Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Warning on cancelling your account

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

No offers for Broadband L customers ?

Old 08-02-2007, 21:40   #1
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point
No offers for Broadband L customers ?

Just looking over the current packages and there is a striking absense of offers for people who want BB L. People with BB M or BB Xl all get a discounted package, but those of us on BBL don't.

I guess we are NTL's cash cow, but it's just a little unfair no ?
ntl.wotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2007, 22:08   #2
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: No offers for Broadband L customers ?

There's a discount for XL BB customers?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 22:32   #3
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
There's a discount for XL BB customers?
Not that I can see...
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:30   #4
prawncocktail
Inactive

Services: 10MB BBI, XL TV, Talk Unlimited, V+, Extra V Box (all ex-TW)
prawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really nice

theres discounts available for everybody depending on what services you have, if you have any broadband solus there are no offers apart from size m which if your taking it new you may get for £14.99

call customer care and if you have 2 services you will get a discount if you are not already getting one
prawncocktail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:53   #5
Dave104
Inactive

Dave104 is an unknown quantity at this point

i went by the new virginmedia site today to check out if the prices were still the same and seen the 2 for £20 deal M broadband and phone at the moment i have 4meg broadband and just the basic phone as we dont use it that much if i remember my last bill was about £50 so that works out at £30 extra just coz i have and extra 2 meg broadband ? wtf i will phone CS tonight if they can give me some kind of deal iam off after 7 years of using NTL
Dave104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:04   #6
prawncocktail
Inactive

prawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really niceprawncocktail is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave104 View Post
i went by the new virginmedia site today to check out if the prices were still the same and seen the 2 for £20 deal M broadband and phone at the moment i have 4meg broadband and just the basic phone as we dont use it that much if i remember my last bill was about £50 so that works out at £30 extra just coz i have and extra 2 meg broadband ? wtf i will phone CS tonight if they can give me some kind of deal iam off after 7 years of using NTL

firstly if your happy with your basic phone and 4mb you can get the 2 for 20 and pay an extra £7 for your 4mb, so £27 in total. However by the fact your paying approx £15 on calls suggests you may be on the wrong telephone package and so it may be worth discussing that with cust care to find a better phone package for yourself.

remember its not what you pay at the beginning of the month (your bundle price) but at the end of the month that matters (your bundle plus the extras you have used, eg calls)

shaun
Old 09-02-2007, 13:01   #7
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl.wotcha View Post
Just looking over the current packages and there is a striking absense of offers for people who want BB L. People with BB M or BB Xl all get a discounted package, but those of us on BBL don't.

I guess we are NTL's cash cow, but it's just a little unfair no ?
You can have any of the deals with BB M and upgrade the offer to BB L for £7.
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 13:30   #8
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirkby View Post
firstly if your happy with your basic phone and 4mb you can get the 2 for 20 and pay an extra £7 for your 4mb, so £27 in total. However by the fact your paying approx £15 on calls suggests you may be on the wrong telephone package and so it may be worth discussing that with cust care to find a better phone package for yourself.

remember its not what you pay at the beginning of the month (your bundle price) but at the end of the month that matters (your bundle plus the extras you have used, eg calls)

shaun
That looks interesting what about if you want the Broadband/TV package? We have 4MB broadband and TV M - rather than the BB M and TV L that it offers.
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 13:41   #9
prawncocktail
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by brundles View Post
That looks interesting what about if you want the Broadband/TV package? We have 4MB broadband and TV M - rather than the BB M and TV L that it offers.
I would need to see your account to verify any offer for that as TV Size M should only be available with a telephone line... which if i understand your post correctly you only have tv and broadband

but, tv size L and Broadband size L(4mb) would be £27, it follows the same principal add £7 for the broadband upgrade to 4mb

shaun
Old 09-02-2007, 13:50   #10
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Are you sure you have TV M (free TV) rather than Starter pack (£5.50)?

Starter pack is no longer offered to new or existing customers.

TV M is only available free to people with a phone line.
Old 09-02-2007, 14:39   #11
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirkby View Post
I would need to see your account to verify any offer for that as TV Size M should only be available with a telephone line... which if i understand your post correctly you only have tv and broadband

but, tv size L and Broadband size L(4mb) would be £27, it follows the same principal add £7 for the broadband upgrade to 4mb

shaun
Just double checked and you're both right - it's the L package - used to the essential package. The question still stands though, if you can get the 2->4 difference for £7 when using the 2 for £20 on phone and BB, does the same apply with using the 2 for £20 for BB and TV?

For a bit of history on the account if it helps, we used to have a TW phoneline but cancelled that in favor of VOIP but were never given any Solus charges.
Old 09-02-2007, 14:57   #12
King Of Fools
Inactive

Quote:
Just double checked and you're both right - it's the L package - used to the essential package. The question still stands though, if you can get the 2->4 difference for £7 when using the 2 for £20 on phone and BB, does the same apply with using the 2 for £20 for BB and TV?
Yes, you can pay the difference to upgrade any of the single parts of the deals, so you could have BB-M and TV-L for £20, BB-L and TV-L for £27, BB-XL and TV-L for £37, BB-M and TV-XL for £29, BB-L and TV-XL for £36, or BB-XL and TV-XL for £46.
Old 09-02-2007, 15:11   #13
brundles
Inactive

Thanks for the comprehensive response. Looks like it'll be worth a quick call - might even get the mobile sorted at the same time.