Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 29-03-2018, 22:29   #616
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

I can honestly say that we are paying far too much for our channels.

Yes, both VM and Sky, rip customers off. And sadly we end up paying for it.

I don't watch any Sky Movie channel, or VM Movies. And l haven't since l have been with them. I would either go to Netflix or go to True Movie channels.

True Movies have TWO movie channels, where VM have only one of them. Also True Entertainment channel which is watched 60% of the time.

I simply cannot understand why True Movies isn't on VM where its on Sky.
I have had this before with VM, you call them up to complain about a certain channel. They say well you can have the channel for a discount for six months, But then it goes up.

What these companies should be doing is offering the best deals out there for the customers.

Remember there are only TWO big players out for customers. Sky and VM, BT comes behind.
Yes, they are in a business to make money. But its the customer they should be looking after at the end of the day.
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2018, 23:35   #617
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Channels available on free services (like True movies) usually have to pay VM to be on their platforms, so it's probably down to cost that the second True Movies channel isn't on cable. You'd think that VM would look at the bigger picture and fill in the gaps in their service though.

I agree that pay TV is far too expensive, which is why I refuse to pay the published prices. They know that it's in their interests to make less profit, but a profit nevertheless, than nothing at all on those of us that take this stance.

If the day ever comes when the discounting stops i'll simply use this as leverage with another supplier and move all personal & business products away.

If none of them agree to play ball (unlikely), I would happily use Freeview & Freesat PVR's and possibly a cheap streaming service.

Edit: I would also consider downgrading to the M/Player pack. Most new additions have been added to M+ and above, but this is being rectified with more channels moving down to the Player/M pack

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 29-03-2018 at 23:42.
Old 30-03-2018, 16:45   #618
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

What are you talking about? There is only one True Movies channel! We don't have the +1 but who cares about that, we don't need any more of those.
Old 30-03-2018, 19:54   #619
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
What are you talking about? There is only one True Movies channel! We don't have the +1 but who cares about that, we don't need any more of those.
Well spotted. True Movies 2 morphed into True Movies +1 on 30/9/16, so it's not too much of a loss to VM customers now that we have six tuners.

They probably couldn't justify putting this onto VM with its much smaller customer base than satellite as the extra advertising wouldn't cover the extra costs payable to VM.

Have we now got all the film channels bar this timeshift?

Re: Sky Movies.

Argos are now selling a 4 month pass and box for £25, even if you didn't need a box, this works out cheaper than what I was told Re: VM never going below a £7 a month baseline. Info. courtesy of Buckeye.

No wonder they are now virtually having to give Sky Cinema away

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 30-03-2018 at 20:01.
Old 30-03-2018, 22:52   #620
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Surely FTA channels don't need to pay to be aired. VM can make there money through adverst, we have enough of them.
I genuinely believe that If companies reduced there charges, they would make more money and gain more customers.

When you think that the amount of money both Sky, and VM and even BT make on TV subs for premium channels.

And now there is every possibility that we will have to pay for BT Sport soon. You have to decide whether or not to go to the pub. Or simply find a company that does free football which is legal to watch football.

I believe there is a box out there, l was reading that it look like a big flat box - but is an aerial and can pick up free football, and other channels and its all FREE and legal
Old 31-03-2018, 13:26   #621
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Surely FTA channels don't need to pay to be aired. VM can make there money through adverst, we have enough of them.
I genuinely believe that If companies reduced there charges, they would make more money and gain more customers.

When you think that the amount of money both Sky, and VM and even BT make on TV subs for premium channels.

And now there is every possibility that we will have to pay for BT Sport soon. You have to decide whether or not to go to the pub. Or simply find a company that does free football which is legal to watch football.

I believe there is a box out there, l was reading that it look like a big flat box - but is an aerial and can pick up free football, and other channels and its all FREE and legal
I am sure there is a box out there (Kodi ?) - not sure it is legal to watch the football on it though.
Old 31-03-2018, 13:42   #622
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

I think you're talking about a box that's promoted in America, essentially it's their version of a freeview box as a lot of Americans don't have an aerial to pick up OTA channels.
Old 31-03-2018, 13:44   #623
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I am sure there is a box out there (Kodi ?) - not sure it is legal to watch the football on it though.
I suspect he means this
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33705801

There's far too much football on Freeview if you ask me.
Old 02-04-2018, 17:00   #624
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Cinema has confirmed that Sky Cinema Sci-Fi and Horror will be rebrand as Sky Cinema Monsters on Virgin UK Channel 411 from April 7th.

No news on when the rebrand will end.

http://www.sky.com/tv/channel/skycin...ction/monsters
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-04-2018, 17:25   #625
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky Cinema has confirmed that Sky Cinema Sci-Fi and Horror will be rebrand as Sky Cinema Monsters on Virgin UK Channel 411 from April 7th.

l am sure some will be waving their hands up and down with glorious delight MB.
Old 02-04-2018, 20:51   #626
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

I suppose there are some people out there that might find that news exciting.
Old 02-04-2018, 22:54   #627
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Noticed today that one of the Sky Cinema channels had rebranded to Sky Animation and for a couple of days one was called 'Sky April Fool'.

Can't help but wonder if this was Sky having a sly smirk to themselves at those paying full whack for their film channels...
Old 03-04-2018, 00:18   #628
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Noticed today that one of the Sky Cinema channels had rebranded to Sky Animation and for a couple of days one was called 'Sky April Fool'.
Sky Animation did appear on March 24th.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...and-three.html

Sky April Fool was only on the EPG on Sunday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 03-04-2018, 16:26   #629
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hearing news that sky Atlantic might launch on virgin this year any truth in it ?
Old 03-04-2018, 16:50   #630
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
Hearing news that sky Atlantic might launch on virgin this year any truth in it ?

Closed Thread