Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Picture Break-up

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Picture Break-up

Old 30-03-2020, 21:21   #1
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Picture Break-up

I am noticing increased picture break-up (not on motion shots),

Has the broadband strength been reduced so that I'm not getting enough to support 2 V6 boxes, a pc and a tablet?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2020, 22:20   #2
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Picture Break-up

I'm no expert, but the TV signal is separate to the internet, except for the on-demand/streaming services.

Is the picture breakup on broadcast channels or on-demand/streaming?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 10:30   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It's likely to be a signal fault affecting just you. Make sure all the cable connectors are tight. Contact VM if you can't resolve it yourself.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 12:15   #4
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

It is noticeable when watching live tv channels and also on some recordings (older recordings seem better than current ones).

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, an engineer attended

he tested my 'signal' and told me it wasn't strong enough for broadband and 2 V6 boxes. He went to the street box and moved 'me higher up the 'order' - this resolved the problem.

I presume It is possible I have been moved down the order as a result of other people complaining.

I suspect the chances of getting an engineer out are very slim in the current times.
Old 31-03-2020, 12:48   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

There's no problem getting someone out to the cabinet, if that's what it needs. Home visits are more tricky.
Old 31-03-2020, 13:12   #6
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Is it possible the box is on its way out?

We get picture break up, my dad said it was the TV, but the Fire Stick has no issues.
Old 31-03-2020, 13:49   #7
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

We get picture break up, my dad said it was the TV, but the Fire Stick has no issues.
In my years of having Cable TV, both personal experience and reading about others who have problems with it on the internet, it is usually ends up being the signal rather than the box.

I only remember one box replacement and multiple instances of it being a signal issue in a great many years.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 13:51   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Unlikely. If only recordings were affected, it probably would be the box, but picture break-up on live TV is almost always caused by a signal fault.
Old 31-03-2020, 15:40   #9
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Unlikely. If only recordings were affected, it probably would be the box, but picture break-up on live TV is almost always caused by a signal fault.
That was my guess.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:59   #10
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Thanks to Spiderplant for arranging a technical visit this morning.

A powered splitter was fitted which boosted the signal and all seems well

Again

Thanks Spiderplant
Old 03-04-2020, 21:04   #11
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Thanks to Spiderplant for arranging a technical visit this morning.

A powered splitter was fitted which boosted the signal and all seems well

Again

Thanks Spiderplant
Good stuff....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote