what problems are so just lie to them instead, assuming that most people will simply accept the first piece of information that is handed to them.

If you are reading this from the position of someone who is looking at getting a Virgin Media service, I would recommend doing the following instead: get two plastic cups and thread a piece of string through them, stretch the string out until it is taught and you can hear noises being transmitted down the line; now, take some scissors and cut the string, take £30 out of your wallet and set fire to it; now do a wee in your cup, and hey presto! Virgin Media quality service without the hassle of a massive phone bill!
MrRanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 20:01   #234
Baldric999
Inactive

Services: VM - BB (M)/TV (L)/Phone
Baldric999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutellajunkie View Post
Still, ive had cable 12 years, not really had many major complaints, apart from I always redial when I hear an accented voice, uugh!
Excatly same for me. Never ewally had a problem and only ever rang to upgrade/change a package and always ring 150 and make sure I get the UK call centre.
Baldric999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 15:53   #235
Ziggy250
Inactive

Services: VM XL package 20meg
Ziggy250 is an unknown quantity at this point

not answered poll, mainly because UK based call centres are great and very helpful, the ones oversea's (India) are a waste of time.
Ziggy250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 17:01   #236
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

had extremely good service of them and horrendously bad service of them

main problems oi have had are having to deal with people reading from a list as i see it of how to fix things who just don't want to do anything when they get to the end and nothing has worked

on the other hand i have had some one phone to check everything is ok with a fix and to go out of thier way to ensure an friends eldrerly grandfather got what he needed fixed (happened to be his phone which was why i was doing the phoning) when others would have just quoted data protection ( i reckon none of them actually know what that is lol ) .
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 21:27   #237
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermevans View Post
when others would have just quoted data protection ( i reckon none of them actually know what that is lol ) .
They have to follow Virgin policy with regards to the Data Protection Act, to not follow policy is to get yourself in deep doo doo.
Old 01-06-2009, 21:35   #238
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

This is one of the reasons I won't use Indian callcentres - data protection is a hot potato in the UK but I have no idea how seriously they take it over there. Yes they might be told it's serious and failure to adhere would get them in trouble but do they take DPA seriously or even consider it a major issue? I have no idea.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 21:39   #239
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
This is one of the reasons I won't use Indian callcentres - data protection is a hot potato in the UK but I have no idea how seriously they take it over there. Yes they might be told it's serious and failure to adhere would get them in trouble but do they take DPA seriously or even consider it a major issue? I have no idea.
I cannot help now comparing the offshore centres to the one in Mumbai Calling
Old 01-06-2009, 23:39   #240
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
They have to follow Virgin policy with regards to the Data Protection Act, to not follow policy is to get yourself in deep doo doo.
then virgin doesn't understand it then

though its funny only seems to matter when i cut services do they make a fuss about me running my parents accounts never comes up when i add stuff to their account
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote