Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin pulling out of PAYG

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin pulling out of PAYG

Old 22-06-2020, 22:23   #1
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Virgin pulling out of PAYG

Virgin will cease providing PAYG mobile by the end of July 2020.

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/s...you-go-closure

Edit: Looks as if somebody has jumped the gun on releasing this page. The closure is being delayed due to COVID-19. PAYG customers will be included in the upcoming SIM migration.

Last edited by nodrogd; 22-06-2020 at 22:39.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2020, 22:40   #2
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin pulling out of PAYG

Doh! Thanks for the heads-up.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 08:59   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Their loss, a lot of people prefer payg.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 09:07   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Their loss, a lot of people prefer payg.
It’s probably currently "their loss", which is why they will be leaving that market.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 23-06-2020 at 10:55.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 09:32   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

One of their tiny rivals already had dedicated Virgin Mobile page when I looked last night trying to get business. They had done a pretty good job and I was impressed they were so quick off the mark. The catch was that tou had to top-up every 120 days and minimum top-up was £10. So ultra-low users would be spending more they wanted even when not using it.
Old 23-06-2020, 09:34   #6
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Its probably currently "their loss", which is why they will be leaving that market.
Which is why such customers would be advised to leave VM and take their numbers with them.

EE have been trying to get me off payg for ages, I'm still on an old Orange tariff, it only costs me a few tops up a year. Unless there's a contract for less than £3 a month, I'll be hanging on to it !
Old 23-06-2020, 10:51   #7
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Out of curiousity nodrogd where did you find out? I've not seen anything official. How would someone find that webpage?
Old 23-06-2020, 11:07   #8
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Out of curiousity nodrogd where did you find out? I've not seen anything official. How would someone find that webpage?
Not sure if it's the same source nodrogd found but here's a link to the current VM page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/s...you-go-closure
snippet posted in case this page is withdrawn.
Quote:
Pay As You Go is ending

What’s happening?
Virgin Media’s Pay As You Go service is coming to an end by July 2020.

This means if you’re still on one of our Pay As You Go plans, your SIM will stop working.

We’ll drop you a text closer to the date to let you know when exactly yours will end.

I’m on a Pay As You Go plan. What do I do?
You have a few options to choose from.

You can switch over to one of our fuss-free monthly plans. Check them out virginmedia.com/leaveus.

We’ve also got an exclusive 30-day rolling mobile plan deal for you:

£5 gets you 200 mins, 200 texts and 200MB of data (subject to a credit check)
Or if you’d rather stick to a pay as you go plan, you can swap over to another provider. Just make sure to grab your PAC virginmedia.com/leaveus to keep your mobile number. If you don’t do this before your end date, you’ll lose your mobile number.
Old 23-06-2020, 11:12   #9
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Thanks joglynne, I'd seen that. My point was that I was curious how anyone knew this page existed. Did they get an email or text, for instance?
Old 23-06-2020, 11:38   #10
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
It was bought up by one of the other VIPs on the forum. Nobody at the time was denying it was official, & as the page was public (& still is) I posted it.

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Quote:
One of their tiny rivals already had dedicated Virgin Mobile page when I looked last night trying to get business. They had done a pretty good job and I was impressed they were so quick off the mark. The catch was that tou had to top-up every 120 days and minimum top-up was £10. So ultra-low users would be spending more they wanted even when not using it.
Not a catch you want for an emergency phone.

Tesco mobile are still selling PAYG Lite aiming at this market, as are ASDA mobile. Similar tariff to Simply 8p that my parents have.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 11:39   #11
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
It was bought up by one of the other VIPs on the forum. Nobody at the time was denying it was official, & as the page was public (& still is) I posted it.
Thanks.

A VIP has just posted the following on an official forums thread.

"IT IS POSPONED.....
The Web Page was put up in error.
PAYG customers will continue to get the new SIM cards for now"
Old 27-06-2020, 13:13   #12
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Thanks.

A VIP has just posted the following on an official forums thread.

"IT IS POSPONED.....
The Web Page was put up in error.
PAYG customers will continue to get the new SIM cards for now"
Sounds like its something in the pipeline but somebody announced it too soon !