Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:32   #616
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Then again, I'd like to think that the unemployed would consider community work a useful contribution to society in return for benefits whilst your average criminal and anti-social types would consider it a punishment. Same work perceived differently...
I would also agree with that. If it was voluntary only.

They want to abolish the something for nothing culture by bringing in a something for nothing policy. I find that quite ironic.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35   #617
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I want to know where all these 'signers-on' are going to be housed...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:44   #618
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I want to know where all these 'signers-on' are going to be housed...
They'll just contract the work out as usual to A4E and the likes.

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It'll be interesting to see how welfare work scheme affects the Jeremy Kyle viewing figures.

At least nobody should be sitting about all day on the state suck.
They'll save money on leccy bills by not being at home too.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55   #619
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Of course all this pesky doing stuff for benefits could be avoided if the lazy slobs decided to take back the jobs the migrant workers are accused of stealing .
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03   #620
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Of course all this pesky doing stuff for benefits could be avoided if the lazy slobs decided to take back the jobs the migrant workers are accused of stealing .
wont be able to till we get rid of the freedom of movement act until then there will still be 5 unemployed for every job and over 40 for some low skilled jobs

But magically they will be able to find work to be done for free what a surprise. And all the sheep go baa baaa good get the shirkers
Old 02-10-2013, 12:08   #621
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Here we go. blame the bloody migrants.

at one time the government would be having a conference discussing how we as a country can create jobs and cut down the unemployment figures by way of real help.

but Dave has a plan where the conference is about how we can punish the unemployed, and make a rule where if they can't find a job (that wasn't there in the other conference) then we punish them severely.

like the bedroom tax.
if they can't find one of these 1 bedroom properties that aren't there. and will never be there. then we punish them.

the workers are ok with it. because they've been brain washed into thinking the unemployed are to blame for everything in this country. and they think that Dave really has this big reward for them once he's destroyed Britain.
(with their backing)

I haven't the heart to tell them that Dave is coming for them next.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:14   #622
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Here we go. blame the bloody migrants.

at one time the government would be having a conference discussing how we as a country can create jobs and cut down the unemployment figures by way of real help.

but Dave has a plan where the conference is about how we can punish the unemployed, and make a rule where if they can't find a job (that wasn't there in the other conference) then we punish them severely.

like the bedroom tax.
if they can't find one of these 1 bedroom properties that aren't there. and will never be there. then we punish them.

the workers are ok with it. because they've been brain washed into thinking the unemployed are to blame for everything in this country. and they think that Dave really has this big reward for them once he's destroyed Britain.
(with their backing)

I haven't the heart to tell them that Dave is coming for them next.
I agree totally only its Osbornes policies not DC's aint they?

If we sheared all the sheep here we could knit a few jumpers for the poor lol

It is all just a distraction anyway and will not make enough of a difference to make a difference to the economy. The only ways I see that can fix the economy is get out of the EU or at least stop paying subs,Stop foreign aid,means test the state pension and legalise cannabis all the little scores manage is getting their feet wet
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19   #623
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I get mixed up with them both.

Quote:
The poor will take what they need from the sheep when it comes to it. don't worry about it
Old 02-10-2013, 12:39   #624
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I get mixed up with them both.

The poor will take what they need from the sheep when it comes to it. don't worry about it
and maybe if the "poor" took the opportunities presented to them they wouldn't be so "poor"

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

Quote:

It is all just a distraction anyway and will not make enough of a difference to make a difference to the economy. The only ways I see that can fix the economy is get out of the EU or at least stop paying subs,Stop foreign aid,means test the state pension and legalise cannabis all the little scores manage is getting their feet wet
I've lost count of the times it has been explained to you that the welfare reforms have very little to do with saving money in the short run ,it's far more about making people more responsible for their own welfare .Your failure to see that or accept that sums up perfectly what is wrong with the welfare society
Old 02-10-2013, 12:54   #625
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky TV, VM 100Meg Broadband
Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light

What was that on Daybreak this morning where someone is going to the High Court because their benefits had been cut from £600 to £500?

I bet she got legal aid @£5,000 for the morning.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Quote:

The issue that's making them not work is Child Tax Credits. Why should they get Child Tax Credits if they don't work?

People go to work to earn a living yet they sit at home and spit babies out for money.

They've always said 4 is the magic number, I'm sure it is because if you look on the HMRC website they'll give you over £300 per week in Child Tax Credits, this isn't adding on their Income Support, Child Benefit, free rent, free Council Tax, free Prescriptions the list is endless.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I also have a blue badge, but I don't drive. If you saw me, you would question my disabilities also on the face of it. Oh and if I get caught short I'd also give Usain Bolt a run for his money too.
Aren't blue badges for people who can't walk more than 20 yards unaided?
Nidge41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:56   #626
tizmeinnit

Quote:
and maybe if the "poor" took the opportunities presented to them they wouldn't be so "poor"

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

I've lost count of the times it has been explained to you that the welfare reforms have very little to do with saving money in the short run ,it's far more about making people more responsible for their own welfare .Your failure to see that or accept that sums up perfectly what is wrong with the welfare society
you can explain your opinion as much as you want I take no notice.

My point will remain the same and that is if there is work needs doing then give the job to a long term unemployed person and pay them they are then off benefits and bettering themselves without all the bull crap sugar coating vote for us tory crap wrapped round it

Your attitude towards the unemployed sums up nicely the sheep position
Old 02-10-2013, 12:58   #627
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge41 View Post
Aren't blue badges for people who can't walk more than 20 yards unaided?
The criteria aren't that stringent. My mum's had one for decades due to chronic, early-onset arthritis, but to this day she can walk for 20 minutes round a shopping centre unaided.

You could also get one if, for example, you had an autistic child and walking them any distance through a car park could be problematic.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 13:07   #628
martyh

Quote:
you can explain your opinion as much as you want I take no notice.
That's your problem right there ,it's not my opinion it's a fact

Quote:
My point will remain the same and that is if there is work needs doing then give the job to a long term unemployed person and pay them they are then off benefits and bettering themselves without all the bull crap sugar coating vote for us tory crap wrapped round it
so are you going to pay the extra tax to pay their wages ? or does the money just appear from the magic money tree

Quote:
Your attitude towards the unemployed sums up nicely the sheep position
I have an attitude towards the whingers sitting on their keyboards moaning about having to do stuff for some free money given to them by the the state so they don't starve
Old 02-10-2013, 13:09   #629
tizmeinnit

Quote:
That's your problem right there ,it's not my opinion it's a fact

so are you going to pay the extra tax to pay their wages ? or does the money just appear from the magic money tree

I have an attitude towards the whingers sitting on their keyboards moaning about having to do stuff for some free money given to them by the the state so they don't starve
In your opinion

Well my cynical mind thinks these jobs are already being paid to be done and all this will achieve is people losing real jobs or subbies losing contracts another Tory cutback imo

I would rather the long term unemployed got retrained or given this work to do for a wage not benefits
Old 02-10-2013, 13:17   #630
martyh

Quote:
In your opinion
FACT,NOT OPINION LEARN THE DIFFERENCE .The welfare changes are designed to change peoples attitude towards benefits and make them more responsible for their own welfare .That was the stated aim (along with cutting back on the budget)at the start of the program ,so not opinion.Changing peoples attitude over a few generations will save much more in the long run and fortunately we have a government prepared to see past the next election