Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

Old 01-02-2019, 16:34   #1441
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Well no one is forcing you to watch it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2019, 00:50   #1442
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Young Sheldon has been renewed for Season 3.

Legion has been cancelled.

And sadly (for me) Travelers has been cancelled.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:09   #1443
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
[B]And sadly (for me) Travelers has been cancelled.
I shall remedy that tout suite tonight if I win the euro millions. I want another season of 16 episodes to wrap everything up.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:17   #1444
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Damn to travelers as I have just started S3, is there any point me finishing it?
Old 05-02-2019, 10:49   #1445
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Damn to travelers as I have just started S3, is there any point me finishing it?
Yes as they got the chance to wind it up rather than stop on a cliffhanger.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 20:49   #1446
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yeah, they wrapped things up quite nicely and sort of started of fresh. I was looking forward to seeing where it was going.
Old 07-02-2019, 00:18   #1447
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

The Simpsons get to keep going a little longer, renewed for two more seasons (31 & 32)

Old 08-02-2019, 18:02   #1448
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I was really hoping Arrow was going to cancelled. They haven't learnt the Neegan lesson.
Personally, I still like it, even though they have largely removed Oliver from the Arrow character. However, even if I didn't, I would just stop watching it. I wouldn't call for it to be axed. Not least because sometimes, when I've encountered a series where they've made a change that just hasn't worked, they've realised that and changed it. Axing the series sort of stops that.

For instance, I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer. A lot of people didn't like Seasons 4 or 6. Season 4 introduced "The Initiative", a shady government organisation that took the series into a conspiracy thriller area that the writers didn't appear comfortable with. Season 6 made the series more soap like, which, again, a lot of people didn't like. Had they axed it after either series, we would not have seen some episodes that are arguably the best of the entire series.

That said, there have also been series where they've made a change that hasn't worked, not sorted it out, and there series has ended up being axed (Heroes being one example).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 20:03   #1449
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I wouldn't call for it to be axed. Not least because sometimes, when I've encountered a series where they've made a change that just hasn't worked, they've realised that and changed it. Axing the series sort of stops that.
the problem is that they haven't realised. Diaz did my head in last season, he was such an improbable and OTT bad guy it did my head in, they stretched the story out unnecessarily and there were multiple opportunities the team had to capture him or kill him once and for all and they always let me go. I thought we had finally got rid of him at the end of the season but nope, they have brought him back again and no matter what he does or how many people he kills they just let him keep on going. I get the feeling they are always making the same mistake with Cicada in The Flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
For instance, I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer. A lot of people didn't like Seasons 4 or 6.
Season 4 of Buffy was my favourite. I don't want to sound too pervy but physically I thought she was absolutely perfect.
Old 08-02-2019, 22:19   #1450
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

While not actually cancelled, the Cosmos season 2 premiere has been postponed due to ongoing investigations into sexual misconduct allegations against Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Old 09-02-2019, 22:20   #1451
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Yes as they got the chance to wind it up rather than stop on a cliffhanger.
Yes it finished up very well, glad I watched it until the end.
Old 10-02-2019, 15:42   #1452
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

AMC Cancels Into the Badlands, the series returns for its final 8 episodes on 24th March.

According to Deadline Hollywood: “the saga will climax in an epic battle to end all battles
Old 10-02-2019, 18:04   #1453
General Maximus
Ran Away

that's not a bad thing because I wondered where it was going last season. Hopefully the guys were given the heads up before or during filming so they had an opportunity to wrap it up nicely.
Old 10-02-2019, 19:26   #1454
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Project Blue Book Renewed For Season 2 By History
Old 11-02-2019, 00:29   #1455
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Project Blue Book Renewed For Season 2 By History
Has anyone seen this ? I havent bothered with it so far.