Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM phasing out older packages

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

VM phasing out older packages

Old 17-05-2018, 09:52   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
VM phasing out older packages

Just got a letter in the post from VM. Basically they say older TV packages are being phased out. In our case from 1st July we'll be charged £3 extra a month and moved onto the next package up. M+ customers are being moved up to the Fun package.

They have activated the Fun package channels already so you can try them before they start charging.

At first look the main difference is a bunch of spin-off Discovery channels, Nat Geo, Animal Planet and some Children's channels.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2018, 10:34   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: VM phasing out older packages

Break of contract by them , you leave for free if you want, did they mention that ?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 10:50   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Break of contract by them , you leave for free if you want, did they mention that ?
There is a bit at the end of the letter, before the signature, where they say you can change or cancel before 1st July without cancellation charges.

There is also a website link I never saw first time (here).
Old 17-05-2018, 10:55   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
There is a bit at the end of the letter, before the signature, where they say you can change or cancel before 1st July without cancellation charges.

There is also a website link I never saw first time (here).
If you want to stay, I'd ring up and say you're going to cancel because of it, you'll probably find them very accommodating.
Old 17-05-2018, 11:08   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Out of curiosity I looked at TV section of VM website, the comparison section to be specific, and only packages they show are Player, Mix, Full House and VIP. If they are not selling it on their website why are they moving people onto Fun.

Also odd, Mix is 239 channels (so says the website), M+ is 235 (according to the letter), so why didn't they move M+ customers to Mix then? Is Mix disappearing too and the website isn't reflecting this yet? The wording of the letter suggests it isn't just M+ disappearing.
Old 17-05-2018, 14:24   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
If they are not selling it on their website why are they moving people onto Fun.
Fun is still available for existing customers, but it's not sold as part of the new customer offers.

Quote:
so why didn't they move M+ customers to Mix then?
There are some channels in M+ that aren't in Mix TV, but all of the M+ channels are in Fun.

Quote:
Is Mix disappearing too and the website isn't reflecting this yet? The wording of the letter suggests it isn't just M+ disappearing.
Mix isn't disappearing.
Old 17-05-2018, 14:48   #7
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Fun is still available for existing customers, but it's not sold as part of the new customer offers.

There are some channels in M+ that aren't in Mix TV, but all of the M+ channels are in Fun.

Mix isn't disappearing.
Many thanks BenMcr.

Didn't realise M+ has channels Mix doesn't despite Mix having more, explains choice of Fun instead.

First time my TV package has changed since Telewest Starter (if I remember name correctly), which was a £2.95 option when taken with the broadband and phone back in the day, before being renamed M+ eventually.
Old 17-05-2018, 20:05   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

Mix isn't disappearing.
Does this mean that existing customers can ask to be put onto Fun? Also, the letter says that 'older TV packages are being phased out', will those already on (or moved to) Fun eventually be migrated to another pack?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 20:24   #9
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Fun is still available for existing customers
Fantastic ! Where and when does it happen
Old 17-05-2018, 22:02   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Does this mean that existing customers can ask to be put onto Fun?
Potentially, but as far as I can recall it doesn't really save much compared to the current Full House bundle or add much more compared to the current Mix bundle i.e. the bundles with all three services, rather than a pure count of the TV channels each pack has.

Quote:
Also, the letter says that 'older TV packages are being phased out', will those already on (or moved to) Fun eventually be migrated to another pack?
No plans that I'm aware of to remove Fun for those on it, but as I'm not involved in those decisions I have no crystal ball for any future product decisions.