Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | More Rubbish From The Scammers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

More Rubbish From The Scammers

Old 28-06-2020, 19:45   #31
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: More Rubbish From The Scammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
This just opened on my browser....

https://eu.retailandtradeshow.x y z/...06281126353720

I have spaced out the suffix to make it break the link.
Just had someone on the EE forum with the same. Looks likee EE & VM share the same anniversary!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2020, 20:14   #32
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveybm View Post
Over the past couple of days I've had :-
One supposedly from Morrisons
One supposedly from Aldi
One supposedly from Argos
none of whom have my email address, all the same format, " click on this link to confirm your email address to claim £500" yes straight in the bin you go!
My mum used to get some of those every day. I ended up having to set her up with a new email address.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 14:58   #33
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Wife just had an automated call . . . from 07675431026 . . telling her that her National Insurance number has been compromised

Is there no end to this madness?

Due to the nature of her work, sometimes it's a little difficult not to answer calls from an unknown number, thankfully she's got her head screwed on though.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 15:23   #34
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Wife just had an automated call . . . from 07675431026 . . telling her that her National Insurance number has been compromised

Is there no end to this madness?

Due to the nature of her work, sometimes it's a little difficult not to answer calls from an unknown number, thankfully she's got her head screwed on though.

Trouble is, they are now so clever at doing it that even some experts on scamming have been caught out.

I worry most for vulnerable people who may be more easily pulled into it
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 15:28   #35
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Sadly there will always be people caught out by scammers.

The vulnerable are definitely in need of better protection (somehow), but there are also those caught out by their stupidity (and greed) and fail to see the thorns on the rose offered.
Old 27-11-2021, 14:29   #36
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

6 calls so far this week from "your internet provider technical department". All South Asian with a lot of chatter in the background. This morning it was at 7:50!!
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2021, 18:45   #37
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
6 calls so far this week from "your internet provider technical department". All South Asian with a lot of chatter in the background. This morning it was at 7:50!!
Indeed i had one at 7:30, i managed to keep her entertained for 10 mins before she hung up

That was 10mins she was not able to scam someone else.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2021, 18:47   #38
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Indeed i had one at 7:30, i managed to keep her entertained for 10 mins before she hung up

nice

You have to make your own entertainment sometimes
Old 27-11-2021, 23:29   #39
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

I had one scam call myself about 7:35 the other morning also from the technical department at BT Openreach call was swiftly hung up on wouldn’t even speak with them. Activated the call blocking feature on my phone again.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2021, 23:41   #40
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

My phone is on DND till 8am with only my ICE allowed to pass it
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2021, 11:08   #41
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
'Ere, Taf: How do you know they weren't calling from Neasden?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2021, 16:16   #42
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
And you are in Whitchurch , surprised you get anything . Local web pages report no end of problems with all virgin media services since it's been upgraded l have lost count of the number of outrages l have had since it was done . Last I called the bot even noted that I had called a number of times really finding virgin is getting worse by the day. What do they really think they have done. Service was rock solid before they " fixed" it
Old 28-11-2021, 17:53   #43
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
And you are in Whitchurch
I'm over by Tesco Extra, in the cul-de-sac area.
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2021, 23:16   #44
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I'm over by Tesco Extra, in the cul-de-sac area.
More gabalfa then how is it with you . Around heol don area it's more down than up these days.