Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Doctor Who

Old 07-10-2018, 22:16   #406
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who

Yup that was good. Feels a lot less like 'going though the motions' that the recent series felt like.

Wasn't quite sure about the coming soon bit at the end with all the actors in the coming series? Few names were big enough there to warrant that IMO. Is this something they already did that I never noticed?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2018, 22:19   #407
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think that's mostly to do with how different they are going that they thought showing the guest actors was an idea. I did recognise most of them.

The new lenses and aspect ratio really helped it feel big and epic.
Old 07-10-2018, 23:10   #408
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

It was ok, nothing special, but enough to keep me watching atm.

I think she babbles on a bit too much, I hope that calms down a bit.

I recognised about 3 or 4 of the people at the end.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 23:32   #409
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Matt Smith's Doctor used to babble on a lot too.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:25   #410
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Yup that was good. Feels a lot less like 'going though the motions' that the recent series felt like.

Wasn't quite sure about the coming soon bit at the end with all the actors in the coming series? Few names were big enough there to warrant that IMO. Is this something they already did that I never noticed?
That put me off a little.. Even though I loved the episode, I was a little put off by the fact the trailer made a thing of showing the guest stars. I've still got some bad memories of when the classic series went down that route. That said, not all the guest stars of the original series were bad. Beryl Reid sticks in the mind as actually being fairly good.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 22:48   #411
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Thought it was good, felt like Dr Who straight away which I was worried about. Give it a few more episodes to fully decide ! See Torygraph readers are outraged about the BBCs feminist/ethnic/disabled 'agenda' - sad mod edit can't keep their 'hate' away from anything. It was entertaining that's all that matters.

Last edited by Stephen; 08-10-2018 at 23:00. Reason: Word removed for language
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 22:56   #412
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Thought it was good, felt like Dr Who straight away which I was worried about. Give it a few more episodes to fully decide ! See Torygraph readers are outraged about the BBCs feminist/ethnic/disabled 'agenda' - sad mod edit can't keep their 'hate' away from anything. It was entertaining that's all that matters.
like some mail readers racists saying on there comments on it not enough white people in it shocking

Last edited by Dave42; 08-10-2018 at 23:50.
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 19:42   #413
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 21:25   #414
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Old 10-10-2018, 10:52   #415
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

I enjoyed it and looking forward to Sunday.

I see shades of the David Tennant version in Jody's portrayal.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 13:24   #416
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I saw a good bit of Matt Smith there too. Mainly the babbling and running about. Then again there was a glimpse of a few Doctors.

Jodie is brilliant though.
Old 10-10-2018, 13:30   #417
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

I don't really like the regeneration episodes as they always tend to do too much disoriented babbling. The story wasn't too interesting either, but I can't really fault her performance for that.
Old 17-10-2018, 10:51   #418
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

BBC Press Office

Verified account

@bbcpress
18h
18 hours ago

First episode of Jodie Whittaker's #DoctorWho watched by 10.9 million viewers (consolidated) - making it the highest season launch for the series ever >> https://bbc.in/2CKnkhf
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 11:21   #419
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
BBC Press Office

Verified account

@bbcpress
18h
18 hours ago

First episode of Jodie Whittaker's #DoctorWho watched by 10.9 million viewers (consolidated) - making it the highest season launch for the series ever >> https://bbc.in/2CKnkhf
Impressive figures.
Old 17-10-2018, 11:25   #420
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
BBC Press Office

Verified account

@bbcpress
18h
18 hours ago

That is very very impressive.