Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | is this router suitable?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

is this router suitable?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:48   #1
smudgethecat

is this router suitable?

hi all, first post so be gentle, i have just had my virgin broadband service upgraded to 10mb and a new modem has been supplied rather than the signal going via the set top box ,will a linkys wrt54gl router be ok with this set up , thanks
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2009, 10:51   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: is this router suitable?

No reason why not unless the port on the router isn't capable, have you tried it out? BTW my cat's name is Smudge, it's quite common apparently Oh and
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09   #3
smudgethecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
No reason why not unless the port on the router isn't capable, have you tried it out? BTW my cat's name is Smudge, it's quite common apparently Oh and
thanks graham ,no i havent , my brother uses one with his 2mb service and is very pleased with it, i just wondered should my service being the faster service make any difference? sorry if im being a bit thick but im a computer philistine im afraid
Old 01-07-2009, 13:29   #4
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

I have the older WRT54G and that gives me the full 10Mb on both wireless and wired. The WRT54GL should be fine.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote