Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Sports reduced to £8.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Sky Sports reduced to £8.

Old 18-03-2020, 09:49   #31
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Sky Sports reduced to £8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
A word of warning though, it's transpired that, even though Sky Sports can be paused, if it is, then people are losing discounts eg one person found that they were then paying full price for movies.
Hopefully, this is explained to customers who request the pause.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2020, 11:49   #32
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

I have the rolling 30 day Sky Sports package with VM, I will probably wait until the PL decide their way forward before I cancel my package.

I have got Amazon prime now after the Boxing Day games, I am actually getting my money's worth and there are some good sports programmes such as Man City All or Nothing.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2020, 23:52   #33
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
A word of warning though, it's transpired that, even though Sky Sports can be paused, if it is, then people are losing discounts eg one person found that they were then paying full price for movies.
I'm not surprised and this is the nub. I'd not contemplated losing Sky Cinema discounts by chopping Sports, but was painfully aware that chopping the sports channels could throw any bundle discounts/offers into the mix and end up worse off in the long run.

I suppose if VM have discounted subs based on a 12month contract, then it's the usual argument rehashed. Just that these are somewhat unprecedented times.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2020, 00:42   #34
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

VM I believe are allowing you to just cancel it till sports are back to normal .
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2020, 00:47   #35
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
I'm not surprised and this is the nub. I'd not contemplated losing Sky Cinema discounts by chopping Sports, but was painfully aware that chopping the sports channels could throw any bundle discounts/offers into the mix and end up worse off in the long run.

I suppose if VM have discounted subs based on a 12month contract, then it's the usual argument rehashed. Just that these are somewhat unprecedented times.
...and would thus allow VM to disingenuously say that they had offered you an option to pause Sky Sports.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Hopefully, this is explained to customers who request the pause.
One woman said that neither her or the CS had thought about this. When this was realised (after the CS woman had input the pause request), she said to forget about it, but the system wouldn't allow her to change it back!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2020, 05:45   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
VM I believe are allowing you to just cancel it till sports are back to normal .
We tried to cancels the sports nash but was told our bill would go up by a pound.
Old 19-03-2020, 06:30   #37
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Have VM done the same as Sky now?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 20:33   #38
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Yes, go here:
https://www.virginmedia.com/pauseskysports
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 21:09   #39
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Given that if you pause your subscriptions, you still get these channels, why do they ask you if you want to pause your subscriptions? Why not just credit everyone with the subscription for these channels? Seems a bit bureaucratic to me.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 21:27   #40
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

... because Martin Lewis talks about forbearance in these difficult times.
There are some who feel it appropriate to continue to pay for what, after all, they are continuing to receive - the Sky Sports channels.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 22:11   #41
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

How does this work for those that receive packages with Sky Sports in the price like the ultimate oomph bundle?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 22:20   #42
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
How does this work for those that receive packages with Sky Sports in the price like the ultimate oomph bundle?
Given my experience on the dog and bone you won't be any better off.
Old 24-03-2020, 00:48   #43
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Are vm feeling ok?
Old 24-03-2020, 09:30   #44
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Given my experience on the dog and bone you won't be any better off.
And this is my worry - our bundle includes sports & movies, and yeah, I'm a little concerned about messing up the movies discount by chopping the sports.

It's great that VM are now doing this, but I'd have liked a little bit of reassurance in the holding statement to cover these scenarios. I can't imagine we're the only ones.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 09:35   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
And this is my worry - our bundle includes sports & movies, and yeah, I'm a little concerned about messing up the movies discount by chopping the sports.
Exactly.

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

Quote:

It's great that VM are now doing this, but I'd have liked a little bit of reassurance in the holding statement to cover these scenarios. I can't imagine we're the only ones.
Quite a few l would imagine as all l know when l phoned up the other day and stated clearly that l won't be needing Sky Sports they said fine but your bill will go up by a £1 though and my reply was very politely l am not very happy with this and nor will many others be either.