Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Set-top box queries...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Set-top box queries...

Old 02-10-2018, 19:12   #1
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice
Question Set-top box queries...

Hello Chaps,

A quick one;
Had new TV feed installed today and I have been given a 500GB Samsung 'SMT-C1700' instead of a V6 box (as advertised). First time I've ever had cable TV so unsure what's best!

So in short; Should I be asking for a V6, or is the Samsung just as good/preferable?

Now... To see why the installer hasn't fully pinned the cable to the outside walls and also downgraded my broadband!

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2018, 19:15   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Set-top box queries...

The V6 is the dogs bollocks, so make sure you get the V6, the difference is night and day in every respect.

How did you not notice he wasn't installing a V6?

What does your contract say on My Virginmedia for the BB and TV services?
Old 02-10-2018, 19:32   #3
SirThomas
cf.addict

SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Haven't signed the contract yet - Always wise to wait until everything's running, I find! (bloody lucky in this case...)

"Our V6 box is now included with all of our bundles!" as per the website - The contract only says 'Mix TV' & 'tivo monthly fee' (whatever that is...). 'Vivid 200' for the BB, although I made them state very clearly to me that I'd stay on 200Gamer. So another call to the retentions team for a re-upgrade and a new box... ach!

Tom
Old 02-10-2018, 19:58   #4
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
Haven't signed the contract yet - Always wise to wait until everything's running, I find! (bloody lucky in this case...)

"Our V6 box is now included with all of our bundles!" as per the website - The contract only says 'Mix TV' & 'tivo monthly fee' (whatever that is...). 'Vivid 200' for the BB, although I made them state very clearly to me that I'd stay on 200Gamer. So another call to the retentions team for a re-upgrade and a new box... ach!

Tom
Installer had probably ran out of V6 boxes so just installed an old one, surprised though, thought V6 was all they installed now?
Old 02-10-2018, 20:16   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Tom
You do get 30 days cooling off i think and i don't think 200gamer exists anymore but i could be wrong.

When i phoned retentions last week my modem rebooted while i was agreeing to the price reduction and new contract and i was bumped from 150mbit to 200mbit.

I never signed an econtract or maybe just opening the email from them did that as on MYVM it says Contract signed on: Accepted?
Old 02-10-2018, 21:00   #6
SirThomas
cf.addict

Yes, I was very adamant that I wanted to keep ‘Gamer’ as upload’s more important to me than download. So they can spool back the tapes and find confirmation of that!

Mine concerningly says ‘accepted’ but nothing of the sort has happened. OPENING the docusign contract email (i.e. downloading content of.) let’s them know you’ve seen it - I presume, so be wary of that.

I’ll update tomorrow after my call, see what we get!

Tom
Old 02-10-2018, 21:32   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yes, I was very adamant that I wanted to keep ‘Gamer’ as upload’s more important to me than download. So they can spool back the tapes and find confirmation of that!

Mine concerningly says ‘accepted’ but nothing of the sort has happened. OPENING the docusign contract email (i.e. downloading content of.) let’s them know you’ve seen it - I presume, so be wary of that.

I’ll update tomorrow after my call, see what we get!

Tom

If Gamer is discontinued it is very unlikely the system will let them add it again for you, i think i have seen posts here before saying it is impossible but a VM employee will be able to give you more info on that if they read this.

It sounds like they messed everything up for you!, good luck getting it sorted.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Vivid 350 may have the upload you want, that maybe your only option if you can't get Vivid 200 Gamer readded?
Old 04-10-2018, 10:50   #8
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Vivid 350 may have the upload you want, that maybe your only option if you can't get Vivid 200 Gamer readded?
Vivid 350 has the same upload as the legacy Vivid 200 Gamer had so probably the only option if 200 Gamer is no longer on the options list to be added.
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:59   #9
SirThomas
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNT View Post
Vivid 350 has the same upload as the legacy Vivid 200 Gamer had so probably the only option if 200 Gamer is no longer on the options list to be added.
Yup, since my call yesterday - The Retentions guy has needed to escalate twice, as 'computer says no'. He'll call me back today.

He said I could I remove the new TV plan and upgrade to the 350meg 'to get the upload back' - Bally cheek!

I'll hardly agree to less, just because they didn't record the last guy's promises over the phone...

Tom
Old 04-10-2018, 11:31   #10
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Hopefully you'll get there in the end with a call back
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 23:15   #11
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Yup, since my call yesterday - The Retentions guy has needed to escalate twice, as 'computer says no'. He'll call me back today.

He said I could I remove the new TV plan and upgrade to the 350meg 'to get the upload back' - Bally cheek!

I'll hardly agree to less, just because they didn't record the last guy's promises over the phone...

Tom
I'm always surprised at a companies failure to record a conversation that backs the customers account of the call, but never fails to record ones that support its stance - probably best to record the conversation your self (telling them you are doing so at the start of the call of course)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:45   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Did you get a V6 sorted SirThomas?

Hope you get your BB sorted too, but if you don't i hope you get a good discount on the 350mbit if that is your only option, which maybe the best option as you may have this problem every time you want to re contract.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:51   #13
SirThomas
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Did you get a V6 sorted SirThomas?

Hope you get your BB sorted too, but if you don't i hope you get a good discount on the 350mbit if that is your only option, which maybe the best option as you may have this problem every time you want to re contract.
Nothing yet. Was promised a callback, but never got one.

I've told them that they can provide the same deal promised or send me details on their escalation procedure - I'm not gonna spend my time bartering over something already agreed!

Tom
Old 06-10-2018, 11:20   #14
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Nothing yet. Was promised a callback, but never got one.

I've told them that they can provide the same deal promised or send me details on their escalation procedure - I'm not gonna spend my time bartering over something already agreed!

Tom

If you have sales calls turned off in MYVM you may not get a call back.

You should be getting a V6 so don't leave it too long.
Old 06-10-2018, 16:32   #15
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Speak to retentions, no on else, they're the ones who get things moving.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote