Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 14:12   #406
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not very nice of them failing to put their subscribers first. Glad to see that Virgin and BT have a different mindset.
I'd say you have a point if it was the Olympics I'm Not sure there is the same interest in the Winter Olympics in the UK.
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2018, 14:24   #407
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'd say you have a point if it was the Olympics I'm Not sure there is the same interest in the Winter Olympics in the UK.
I'm not that into sport at all, but I will be watching some of the winter olympics. I think this event will get quite a lot of interest, actually.
Old 07-02-2018, 14:28   #408
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I'm sure it will it's on the BBC.
Old 07-02-2018, 14:30   #409
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
That may well be true, but those who do wish to watch will feel agrieved. Sky cannot afford to upset customers, as has been discussed at length on here.
Bit of a PR fail for me.
Old 07-02-2018, 14:31   #410
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
It is, but there is a lot more coverage on Eurosport channels.
Old 07-02-2018, 14:36   #411
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
That may well be true, but those who do wish to watch will feel agrieved. Sky cannot afford to upset customers, as has been discussed at length on here.
Bit of a PR fail for me.
I doubt interest is that high , I couldn't tell you anyone who's competing for us.

As I say if this was to happen in the Olympics now that would be a different story.

Clearly the spat between Discovery and Sky hasn't helped Sky viewers here.

Last edited by muppetman11; 07-02-2018 at 14:46.
Old 07-02-2018, 14:51   #412
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I doubt interest is that high , I couldn't tell you anyone who's competing for us.

As I say if this was to happen in the Olympics now that would be a different story.
I shall definately be watching as its the only time we get to see some sports. My personal favourite is long track speed skating, they are incredible athletes.
Old 07-02-2018, 14:57   #413
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I shall definately be watching as its the only time we get to see some sports. My personal favourite is long track speed skating, they are incredible athletes.
Don't get me wrong I watch the odd daytime event on the BBC from the Winter Olympics I'm just saying I don't think there is the viewing numbers the Summer Olympics gets with more UK competitors involved.

I actually think from Discoverys point of view it's a good move , now imagine could they catch some Premier League rights great for bartering with.
Old 07-02-2018, 15:10   #414
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I watch the odd daytime event on the BBC from the Winter Olympics I'm just saying I don't think there is the viewing numbers the Summer Olympics gets with more UK competitors involved.

I actually think from Discoverys point of view it's a good move , now imagine could they catch some Premier League rights great for bartering with.
Agreed the Winter Games are not as popular as the summer games, but never the less, bad PR for SKY.

Sky are used to throwing there weight about perhaps they have met there match. The Eurosport brand has been steadily growing since the 90's and now has real muscle behind it, so it will be interesting to see where they take it in the future.
Old 07-02-2018, 15:14   #415
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Do l detest sour grapes old boy.
Old 07-02-2018, 15:22   #416
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Do l detest sour grapes old boy.
No Den that was a response to OB's post regarding plenty viewing

So long as Eddie the Eagles on one of the channels I can get.
Old 07-02-2018, 15:33   #417
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Quote:
No Den that was a response to OB's post regarding plenty viewing

So long as Eddie the Eagles on one of the channels I can get.
Eddie the Eagle a great folk hero, just like the boys from "Cool Runnings" Shame they have removed these characters from Sport.
Old 07-02-2018, 18:16   #418
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Eddie the Eagle a great folk hero, just like the boys from "Cool Runnings" Shame they have removed these characters from Sport.
There are these competing at this year's games

Winter Olympics 2018: 'We're all goofballs' - meet Nigeria's bobsleigh team - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/42908172
Old 07-02-2018, 18:39   #419
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

FreeSports have announced they are launching FreeSports HD on 'Sky Platforms' this summer. They said "We are currently working on going HD on all our other platforms, one step at a time!"

https://twitter.com/FreeSportsUK/sta...77158583881728
https://twitter.com/FreeSportsUK/sta...78234523561984

They also tweeted out a link to a petition to get freesports on virgin media so they clearly have not signed a deal with virgin.
Old 07-02-2018, 19:40   #420
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
FreeSports have announced they are launching FreeSports HD on 'Sky Platforms' this summer. They said "We are currently working on going HD on all our other platforms, one step at a time!"

https://twitter.com/FreeSportsUK/sta...77158583881728
https://twitter.com/FreeSportsUK/sta...78234523561984

They also tweeted out a link to a petition to get freesports on virgin media so they clearly have not signed a deal with virgin.
I think Virgin should resist until the HD version is offered. PQ on standard definition, at least when I viewed it, was abysmal.
Closed Thread