Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Listings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TV Listings

Old 04-09-2018, 15:42   #1
T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
cf.addict

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S. is an unknown quantity at this point
TV Listings

Sorry – I don’t know if this post is in the right place as it concerns TV listing (website) and tivo box but does anyone know why it is no longer possible to view tivo box programs (my shows) and schedule recording when accessing the virgin tv listings on a desk top PC? Thanks
T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2018, 22:40   #2
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: TV Listings

Moved to correct forum so someone could help you with your issue better. Website discussion is for Forum issues.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 14:42   #3
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S. View Post
Sorry – I don’t know if this post is in the right place as it concerns TV listing (website) and tivo box but does anyone know why it is no longer possible to view tivo box programs (my shows) and schedule recording when accessing the virgin tv listings on a desk top PC? Thanks
All done by app now... Virgin TV Control on phone or tablet.
Old 05-09-2018, 14:59   #4
T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
cf.addict

Thanks - I use an app on my mobile but I found using my PC more convenient
Old 05-09-2018, 15:41   #5
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

TV Go can be accessed on a laptop here - https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html - you can manage your Tivo from the link on that home page once you've logged in, although I haven't tried to schedule new recordings from there but you can check My Shows and Planned Recordings . Having said that, it's not letting me do that at the moment but it did the other night. I seem to recall that it used to be more easily accessible via the Virgin Media site but I guess that changed when they re-vamped the apps.
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 16:23   #6
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

It's a bit hidden, but on the upper right of the "My saved content" panel is "Manage my box". Hadn't noticed it before.

You still don't appear to be able to set up future recordings with it.

Personally I use a combination of the Radio Times website and the Tivo/V6 EPG to plan and set up recordings and series links.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 16:29   #7
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

I use these two sources:

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/uk-premiere-dates/

https://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 16:57   #8
T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.
cf.addict

Thanks! It is good to be able to access tivo even if not able to set new recordings (it seems to be working OK now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad View Post
TV Go can be accessed on a laptop here - https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html - you can manage your Tivo from the link on that home page once you've logged in, although I haven't tried to schedule new recordings from there but you can check My Shows and Planned Recordings . Having said that, it's not letting me do that at the moment but it did the other night. I seem to recall that it used to be more easily accessible via the Virgin Media site but I guess that changed when they re-vamped the apps.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Thanks! It is good to be able to access tivo even if not able to set new recordings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
It's a bit hidden, but on the upper right of the "My saved content" panel is "Manage my box". Hadn't noticed it before.

You still don't appear to be able to set up future recordings with it.

Personally I use a combination of the Radio Times website and the Tivo/V6 EPG to plan and set up recordings and series links.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:22   #9
LFC Scouser
Gigabyte Greed

Services: 2 x V6 Box, VIP Bundle, M600, etc.
LFC Scouser is an unknown quantity at this point

Unaware if this has been mentioned but I'm pretty sure I also saw the Virgin TV Go app on the Microsoft Store for WinX users.
LFC Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:32   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC Scouser View Post
Unaware if this has been mentioned but I'm pretty sure I also saw the Virgin TV Go app on the Microsoft Store for WinX users.
TV Go yes - but that's for Live TV and On Demand streaming, so is the same as the website.

TV Control which is the Series Link app is only available on Android and iOS
Old 07-09-2018, 16:04   #11
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Speaking of TV listings when will they be viewable online again?

https://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tv-listings

The above link hasn't worked all week
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 16:55   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Speaking of TV listings when will they be viewable online again?

https://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tv-listings

The above link hasn't worked all week
The listings for TV Go are working at:
https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv/tv-guide.html

anywhere.virginmedia.com was the old site for TV Anywhere and I wouldn't really expect those links to work now
Old 07-09-2018, 18:23   #13
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The listings for TV Go are working at:
https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv/tv-guide.html

anywhere.virginmedia.com was the old site for TV Anywhere and I wouldn't really expect those links to work now
In that case, Virgin Media need to get the home page updated the link I've circled in white is the one I posted above no wonder I couldn't access it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 464668768.jpg (125.6 KB, 16 views)
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote