Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | X Factor : 2009

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

X Factor : 2009

Old 20-12-2009, 21:29   #481
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie
Re: X Factor : 2009

I actually thought he'd be number 1! oh well.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2009, 21:30   #482
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie07 View Post
I actually thought he'd be number 1! oh well.
Have a pic instead
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 21:52   #483
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Have a pic instead
You and your pics!
Old 20-12-2009, 21:55   #484
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
You and your pics!
You could make him your Number One.
Old 20-12-2009, 21:57   #485
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
You could make him your Number One.
Oh Moldova oh no hes definitely not my type, i could make Danyl my number one haha
Old 20-12-2009, 22:06   #486
Peter_
Permanently Banned

I am rather pleased that we gave the X Factor a bloody nose and ruined their attempt at dominating the Christmas Number One slot for the foreseeable future.

When the 2010 series rears its ugly head I will support a similar campaign to prevent the winner once again from reaching the number one slot at Christmas.

Maybe next year the record labels will fight back and let some of their major stars release tracks at Christmas and we will have a proper race for the number one slot as we did before reality music shows such as this arrived on the scene.
Old 20-12-2009, 22:09   #487
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

X-Factor will most likely win though. This year was a success because Cowell chose a really bad song.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 22:40   #488
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Pity that Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" didn't beat whateverhernamewas last year.

--------

ratm4xmas has now raised over £70,000 for Shelter (the homeless charity), plus RATM are also going to be donating proceeds from the single to charity.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 22:42   #489
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post

Now it's not cost effective to go and buy a number 1 record.Vinyl has gone and not many want a CD for one single.Downloading one MP3 that you can replay on your PC or MP3 player is where technology has taken us.Cannot see anything wrong with that myself.
Yes. Fantastic! Technology has progressed so we all enjoy inferior audio quality
Old 21-12-2009, 09:25   #490
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
X-Factor will most likely win though. This year was a success because Cowell chose a really bad song.
All the previous X Factor songs have been pretty dire or badly sung.
Old 21-12-2009, 10:43   #491
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Why? If the winner of the x-factor/pop idol/popstars (any year) gets to number one after all the exposure they get (be it on TV, Radio or the press), is it because they are genuinely talented, or because they have been massively hyped? I suppose one way to find out is to see how many of them have No. 1s a couple of months after the series finishes.

I think you'll find it a lot less than number of people who have won those shows..
But, by running a campaign based on what amounts to bullying, is hardly the best way to achieve this goal. The song really is utter crap; it was in nineteen ninety-two and it still is. Why not have a proper competition with a decent song and great artists, to prove that it is the song and not the publicity that should win? I am not particularly a fan of the X-Factor's results, I watch it for it's entertainment value. Some of the auditionees are either very good, stark raving bonkers, or just deluding themselves and it makes for a good diversion. However, this year I actually liked the song and I think that Joe McEldery made a good bash of it (although I did like Olly Murs as well). It was not his fault that Simon Cowell was ripe for a bashing, but he was robbed of what would have been quite an achievement.

If other artists were serious about achieving a Christmas number one, then they should try harder to produce decent music. I recently heard N-Dubz's Playing With Fire and I thought that had merit.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 10:51   #492
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
But, by running a campaign based on what amounts to bullying, is hardly the best way to achieve this goal.
Give me a break. There is no way this campaign amounted to Bullying. Despite what you may think, it's not a human right for the X-Factor winner to be No 1.

Quote:
The song really is utter crap; it was in nineteen ninety-two and it still is. Why not have a proper competition with a decent song and great artists, to prove that it is the song and not the publicity that should win?
Decent Song? Great Artists? Have you seen a list of previous No 1s? Publicity, Gimmicks, Campaigns, these are all part of the Christmas No 1 race.

Quote:
I am not particularly a fan of the X-Factor's results, I watch it for it's entertainment value. Some of the auditionees are either very good, stark raving bonkers, or just deluding themselves and it makes for a good diversion. However, this year I actually liked the song and I think that Joe McEldery made a good bash of it (although I did like Olly Murs as well). It was not his fault that Simon Cowell was ripe for a bashing, but he was robbed of what would have been quite an achievement.
If they sold as much as they did last year, they would have won. The problem is they chose an awful song. He was not robbed either, your comments are a great example of why people did this campaign. The expectation that he should have won and in not doing so it was 'bullying' and 'robbery'.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 16:04   #493
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

This is what the world has been waiting for....

Jedwards "Debut" Single!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MIAO...ayer_embedded#

LOL
Old 26-01-2010, 16:07   #494
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
This is what the world has been waiting for...
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 16:08   #495
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Nooooooooo Derek!