Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | RIP Stephen Hawking

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

RIP Stephen Hawking

Old 14-03-2018, 19:06   #16
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Re: RIP Stephen Hawking

RIP.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-03-2018, 20:15   #17
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

A genius, a gentleman with wit and humour ... May your kind of heaven by great to you...
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 20:23   #18
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

He had a wicked sense of humour, and wasn't afraid to take the Mick out of himself.
Old 15-03-2018, 12:55   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

One of the most intelligent people ever to have graced this planet.

RIP.
Old 24-03-2018, 23:16   #20
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Noticed this on the end of this weeks new Simpsons.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 08:27   #21
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

I'll always remember him most fondly from his appearance on ST: TNG (Descent part 1, the last ep of season 6):

HAWKING: But then I said, "In that frame of reference, the perihelion of Mercury would have precessed in the opposite direction".
EINSTEIN: (laughing) That is a great story!
DATA: Quite amusing, Doctor Hawking. You see, Sir Isaac, the joke depends on an understanding of the relativistic curvature of space-time. If two non-inertial reference frames are in relative motion -
NEWTON: Do not patronise me, sir. I invented physics. The day that apple fell on my head was the most momentous day in the history of science.
HAWKING: Not the apple story again.
DATA: That story is generally considered to be apocryphal.
NEWTON: What? How dare you!
EINSTEIN: Perhaps we should return to the game. Let's see, where were we? Yes, you raised Mister Data four, which means that the bet is, er, seven to me?
NEWTON: The bet is ten! Can't you do simple arithmetic? I don't even know why I'm here in the first place. What is the point of playing this ridiculous game?
DATA: When I play poker with my shipmates, it often appears to be a useful forum for exploring the different facets of humanity. I was curious to see how three of history's greatest minds would interact in this setting. So far, it has proved most illuminating.
EINSTEIN: And profitable.
NEWTON: Can we get this over with, please? It's your bet.
HAWKING: I raise fifty.
NEWTON: Blast! I fold.
DATA: I fold as well.
EINSTEIN: The uncertainty principle will not help you now, Stephen. All the quantum fluctuations in the universe will not change the cards in your hand. I call. You are bluffing and you will lose.
HAWKING: Wrong again, Albert.
(Hawking has four sevens and a king)
Old 25-03-2018, 19:57   #22
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post

(Hawking has four sevens and a king)
An hypothesis proven or not only when we know what Albert had.

Comedian: You said there could be an infinite number of parallel universes; does this mean there is a universe out there in which I am smarter than you?
Hawking: Yes, and also a universe where you're funny.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote