Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 01:08   #91
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

We don't get E! +1, but it appears to have closed down on Sky 229. I don't think that this is a prelude to them closing E! itself as this supplies the hayu app.

There's been speculation that, as the last major broadcaster not to have a FTA outlet, it may be used for this purpose or to bring 13th Street to the UK.

Either way, let's hope that we get it on VM, as it's bound to be more interesting than E!.
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2018, 01:47   #92
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
We don't get E! +1, but it appears to have closed down on Sky 229. I don't think that this is a prelude to them closing E! itself as this supplies the hayu app.

There's been speculation that, as the last major broadcaster not to have a FTA outlet, it may be used for this purpose or to bring 13th Street to the UK.

Either way, let's hope that we get it on VM, as it's bound to be more interesting than E!.
Watching toenails grow is more interesting than E!
Old 02-01-2018, 02:29   #93
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Let me put this business concerning a long standing discussion on SA coming to VM.

Its rumoured to be coming to VM in early 2019. Not good enough. We have been talking about this channel for many years.

About two years, l read an article in the media and business news. From the CEO of Sky. He was asked about SA coming to VM. He stated ' We have offered SA to VM on several occasions, and even reduced the cost, so that VM customers can enjoy this channel.'

VM stated that they were NOT prepared to pay OVER the limit for a channel.

I said at the time that VM want the channel on the cheap, but at the end pf the day it will be US that pay for the channel at the end of the day.

With a new year, its about time that VM directors got together and gave us the channel that everyone wants.

I am certain that this year VM will increase prices more than once and still say ' we want the best for our customers.

VM will come a cropper, as the are many products that you can get SA on. So they will lose out or again got to Ofcom to complain

Old 02-01-2018, 08:45   #94
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Let me put this business concerning a long standing discussion on SA coming to VM.

Its rumoured to be coming to VM in early 2019. Not good enough. We have been talking about this channel for many years.

About two years, l read an article in the media and business news. From the CEO of Sky. He was asked about SA coming to VM. He stated ' We have offered SA to VM on several occasions, and even reduced the cost, so that VM customers can enjoy this channel.'

VM stated that they were NOT prepared to pay OVER the limit for a channel.

I said at the time that VM want the channel on the cheap, but at the end pf the day it will be US that pay for the channel at the end of the day.

With a new year, its about time that VM directors got together and gave us the channel that everyone wants.

I am certain that this year VM will increase prices more than once and still say ' we want the best for our customers.

VM will come a cropper, as the are many products that you can get SA on. So they will lose out or again got to Ofcom to complain
Well of course VM won't pay over the limit for any channel. You have to remember that SA is one of the Sky basics on the Sky satellite service. It is not a premium channel.

If Virgin paid over the odds for channels, that would impact on prices, and I'm sure you would be the first to complain about that.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:01   #95
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

I agree it's not new channel's needed but more new quality programs. 2018 may well bring Sky Atlantic and/ or AMC to Virgin customers but I wouldn't hold your breath!
Old 02-01-2018, 11:35   #96
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

28 British TV dramas to watch in 2018.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/2018-...-watch-in-2018
Old 02-01-2018, 13:15   #97
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

TV over Christmas was crap on all channels in my opinion
Old 02-01-2018, 13:32   #98
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
And there was me saying such and such yesterday and the teacher gave me a slapped wrist.
Old 02-01-2018, 14:25   #99
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Maybe Universal has sold E! +1 channel number on Sky to an other broadcaster due the new look channel numbers that Sky are set to launch in 2018.

Sky are set to put all the +1 channels together on the channel lineup.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-01-2018, 14:45   #100
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
28 British TV dramas to watch in 2018.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/2018-...-watch-in-2018
Thanks for that.....set a few series links ☺
Old 02-01-2018, 14:51   #101
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I agree it's not new channel's needed but more new quality programs. 2018 may well bring Sky Atlantic and/ or AMC to Virgin customers but I wouldn't hold your breath!
AMC will never be on VM, BT are still miffed at VM over VMs childish behaviour regarding Eiresport.

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Quote:
Agree i found myself watching Netflix over xmas.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And there was me saying such and such yesterday and the teacher gave me a slapped wrist.
Imo only BBC made a effort out of the big 4 even BBC was hit n miss for me only Doctor who, a Christmas carol gone wrong and MRS Browns boys were worth watching.
Old 02-01-2018, 15:30   #102
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
AMC will never be on VM, BT are still miffed at VM over VMs childish behaviour regarding Eiresport.

Imo only BBC made a effort out of the big 4 even BBC was hit n miss for me only Doctor who, a Christmas carol gone wrong and MRS Browns boys were worth watching.
Same here.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Old 02-01-2018, 16:28   #103
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:

I found Dr. Who to be very poor,but agree with you about Mrs. Browns Boys

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

Sorry not sure what happened to my post above,seems to of got mixed in with the quote!
PS I don't have Netflix so didn't watch it over Christmas!

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Sorry don't know what I did there,my post got mixed in with the quote!
PS I don't have Netflix so consequently didn't watch over Christmas!
Old 02-01-2018, 17:22   #104
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

Sorry not sure what happened to my post above,seems to of got mixed in with the quote!
PS I don't have Netflix so didn't watch it over Christmas!

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Sorry don't know what I did there,my post got mixed in with the quote!
PS I don't have Netflix so consequently didn't watch over Christmas!
Has happened to me before, gremlins probably.
Old 02-01-2018, 18:50   #105
telegramsam
telegramsam

Talking Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Has happened to me before, gremlins probably.
Yes that's probably it.
Closed Thread